Clash Of Clans - Brags, Questions, Threats And Anything Else!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Our whole family is dressing up. Wife is going to be an archer, I'm going to be a wizard, 10 yr old a barbarian, and the best of all, the 14 month old will be a wallbreaker complete with bomb.

See? That's the case closing argument in cars vs transit: Clash of Clans better on transit. The end. Now we can FINALLY be done with the 28,983 pages of car vs transit argument. Whew. That's a relief.

Alright, the ban hammer fell with great force. I kicked my next door neighbour, my nephew, and a friend. Can't say I'm not fair with the hammer....

And neither does my wife. On her bedside table is a page of notes on how to properly attack.

that's awesome. tell her that adding a couple golems (spread apart) at the beginning of every attack will make her life infinitely easier ; )

Also, I know you are joking and I'm not offended - but I've been surprised at TH7 and TH8 how little time/effort it takes to be constantly building with 5 builders. Maybe it's just my lifestyle (not everyone rides the bus for two hours a day), but it takes almost no effort for me to get in 8-10 attacks per day, which should yield a million or so of each resource. Add in 300k+ from collectors and some war treasure and that's almost always enough to stay ahead since the upgrades take so long. Might not be the case at TH9, but the joke was about X-bows, and they take friggin forever! So a level 3 one costs 7 million, which is a ton...but it also takes 12 days to finish level 2, so raising that much over 12 days seems a lot less daunting, since if you're planning ahead for a 'big' one, you can do other cheaper/upgrades.

Anyway, I'm just rationalizing, since it must seem like I do nothing but play to have max loot, but it just barely eats up any real time during the day. The most significant effect is that I'll usually launch an attack when I'm being antsy where in the past I might have updated facebook or twitter...so now I'll usually just do those things once a day or less (I don't miss it, obviously!)

that's awesome. tell her that adding a couple golems (spread apart) at the beginning of every attack will make her life infinitely easier ; )

Also, I know you are joking and I'm not offended - but I've been surprised at TH7 and TH8 how little time/effort it takes to be constantly building with 5 builders. Maybe it's just my lifestyle (not everyone rides the bus for two hours a day), but it takes almost no effort for me to get in 8-10 attacks per day, which should yield a million or so of each resource. Add in 300k+ from collectors and some war treasure and that's almost always enough to stay ahead since the upgrades take so long. Might not be the case at TH9, but the joke was about X-bows, and they take friggin forever! So a level 3 one costs 7 million, which is a ton...but it also takes 12 days to finish level 2, so raising that much over 12 days seems a lot less daunting, since if you're planning ahead for a 'big' one, you can do other cheaper/upgrades.

Anyway, I'm just rationalizing, since it must seem like I do nothing but play to have max loot, but it just barely eats up any real time during the day. The most significant effect is that I'll usually launch an attack when I'm being antsy where in the past I might have updated facebook or twitter...so now I'll usually just do those things once a day or less (I don't miss it, obviously!)

I am totally joking. That's the cool thing about the game, it only takes a couple of minutes at a time to keep up to date. I wish I had more continuous time for extended raiding, but that's a small issue. I'm enjoying it, and I think our clan is awesome.

hmm note to self, transit riders are better at Clash of Clans.

:)

See? That's the case closing argument in cars vs transit: Clash of Clans better on transit. The end. Now we can FINALLY be done with the 28,983 pages of car vs transit argument. Whew. That's a relief.
  • Like 2

yeahhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

I am totally joking. That's the cool thing about the game, it only takes a couple of minutes at a time to keep up to date. I wish I had more continuous time for extended raiding, but that's a small issue. I'm enjoying it, and I think our clan is awesome.

Oh I know, I only 'answered' your joke because it's something I have thought about. It is a great design that you can keep up in seconds or get in a bunch of raids without committing to more than about 4 minutes at a time.

hmm note to self, transit riders are better at Clash of Clans.

:)

lmao, so true. If I can, I plan so I don't have any 'big' upgrades to do on the weekend, since I'll often just go shield to shield on a weekend while I know I'll have a couple hours every weekday!

was looking a little iffy for a bit there, but I think we have a really strong core in the Clan now. So long as the new people Sky and Talouis keep up with what they've been doing, we've got a few boots to make after this war and we'll have about 35 strong people. A lot of us still need to do some work getting good at non-dragon attacks, and some of our younger members with rushed TH8 bases are probably hurting us in war, but that is a good-size group of dedicated, attacking people. Hopefully we can add just a couple more to be able to keep up with 35v35 wars (seems like we got really strong opponents at 30v30) and maybe eventually work up to 40v40 (I bet the opponents get more varied and weaker as the wars get 'bigger').

Anyway, clan has been great lately. Yay! Amazing work by Chris : )

was looking a little iffy for a bit there, but I think we have a really strong core in the Clan now. So long as the new people Sky and Talouis keep up with what they've been doing, we've got a few boots to make after this war and we'll have about 35 strong people. A lot of us still need to do some work getting good at non-dragon attacks, and some of our younger members with rushed TH8 bases are probably hurting us in war, but that is a good-size group of dedicated, attacking people. Hopefully we can add just a couple more to be able to keep up with 35v35 wars (seems like we got really strong opponents at 30v30) and maybe eventually work up to 40v40 (I bet the opponents get more varied and weaker as the wars get 'bigger').

Anyway, clan has been great lately. Yay! Amazing work by Chris : )

My son and his friends have lost interest in Clash of Clans, so he isnt as active..Now its all about minecraft and Call of Duty..

I know I know, he is too young for Call of Duty, but all his friends are playing it. I still dont agree with letting him play, but its happened now and no turning back.

. A lot of us still need to do some work getting good at non-dragon attacks,

Dragon attacks is all I got man.

I have almost perfected my dragon strategy now. I took out #6 and #8 for 3 stars each in this war, and I've pretty much been getting 5-6 stars every war.

My son and his friends have lost interest in Clash of Clans, so he isnt as active..Now its all about minecraft and Call of Duty..

I know I know, he is too young for Call of Duty, but all his friends are playing it. I still dont agree with letting him play, but its happened now and no turning back.

Funny how different those games are. Too bad they lost interest, was fun having him and his friends as part of the group. I liked having a younger dynamic, and much prefer when it's people you 'know' instead of just strangers that act like 10-year olds but might not actually be...

Dragon attacks is all I got man.

I have almost perfected my dragon strategy now. I took out #6 and #8 for 3 stars each in this war, and I've pretty much been getting 5-6 stars every war.

Yeah, I feel the same way too - learned a lot of ways to improve these slightly. I thought #6 and #8 both needed pretty much perfect attacks this war, and you nailed them both.

I really wanted to start taking on some of the non-dragon bases - either TH8s that are perfectly organized for anti-dragon or the TH9s, but I really underestimated the base I 0-starred in this war. I do feel like there are some bases, like the #5 in this war, and the one I 3-starred last time, that a golem attack can get definitely 2 and maybe 3, whereas dragons are never getting more than 2, and maybe even 1. I just have to pick my targets better and keep learning from my attacks.

Unfortunately, I realized last night that many of the bases I would be 2-starring, I could probably also 2-star with just dragons, so I'm taking an unnecessary risk. I do feel like there is a base or two in most wars that makes sense to launch a golem attack on, since it has 3-star potential whereas even perfect dragons would only get 1-2, but I'm not going to 'push' to do those like I have been in the last few. I'm already itching to try to get my level 6 balloons in a few weeks to get some balloooooonion runs going!

I know I'm a broken record but...10 days and 1 hour until TH9 will be done! I've got my builders all spaced out, so I think I will have all 5 free on the day that it finishes. Going to build up my new stuff first mostly so I won't have anything fancy (other than the Archer Queen), but I'm excited! Should be able to have absolutely everything maxed for TH8 before then other than collectors and troops.

• Like 1

ok, bit of a weird question for you parents. Do you think your kids are cool? Not that being 'cool' is necessarily good or bad (in the grand scheme of things, I'm sure it is 'good' if you are the kid). Just wondering how objective parents are able to be about that? I know a lot of your kids are into sports, which would have made you at least a little cool where I grew up (but could've made you uncool in high school if you cared, but weren't that good).

So, cool or not cool?

p.s. feel free to not answer or lie if your kid reads these boards...

ok, bit of a weird question for you parents. Do you think your kids are cool? Not that being 'cool' is necessarily good or bad (in the grand scheme of things, I'm sure it is 'good' if you are the kid). Just wondering how objective parents are able to be about that? I know a lot of your kids are into sports, which would have made you at least a little cool where I grew up (but could've made you uncool in high school if you cared, but weren't that good).

So, cool or not cool?

p.s. feel free to not answer or lie if your kid reads these boards...

Good question..

I think Adrian is really cool..Mateo is still too young , but Adrian I would consider cool..

He is very popular at school and has a lot of friends. He also has a ton of hockey friends, and is well known in the Panthers hockey community...

Dubey makes a good point, what age does cool come into play?

I know a lot of the 16 year olds play hockey to impress the girls and even at the lower levels there are hockey groupies..

at what age does "cool" or "uncool" even become a thing?

I have no idea. But I bet if you asked kids of just about any age, they'd tell you which kids were cool and which weren't, even if they couldn't really explain why.

edit - by "any age" I don't mean Mateo or kids who are, like 5 years old (I don't know how old Mateo is)...

Also "cool" and "popular" meant very different things where I grew up, and "cool" was probably not a good thing from a parents perspective, but "popular" would be. Friends tell me though where they grew up, those two things were much more closely related.

Welp, I got everything aligned, so all 5 builders will be free when my TH9 finishes in ~4 days. Finishing my second dark barracks to lvl4, last air defence to lvl6, last archer tower to lvl10, last cannon to lvl10. Even my lab upgrade has 4 days left.

Hoping to fill up my storages today, then will take the weekend off. Will be pretty funny if I do get my storages full, since my collectors will fill up, and someone attacking me might be able to pick up 600k gold and elixir, and about 3000 dark elixir. As it is, my dark is full, so I put my collectors by my Town Hall, and people are basically able to pick up my town hall and 750 dark with 5 archers.

Haven't planned ahead for TH9, though I'll be starting with the lab, spell factory, archer queen, walls and getting my new storages up I suppose.

Raiding a bit at 1300+ trophies since I'm at TH9 now...and it sucks. How do you guys do this? Been through hundreds of bases today and maybe 2-3 good ones, the rest I've attacked are absolutely borderline to my normal standards. Being at TH9 is a part of the difference of course since the penalty is really showing up when I see TH6s and TH7s, but it is ugly even without that. Trying to give it a chance, but until I've got level 6 troops and start raiding with giants or whatever, I don't see it being worthwhile up here. Yuck.

Any of you guys regularly raid with barcher at 1400+? What is your baseline for what you are willing to attack? How many bases do you typically search through? I've been having to go through a solid 25-50 bases to find one I could even pull 100k/100k from.

Raiding a bit at 1300+ trophies since I'm at TH9 now...and it sucks. How do you guys do this? Been through hundreds of bases today and maybe 2-3 good ones, the rest I've attacked are absolutely borderline to my normal standards. Being at TH9 is a part of the difference of course since the penalty is really showing up when I see TH6s and TH7s, but it is ugly even without that. Trying to give it a chance, but until I've got level 6 troops and start raiding with giants or whatever, I don't see it being worthwhile up here. Yuck.

Any of you guys regularly raid with barcher at 1400+? What is your baseline for what you are willing to attack? How many bases do you typically search through? I've been having to go through a solid 25-50 bases to find one I could even pull 100k/100k from.

I think you need to go higher..Maybe 1700 plus

I think you need to go higher..Maybe 1700 plus

Maybe, but that just isn't going to happen. The only reason I have enough time to get as much raiding in as I do is because I can do it mindlessly. If I have to stress about putting together an appropriate raiding army, pay extra attention to carefully picking targets and planning attacks, I won't do it. Plus, I still kind of suck at attacking - would want to have level 6 troops before doing that! I may well work myself up there once my balloons are done, and then see if it makes sense to stay there, but in the meantime, I'm happier and better off raiding below my level...was just hoping I could be more in the 1300-1500 range before barcher stopped making sense.

I wouldn't be surprised actually if there was a big glut of 'good' bases among regular players in the 1200-1600 range, and then maybe you started finding more full collectors in the higher ranges. But way too much work to get up there for now - maybe in a few weeks.

Danny/Serge/Chris.

How are you guys finding the raiding at TH9?

I've kinda decided that I'm going to move up to TH9 before I have all my walls blacked out. I fell so far behind (like most people) on walls, that I just can't stomache grinding at TH8 and doing nothing but walls for like 2 months to get all caught up.

My plan is to get all my walls to lvl 7 (deep purple), then get all structures maxed out, plus all lab upgrades maxed, then make the move to TH9. So probably about a month away.

still need to get:

- about 40 more wall segments to lvl 7

-1 Tesla to lvl 6 (currently 2x lvl6 1x lvl5)

-3 archer towers to lvl 10 (currently lvl 9)

-2nd dark barracks to lvl 4 (if this doesn't happen I won't sweat it. it is currently upgrading to lvl 2)

-3rd elixer storage to lvl 11

-ballons and goblins to lvl 5 (both at 4)

-All spells to lvl 5 (only lightning is there currently)

-Pekka to lvl 3? (is this possible at TH8? he's currently upgrading to lvl 2 though I've never actually trained one)

-all big bombs to lvl 3

-all small bombs to lvl 5

-all skelly traps to whatever level they go to (both lvl 1 currently)

I figure that's about a month given my relaxed playing schedule/