• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As opposed to all the other productive stuff that gets done around here? lol

He'd just give it up anyways.

Look at that undrafted too-short hockey player with an Olympic gold medal hanging around his neck!

Marek Zidlicky is tied for the lead on my team with 4 pts.

He was also my 10th round pick, the last player picked in the entire draft. No other 10th round pick has more than 2 points.

In fact, only 6 players in the entire tournament have more than 4 points.

Lucky Zach.

Your last 4 picks have 10 pts. My last 4 have 12. If we could somehow come up with a draft and then toss the top 5 picks from each team, we'd be killing it.

For the record, anyone could pick a superstar that doesn't show up. Picking late rounders that produce is how you win. Unless you have all your top picks out w/ injury. Kay, done whining....

Jason Brough ‏@JasonPHT · 33m

Look, say what you will about Coach Bil, but anytime you have a Vezina Trophy-winning goalie who just got a shutout, you have to rest him.

I don't know if this is too simplistic or even accurate, but it seems to me the difference between Soviet hockey and Russian hockey is rather large.

Soviets would play 5man units and work as a team, the Russians play like they barely know they have teammates on the ice.

NHL > khl

not necessarily..The Finns employed a lot of KHLers that helped them..

As Arp said the Russians dont play as a team...Lots of pressure to be the superstar hero at home..

That's 3 straight tournaments without a medal for the Russians.

They haven't won a best on best tournament since 1981.

Finland's greatest strength was playing like a team, unlike the Russians, as many of you have pointed out. I only saw the 3rd period of this game today, but Russia looked awful.

I've watched a ton of the games. Except Sweden. Times have been off.

They seem to be not really tested yet. Finland vs Sweden is going to be a great game.

That's 3 straight tournaments without a medal for the Russians.

They haven't won a best on best tournament since 1981.

Finland's greatest strength was playing like a team, unlike the Russians, as many of you have pointed out. I only saw the 3rd period of this game today, but Russia looked awful.

Other than the power play Russians were brutal. Not sure where they go from here.

Malkin and Ovechkin were non existent most of tourney. Datsyuk and Radulov carried the team. Kovy is also an individual.

The story here is Finns without Saku and mikko koivu. Filpulla and Barkov shut down the Russians.

??

They weren't playing today. Filpulla has been out all tournament, Barkov only played like the first game.

Yes without,

Lol