2011 All Star Game

While at first I thought the concept was a little "hokey", its growing on me..I think its possible that the selection show will be more interesting for me than the game..There is a lot of interesting things that can happen.Who will be the captains?Will Crosby pick Ovechkin or vice versa? Will the Sedins split up?Talk yesterday on the Hot Stove was the uncertainty of Sidney Crosby's injury. The league needs to decide soon on the captains and if Sid cant go they need to see the direction they will go.Also talk of Henrik Zetterberg quietly told the NHL not to select him, after they suspended him last time.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty big story developing if there is any truth to it..Sidney Crosby is rumoured to be boycotting the All Star game to protest the head shot policy of the NHL..VERY INTERESTING..http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_d...?urn=nhl-308838
I applaud him for that stand (if he had actually made it publicly). The lack of protection for the players by the NHL is a complete joke.Was going to comment on Cooke v Savard but the article took care of it :club:"And welcome to another round of criticism of Crosby for being less aggressive in his stance against headshots (though not silent, as is often stated) when it was Matt Cooke(notes) knocking out Marc Savard(notes) than when he's the victim."
I applaud him for that stand (if he had actually made it publicly). The lack of protection for the players by the NHL is a complete joke.Was going to comment on Cooke v Savard but the article took care of it :club:"And welcome to another round of criticism of Crosby for being less aggressive in his stance against headshots (though not silent, as is often stated) when it was Matt Cooke(notes) knocking out Marc Savard(notes) than when he's the victim."
Crosby's comments after the above-mentioned hit on Savard:"At some point there’s got to be a clear indication from the league because we’ve seen this so many times now,” Penguins captain Sidney Crosby said. “You don’t like to see anyone, their own teammate or an opposing player, lay on the ice like that. That was scary.”
The All-Star Captains will be Nik Lidstrom and Eric Staal. Great choices!
Perfect choices.
Great choices for hockey fans, but are they good choices to draw new fans into the game? And isn't that the point of the all-star game?
Pretty big story developing if there is any truth to it..Sidney Crosby is rumoured to be boycotting the All Star game to protest the head shot policy of the NHL..VERY INTERESTING..http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_d...?urn=nhl-308838
In case you missed all of the follow-up Tweets and articles, this story was 100% fabricated. Brisson, his agent, was the only person even quoted in the thing, and he's come out and said that he hasn't even spoken with Sid about the All-Star Game. Sure Sid is upset with headshots, as are a ton of NHL players, but the rest of this story is completely bull shit.
Crosby's comments after the above-mentioned hit on Savard:"At some point there’s got to be a clear indication from the league because we’ve seen this so many times now,” Penguins captain Sidney Crosby said. “You don’t like to see anyone, their own teammate or an opposing player, lay on the ice like that. That was scary.”
Not only that, but he also had a public comment against head shots when Richards knocked out Booth.Professional journalists, of all people, need to get their facts straight. This is just a desperate attempt to create hits for their site.
The All-Star Captains will be Nik Lidstrom and Eric Staal. Great choices!
I like it. I called it when the format was announced, but in reality, I had just read a Puck Daddy article and agreed with his choices.
I like it. I called it when the format was announced, but in reality, I had just read a Puck Daddy article and agreed with his choices.
The only thing I would have liked better would be Team Henrik vs Team Daniel...but still, I think Lidstrom needs to be the captain of one of the teams, it's the right thing.

I am very happy with the choice of captains. Good decision by the NHL. Like I said earlier I looking forward to the selections show more than the game.Re the Crosby thing. Obviously the writer is saying his opinion, however I dont think its that far fetched. I was actually hoping it was true, and not for the reason you guys think. Would love to see Crosby try and stick it to the NHL one time, even though I dont agree with him here.

He portrayed it as FACT! Only 14 hours later, after it had been shot down by EVERYONE did he decide to announce it was just his opinion.What a spineless piece of shit. My Tweets to him were far too respectful.

He portrayed it as FACT! Only 14 hours later, after it had been shot down by EVERYONE did he decide to announce it was just his opinion.What a spineless piece of shit. My Tweets to him were far too respectful.
Why does this bother you so much?
When is the selection show being broadcast?
After the 42 NHL All-Stars have been selected, two captains will be chosen per team by the players.On Friday, January 28, 2011 at 8:00PM, the NHL All-Star Fantasy Draft powered by Cisco will be held at Fan Fair during which the captains will draft their teams from the remaining 52 All-Stars.First selection in the draft will be determined by coin flip and selections will continue on an alternating basis.Each team will be required to select three goalies, six defensemen and 12 forwards in any order they choose.After the selection of the All-Star game rosters, the captains will select among the 12 rookies to fill out the rosters for the Honda NHL SuperSkills.Each team will feature six rookies participating in various skills competitions.Teams will participate in six different skills, including Bridgestone NHL Fastest Skater, BlackBerry NHL Breakaway Challenge, McDonald’s NHL Accuracy Shooting, G-Series NHL Challenge Relay, XM NHL Hardest shot and the Discover NHL Elimination Shootout.
All-Star game is in Raleigh...
So Carolina hockey fans will already be watching the game? I'm not saying the captains are poor choices just that it doesn't fit with the point of the game.Why did it have to be players picking the teams?
So Carolina hockey fans will already be watching the game? I'm not saying the captains are poor choices just that it doesn't fit with the point of the game.Why did it have to be players picking the teams?
The Captains were chosen by the players.
For the drama -- and hopefully the players will have more care factor about winning the game and if the divisions are arbitrary.

The following items are prohibited at RBC Center: Bottles, Cans, Coolers, Liquid Containers, Alcoholic or Non-Alcoholic Beverages, Food, Fireworks, Illegal Substances, Chains, Studded Bracelets & Belts, Weapons of any kind, including firearms, Backpacks, Oversized bags, Laser Pointers, Aerosol Cans, Noise-making devices (i.e. horns, whistles, air horns, cymbals, bugles, etc.), Video & Audio Recording Devices, Camera bags, Cameras, Animals (with the exception of service animals