• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As opposed to all the other productive stuff that gets done around here? lol

He'd just give it up anyways.

Look at that undrafted too-short hockey player with an Olympic gold medal hanging around his neck!

I don't get that. I would think playing for your country would be more inspiring and a higher motivation than playing for your employer/NHL team, re:intensity.

And, lots of guys who get traded at the deadline still play with intensity once the playoffs start, right?

That is the ultimate question..I would love to see a poll of NHL players to answer that question..

I am pretty confident the answer would be Stanley Cup over Olympics and it probably would be overwhelming.

Arp, its not just playing for your employer over your country...Its trying to win the ultimate prize in hockey..Thats the Stanley Cup..

The intensity in the Womens game was so much more than what I noticed from these guys today....In womens hockey , this is the ultimate...

I don't get that. I would think playing for your country would be more inspiring and a higher motivation than playing for your employer/NHL team, re:intensity.

And, lots of guys who get traded at the deadline still play with intensity once the playoffs start, right?

They're not playing for their employer they're playing for their teammates and no way a team that is together for a couple weeks can be as close as players who have been together all season and probably for many seasons. The difference is probably minor but I'm pretty sure that it's there.

That is the ultimate question..I would love to see a poll of NHL players to answer that question..

I am pretty confident the answer would be Stanley Cup over Olympics and it probably would be overwhelming.

Arp, its not just playing for your employer over your country...Its trying to win the ultimate prize in hockey..Thats the Stanley Cup..

The intensity in the Womens game was so much more than what I noticed from these guys today....In womens hockey , this is the ultimate...

I would also vote Stanley Cup over the Olympics. I bleed Blue and White.

You know what, you're right. I don't doubt its a huge ratio of SC over gold medal.

It's really the prize that matters above all else.

These guys are professionals. They've played a lot of hockey to get where they are now and most of it didn't involve anyone on their Olympic team or their NHL team. They're trying to do their best against any opponent, in fact, I bet guys like Toews and Kane probably dig a little deeper if they can when they come up against each other in the game.

When I was a little kid playing hockey I never dreamed about winning an Olympic medal.

Down Goes Brown ‏@DownGoesBrown · 21m

Meanwhile, Subban sadly welcomes Patrick Kane and Phil Kessel to the “P.K.’s completely shut down by Team Canada” club.

Down Goes Brown ‏@DownGoesBrown · 21m

Meanwhile, Subban sadly welcomes Patrick Kane and Phil Kessel to the “P.K.’s completely shut down by Team Canada” club.

Kessel actually was one of the few that created chances...

If we are going to go there, did Sidney leave Sochi early? Is he playing..

I say scratch Sidney for Sunday..Play the Art Ross winner 20 minutes...Makes sense to play the guy who got the most points the most?

I say scratch Sidney for Sunday..Play the Art Ross winner 20 minutes...Makes sense to play the guy who got the most points the most?

I don't think Down Goes Brown is an FCP member.

The Crosby/Bergeron/Kunitz line was fantastic today.

Jason Blake was also very good at creating chances..Not trying to get confrontational, but at some point if they arent scoring, its on them...Finishing your chances is what separates stars from Swiss forwards.

Wayne Gretzky was just quoted as saying this is the greatest defensive corp he has ever seen assembled canada is winning because of their d and solid goaltending.

It was a joke at the fact that Subban didn't dress. It wasn't a shot at Kessel or Kane just that their initials are P. K.

Its amazing how the narrative/discussion changes so much with 1 goal, 1 ridiculous thing.

The Bergeron line was very good today. :)

They had plenty of screen time, but something seems off. They have the fumblynerfstick thing going on or something.

Only 3 forwards have more points than Crosby, but let's keep singling him out on a team that's 5-0 and in the gold medal game. Really productive stuff we're doing here.

As opposed to all the other productive stuff that gets done around here? lol

• Like 4

Ya, productive was the wrong word.

But I do agree with Zach, goals are generally fluky by nature in such a small sample size like this. And I think that line played very well....couple of lucky bounces, and they score 2 goals, and everyone is talking about how great they are.

Bergeron just seems to play great in international games.

Only 3 forwards have more points than Crosby, but let's keep singling him out on a team that's 5-0 and in the gold medal game. Really productive stuff we're doing here.

When you are proclaimed the greatest player in the world, it is justified to be able to take shots ...

Lot of the forwards have been non existent...We have been saying Canada is winning, in spite of this..Thats how amazing the defense is...

We have nothing else to talk about , its cool, its fun..

Gretzky and Lemieux used to elevate their games in International competition..Crosby not so much...

But he will score a fluky goal on Sunday and everyone will forget...