Poker Mountain Players

Well, I finally got a little bit of money into PokerMountain. And I'd love to play over there... if anyone else was there! So I just wanted to encourage a few people to go put some money in there so some real money games get going. I just put in 50... but lets go already.

Poker Mountain has the same problem all new sites have: How to attract players who are new to poker (and can't play and lose money consistently but have enough money to keep buying in)? That's not done through deposit bonuses or freerolls, but through publicity. Until you see TV ads for Poker Mountain or Poker Mountain tournaments on ESPN don't expect to see a lot of good action. Players from other sites will simply come in, take the bonuses and freerolls, and when they see that they are up against other players who are good, they'll just cash out. This is something that many new poker sites fail to understand. The goal is not to sign up lots of players. The goal is to sign up lots of players who are willing to lose a few hundred dollars a month, month after month after month. That is not easy to do. It's not something that can be done with freerolls and sign-up bonuses.For a poker site to get popular and stay popular it needs constant infusions of new cash. Freerolls/sign-up bonuses don't provide that. Only bad players can provide that.

I'd sign up for Poker Mountain, just like I'd sign up for Poker Stars and Ultimate Bet, but for whatever reason those ****ers won't support Macintosh. Is it me, or are they missing out on a whole market??? For now I've got to play on Poker Room and Hollywood Poker, which are alright, but I'd love to have the choice to play elsewhere...

For a poker site to get popular and stay popular it needs constant infusions of new cash. Freerolls/sign-up bonuses don't provide that. Only bad players can provide that.
You mean to tell me, that all this time, they have been basing my Tourney entry fees AND the rakes at cash tables, on my level of play????
I'd sign up for Poker Mountain, just like I'd sign up for Poker Stars and Ultimate Bet, but for whatever reason those censored won't support Macintosh.  Is it me, or are they missing out on a whole market???  For now I've got to play on Poker Room and Hollywood Poker, which are alright, but I'd love to have the choice to play elsewhere...
I agree with you, they should definitely start working on mac based versions... but I do believe that some will work with virtual pc if you have it or can get it. Not sure though, since the only mac I use is my brothers and he doesn't have it.As for the first reply.. they do need to advertise, and Daniel said he was going to start marketing it soon, so hopefully it'll pick up before too long. I did see TJ Cloutier on there last night and lost a heads up match, so that was fun, lol.

Ann- I have to disagree with you on some things. Over the last 6 to 8 months I watched FUllTilt and Bodog poker go from nothing to respectable traffic. The traffic is nothing like Party, Stars, or UB but it's enough to play the limits you want to play and have fun playing some tournaments if you want. I've never seen a TV add for either.While I did not see any TV adds for Fulltilt they did a great job with publicity. One common thing both did before they went live was have freerolls to get people coming to the site to try it out. PM has not had any freerolls as far as I know. Personally I don't like freerolls but if I'm trying out a new site I'll play in one. If I win money I'll either deposit more or lose it all. So freerolls do add money into the site both directly and indirectly.

Over the last 6 to 8 months I watched FUllTilt and Bodog poker go from nothing to respectable traffic.
On FullTilt you've seen a bunch of players come over because of the crazeee sign-on bonus. On BoDog you've seen sports bettors playing poker. These are short-term start-up effects.Will they pull money out of their credit cards 6 months from now and continue doing so? That is the question.

sites are about keeping players. Win/lose doesn't matter. The main concern is customer support and making their customers happy. They do that with free rolls and rebuy bonuses.Realize if you win 50$ a week or hell, a month. That is 50$ another person is down. All those rakes are house. Free money.

Ann- It seems you totally discounted the impact of freerolls as a powerful promotion tool of a site. Obviously Deposit bonuses are another powerful tool. For a site to draw players they have to have freerolls, good deposit bonuses, and a good player base to at least insure you can get one or more games going per stake level. You ask if the players at FT or Bodog will be there in six months. I think you will always have turnover but I think both sites at this point are doing very well and yes they will probably both have more players in six months. Bodog for sure and with the star power of FT I don't see them going away.As for PM they would be lucky to be facing that question at this point because as of right now it seems they don't even have players to lose.I'd love for PM to have a lot of players because if that were the case I'd probably deposit there.

I just love the PM software! :D Really clean design & fast, even on my 28k dialup. Why don't you guys run the Negraenu Open @ PM? unless its to be seen by all of Stars traffic. That would make sense. I'd love to play, but I can't hold a connection @ stars to save my life :) I like the forum here too, found a few good reads already. cheers

I just love the PM software! :D Really clean design & fast, even on my 28k dialup. Why don't you guys run the Negraenu Open @ PM? unless its to be seen by all of Stars traffic. That would make sense. I'd love to play, but I can't hold a connection @ stars to save my life :) I like the forum here too, found a few good reads already. cheers
That's actually the plan, as soon as they get it up and going. Daniel told his guy about having it there, and it's in the works. Hopefully it gets going soon.
That's actually the plan, as soon as they get it up and going. Daniel told his guy about having it there, and it's in the works. Hopefully it gets going soon.
Chicken or the egg? The never ending question.It seems 'they' are more worried abouting keeping out unwanted people from the tounament then they are about actually having the tourney at a site endorsed by thier host.'They' have no problem using his name on the tourney though, because thats 'cool'.Gee, heres a novel idea for the thick minded that haven't yet noticed the subtle sarcasm...HAVE THE TOURNAMENT AT POKER MOUNTAIN AND MAYBE IT WILL HELP TO ESTABLISH THAT SITE.Frankly, if I where Daniel, I would tell you to either host it at a site I endorsed, or take my name off it.It's a matter of simple respect.
HAVE THE TOURNAMENT AT POKER MOUNTAIN AND MAYBE IT WILL HELP TO ESTABLISH THAT SITE.Frankly, if I where Daniel, I would tell you to either host it at a site I endorsed, or take my name off it.It's a matter of simple respect.
Careful....others have been banned for less. LOL!

Daniel has already expressed interest in moving the tournament to PM and becoming more involved with supporting it. I also remember Daniel saying in a post that Poker Mountain is matching 100% up to 500$, but I can't find any bonus code for it right now (According to his post in the 'Best Deposit Bonus' thread bonus code could be found on CardPlayer.com and it's not there anymore.)

When I signed up I didn't enter a bonus code, and it still shows that I have pending bonus.... So it may do it automatically.
I didn't get any bonus.