Yes they are but depositing is difficult at best and withdrawing even worse and everyone knows what a big risk they're taking to have money on any of these sites. MTTs on Merge are not for the faint of heart as they are over filled with really good aggressive regs. Even the micro cash games are pretty tough. The guarantees on the MTTs are so low it's hard even for a good reg to break even some months. So while these sites still accept U.S. players many people aren't comfortable with it.

I've played on Merge since BF and I can tell you it has been anything but easy and I've come close to giving it up more than once.

Yeah Merge, which is made up of various skins such as Carbon, RPM, Blackchip etc. and Revolution which is Lock, Intertops and some others, I highly recommend Intertops on that network, depositing is easy with a VISA debit and their cashouts are the best around. If you're a cash player True or America's Cardroom is probably your best bet but they aren't so good for MTTs except for the nightly $10K and Sunday $50K which are great. Then there is Bovada which I can't stand.

You're taking a risk of course so don't put money on you can't afford to lose. Competition is tough on Merge and Revolution but softer on True/ACR and Bovada.

Nothing to be scared about we all have a little gamble in us or we wouldn't be playing poker. As a player you're doing nothing illegal so other than risking a little money, which is what gambling is all about anyway, right, there is nothing to fear.

I enjoy playing online, even now in this ridiculously tough environment. While I wish Black Friday had never happened I wouldn't be nearly as good of a player as I've become had I still been able to continue playing on Stars. The tougher fields and smaller payouts have made me work on my game much harder than I would have otherwise.

Of course the most frustrating part of playing online now is the difficulty in getting money you win off the site. It's expensive and a major ordeal but it's worth it to me.

If I lived closer to live play I would play more live but I actually prefer playing online.