Pokerstars And Deposits (pnc)

Just wondering if anyone here uses PNC bank and has made a deposit into Pokerstars.I have been with National City Bank forever and they got bought out by PNC. I have made deposits in the past with National City, but PNC is rejecting them. I contacted PNC and got this in return...

I understand you concerns, regarding using your check card for an onlinegambling company outside the U.S.. However, In accordance with thepolicy of the U.S. Justice Department, PNC declines the use of any PNCBank Check Card for offshore online/Internet gambling transactions.Websites that are outside of the United States are considered to beoffshore. We appreciate their business and apologize for anyinconvenience this policy may have caused. Please let us know if youhave any additional questions.
I guess my question is, Is there anyway around this or to fight it? Can I argue the fact that its not Gambling? If anyone has any information, it would be great. My only other option is Western Union which charges outrages fees.
Just wondering if anyone here uses PNC bank and has made a deposit into Pokerstars.I have been with National City Bank forever and they got bought out by PNC. I have made deposits in the past with National City, but PNC is rejecting them. I contacted PNC and got this in return...I guess my question is, Is there anyway around this or to fight it? Can I argue the fact that its not Gambling? If anyone has any information, it would be great. My only other option is Western Union which charges outrages fees.
I wouldn't try and fight your bank just drop it with them. If they think that you're using your account for online gaming transactions they could decide to close the account down.Contact Poker Stars support about the best way for you to make a deposit since they know what is and isn't working.

Apparently Florida shut down E-checks as well. All transactions since the middle of last December were cancelled. Lets just say, I will NOT be playing online for a while.

Wow no e-checks, damn! I wonder if Georgia is affected by this too. I also wonder if it will affect withdrawls to e-checks. THIS JUST SUCKS!!! Maybe you can send someone in Canada money and let them transfer to you. Or have you tried loading an all access Visa card to use?

E-checks bounced here in NY as well.Anyone on the forum here in the States ever successful with a Western Union deposit?It looks like it's either that or a international money order for me.

E-checks bounced here in NY as well.Anyone on the forum here in the States ever successful with a Western Union deposit?It looks like it's either that or a international money order for me.
A friend of mine uses them for ps. Never has a problem
  • 2 weeks later...