The Dutch And Friends Chat Corner!

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I see tilt is working on ruining another thread.

Those movies have a setting. That setting is men. If you are a women (or a "sensitive" man), you can come into the room. But don't for a second think you are going to touch the thermostat. I'm setting

Balling out on cat food doesn't make me a baller. Being a baller makes me ball out on cat food.

If it bothers you so much to see me shine, why don't you go sit back on your Ikea couch, min-bet on whatever sub-.500 football team you like, watch them make you $8.05 on your non-4K TV, and try not to think about the way people like me and my cats live.

Sensitive much?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I own wingtips that I purchased in LA from El Pachuco (a zoot suit store) at the height of neo-swing. (I also got two zoot suits w/ fedoras.) I still wear them every now and then on fancy occasions.

Also, I feed my cats Science Diet Light. Switching them off of Science Diet resulted in a couple cases of puking, weight gain, and a round of constipation (one of them kept leaving little bloody butt marks on things).

FIRST!

Wingtips can be a classy shoe if done properly

Dutch?

I agree. I think it requires a nice pair and generally nice, well-sized clothing, though. They were my go-to for a couple of years, but if am kind of sick of them, now.

• 5 weeks later...

Let's talk about boots for a minute.

A clear cut best somewhat dressy boot has emerged for me: http://www.whitesboots.com/index.php?dispatch=categories.view&category_id=446

Around $500, custom made, 3-4 weeks, supposed to last forever, best looking and best feeling boot I've ever owned.

explain when and where I am supposed to wear boots

Boots like these? When it's cold out, when it's wet out, when you just want to change up your shoe game.

Also If I'm walking around a lot and don't think running shoes would make the right impression, I find something like this more comfortable than oxfords.

Then there is the hiking/hunting/work boot angle. I like boots more than shoes.

• Like 1

A clear cut best somewhat dressy boot has emerged for me: http://www.whitesboo...category_id=446

Around $500, custom made, 3-4 weeks, supposed to last forever, best looking and best feeling boot I've ever owned.

I would be the king of the refinery in those boots!!

I didn't really get the boot thing either, tbh. It took me a long time. I got into the outdoors, and McGee always pimps Danners so hard that I bought some to go hiking. I really liked the quality, but didn't want to stamp around in them in urban areas. That was kind of how I ended up buying these, and they blow everything else away. AE dress boots are nice, but I'll probably never wear them again,

A clear cut best somewhat dressy boot has emerged for me: http://www.whitesboo...category_id=446

I was in Spokane, WA (the home of Whites boots) for 11 years and visited their shop many times. They make a boot that is everything you said and more. Best boots out there, bar none.

If you'll be hunting in very cold weather and/or want a great boot for snowy/wet conditions, these cannot be beat. http://www.whitesboo...roduct_id=29780 I have spent lots of time sitting in one place with my feet in snow and have never had cold feet while wearing these.

Oh, and they will rebuild your boots if and when they start to show wear and tear. Just a great outfit.

• Like 1

I was in Spokane, WA (the home of Whites boots) for 11 years and visited their shop many times. They make a boot that is everything you said and more. Best boots out there, bar none.

If you'll be hunting in very cold weather and/or want a great boot for snowy/wet conditions, these cannot be beat. http://www.whitesboo...roduct_id=29780 I have spent lots of time sitting in one place with my feet in snow and have never had cold feet while wearing these.

Oh, and they will rebuild your boots if and when they start to show wear and tear. Just a great outfit.

Word. I have two pair of Danners that I adore for actual outdoors stuff, but I'm probably going to get a pair of Whites work boots or something, just as an everyday, outdoor boot. I don't know how much difference there is in actual quality, but custom made is a big deal.

They look like they have an elevator sole.

You can have basically any sole you want. I went leather, personally. Google also gives a better idea what they look like:

DSC_3407.jpg