I Have No Opinion On Contracts Thread 2011 Edition Part A

So... I decided to test the waters for the #2 pick, because I'm pretty sure I won't be getting my guy at #4... Anyways, this was Mike's offer to me:"Skinner, Sbisa, and Gudbranson plus the 4th something you could consider?"And my rebuttal:"are you drunk?"I quickly withdrew from the bidding. Skinner isn't worth the #2 pick alone.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So... I decided to test the waters for the #2 pick, because I'm pretty sure I won't be getting my guy at #4... Anyways, this was Mike's offer to me:"Skinner, Sbisa, and Gudbranson plus the 4th something you could consider?"And my rebuttal:"are you drunk?"I quickly withdrew from the bidding. Skinner isn't worth the #2 pick alone.
Really drunk!

He did end up getting a nice package for the pick, but yeah, that is pretty ludicrous.Zach, if your guy goes next (assuming it wasn't Landeskog?), we can talk about a deal for #4 if you want.

this was the trade:From Mike - 2nd overallFrom Rich - 13th overall, 21st overall, Andrew Cogliano, Martin Hanzal, Calvin DeHaan, and Victor Hedman.

He did end up getting a nice package for the pick, but yeah, that is pretty ludicrous.Zach, if your guy goes next (assuming it wasn't Landeskog?), we can talk about a deal for #4 if you want.
I'm definitely going to lose my guy to Jeff. I think he's taking him out of spite. However, I have a back-up that I like about 1% less than "my guy", so I'm not moving him. I didn't have Landeskog in my top 4, tbh.

Mike's wish list from me for the #2 overall:Your two firsts (#7 overall and #14 overall), Stoa, Omark, Kindl and Jovanovski . . . .I respectfully withdrew from consideration.

Huberdeau goes 3rd to Strategy, and I get my guy Strome at #4.
One more pick for the top five to ultimately shake out exactly as I thought it would.
I don't see any way #5 isn't who we all think it'll be, but I guess there could be a couple different factor at play in Duane's mind.
Well, I know who I'd pick and it's the same guy you'd pick, but who knows...the #5 overall pick is always a weird one in our drafts.

I was out cold by 9pm too, was hoping to wake up and find that it was my turn to pick but oh well. Duane's 12 hours have to be up pretty soon, right?

Yeah, but I'm going to be really patient in the first round here. He hasn't logged into the forums for almost 4 days. I'm gonna fire off a text in a little bit, when the time is more reasonable.

Alright, Duane will be picking at #5 shortly. Rich and Adam to follow. I'm completely lost after the top 5 though. Where does Larsson fall to? In what order do the 2nd tier forwards go? And so on.

I was just really tired at 9pm last night so I went to bed. I live alone, so no kids needing to be entertained and taken care of, I just crash when I crash and get up when I get up.

Sean Couturier to the Injured Reserve rounds out the Top 5 picks exactly as I thought they'd go (not necessarily the order, but the players selected). 1 - RNH to the Whalers2 - Gabriel Landeskog to the Wheat Ales3 - Huberdeau to the Reserves4 - Strome to the Limidonks5 - Couturier to the IR

Sean Couturier to the Injured Reserve rounds out the Top 5 picks exactly as I thought they'd go (not necessarily the order, but the players selected). 1 - RNH to the Whalers2 - Gabriel Landeskog to the Wheat Ales3 - Huberdeau to the Reserves4 - Strome to the Limidonks5 - Couturier to the IR
I have a feeling you're after RM.

Zach, I figured Strome was the guy you wanted. He was also the guy I had my eye on when I made the offer for your pick.6 and 7 went off the board quickly.6. Mika Zibanajed - Rich7. Sven Bartschi - Adam