Off Topic, Kinda.....

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some lighthearted talk here plus this will make sure that I can read this again sometime as it's a good story, at least for me. If it wasnt for posting all those apartment stories I would forget almos

I debated posting this, because I might be overdoing this topic this week, but I made a sort of personal promise to myself that I am going to promote more positivity and try to never be negative or pu

Danny.... Thats a great attitude to have, and you will be amazed at the progress Owen can make with that kind of attitude and persistence on your part. On Feb 4, 2003, the diagnosis I got was that

Anyone watch "This is Us"?

Wife told me it was great, so I pvr'ed it, and I recalled the commercials, thought they seemed pretty powerful. Maybe watch tonight.

But ya, overall agree with Steve, network tv bores me, nothing really to watch. I wait for my son to get interested in shows, and watch them with him to spend quality time, or else very little piques my interest.

HBO/AMC does pretty ok with me though.

btw, anyone else really miss Sopranos? A few buddies of mine were over the other day, one guy said you have to watch this Youtube collection of Paulie quotes, and we could not stop laughing. So many shows like that that were soooo good, nothing really great like that anymore for me.

Anyone watch "This is Us"?

Wife told me it was great, so I pvr'ed it, and I recalled the commercials, thought they seemed pretty powerful. Maybe watch tonight.

But ya, overall agree with Steve, network tv bores me, nothing really to watch. I wait for my son to get interested in shows, and watch them with him to spend quality time, or else very little piques my interest.

HBO/AMC does pretty ok with me though.

btw, anyone else really miss Sopranos? A few buddies of mine were over the other day, one guy said you have to watch this Youtube collection of Paulie quotes, and we could not stop laughing. So many shows like that that were soooo good, nothing really great like that anymore for me.

Sopranos has to be the greatest show in history for me.

I miss Sopranos.

Game of Thrones is probably the only thing currently on TV that would come close to Sopranos and The Wire for a place in my all time favourite dramas.

There are still lots of good shows on TV right now, just not on the major networks:

GoT

Mr. Robot

You're the worst

Curb you Enthusiasm

Louie

Stranger Things

are/were all great

Buddy of mine were discussing this the other day..When we were growing up in the 80s , then the 90s there were cant miss watching shows..Without streaming and PVRs we would have to schedule our lives to make sure we were home and wouldnt miss shows..

VCRs came along but even then there were so MANY shows that we both recited that we watched religiously..Right not I cant name on one hand a show that I MUST watch every week...Some good shows on HBO and Netflix and Showtime but its so different now.

Buddy of mine were discussing this the other day..When we were growing up in the 80s , then the 90s there were cant miss watching shows..Without streaming and PVRs we would have to schedule our lives to make sure we were home and wouldnt miss shows..

VCRs came along but even then there were so MANY shows that we both recited that we watched religiously..Right not I cant name on one hand a show that I MUST watch every week...Some good shows on HBO and Netflix and Showtime but its so different now.

I think TV quality has actually gone WAY up since the 80s and 90s. The difference is, there are just way more shows to watch now, so there isn't really that cultural experience of sharing a show with everyone you know. There's just so many options, and no shows like Friends that everyone watches every week.

I though the trailer for "this is us" looked really bad. Looked overly melodramatic. Like Parenthood on steroids.

I like melodramatic! :)

or, sometimes I do. I def. used to at least.

btw, I thought You're the Worst was great in season 1, but kind of lost me in season 2.

I like melodramatic! :)

or, sometimes I do. I def. used to at least.

btw, I thought You're the Worst was great in season 1, but kind of lost me in season 2.

I've only watched 7 or 8 episodes of season 2 so far but I still like it a lot.

I think TV quality has actually gone WAY up since the 80s and 90s. The difference is, there are just way more shows to watch now, so there isn't really that cultural experience of sharing a show with everyone you know. There's just so many options, and no shows like Friends that everyone watches every week.

Cheers+Seinfeld are not even close to being touched these days IMO.

Seinfeld especially I would put up against anything on today. In a time when you couldnt shock people like they did on Sopranos or they do today on Walking Dead/GoThrones, Seinfeld was top notch entertainment.

I love Seinfeld. Only thing on TV today that compares(though it's currently on hiatus I believe) is Curb your Enthusiasm. For quality, Louie is also up there, but it doesn't have the laugh out loud funny aspect of Seinfeld.

Cheers+Seinfeld are not even close to being touched these days IMO.

Seinfeld especially I would put up against anything on today. In a time when you couldnt shock people like they did on Sopranos or they do today on Walking Dead/GoThrones, Seinfeld was top notch entertainment.

So many of those shows...

Maybe I liked cheesy tv, but some of the stuff I grew up on that I would never miss

Seinfeld

Friends

Cheers

Cosby Show

The Jeffersons

Happy Days

Mork and Mindy

Family Ties

Married with Children

Facts of Life

Different Strokes

Wonder Years

Roseanne

Growing Pains..

Just some off the top of my head..I would never miss a show..Maybe I was a kid and had nothing better to do at night

Then Beverly Hills 90210 , Melrose Place..

GOing back a bit I would never miss an episode of Dynasty or the Colbys..

I used to watch so much TV in those days before wives, responsibilites, kids and hockey practices..

WKRP was so much better than Seinfeld

Do you really believe this?

Because I would put WKRP in probably my top 5 sitcoms of all time, I loved it. I just put "prime years" Seinfeld ahead of WKRP. Probably even Cheers too.

The Turkeys clip I probably watch once every 3 years, because, well, its just one of the most funniest episodes of TV I have ever watched.

Do you really believe this?

Because I would put WKRP in probably my top 5 sitcoms of all time, I loved it. I just put "prime years" Seinfeld ahead of WKRP. Probably even Cheers too.

The Turkeys clip I probably watch once every 3 years, because, well, its just one of the most funniest episodes of TV I have ever watched.

I believe this because I am probnly the only person who has never watched an episode of Seinfeld

Me and you might have something in common Wayne..

I think I am the only person in my circle of friends or in general population that hasnt seen an episode of Game of Thrones..

I tried starting it one night, I was really tired and fell asleep..

Its on my things to do list.