Blindsides get:

2016 1st round pick

Timo Meier (FARM) $2

Noah Hanifin (FARM) $2

Ryan Pulock (FARM) $2

Mike Fisher, $1.50

$3.00 in 2018/19

$3.00 in 2019/20

I inquired about Pac and Carlson over a week ago. Ollie got busy so I reminded him yesterday and he came back with this offer. I tried to tweak it a little (a lot actually) and Ollie wasn't budging. I couldn't let it slip away though so we locked it down this morning. Max Pac and Carlson are absolute studs and to get them so cost controlled for 3 years is a GM's dream.

• Like 1
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Words getting around. Had this convo this morning.  

The Hurricanes Are Back!! The staff has been working the phones hard over the last few days and have been able to swing 2 major deals.   1st deal   Hurricanes get:   Brent Burns, D $5/$5/$5 D

2nd deal   Hurricanes get:   Max Pacioretty, $2.00/$2.25/$2.50 John Carlson, $0.75/$0.75/$0.75 salaries covered this year $3.00 in 2016/17   Blindsides get: 2016 1st round pick Timo Meier (

Posted Images

Hurricanes Active Roster

Patrick Kane - Chicago

Nicklas Backstrom - Washington

Vladimir Tarasenko - St. Louis

Tyler Johnson - Tampa Bay

Ondrej Palat - Tampa Bay

Max Pacioretty - Montreal

David Desharnais - Montreal

Nail Yakupov - Edmonton

Nazem Kadri - Toronto

Brandon Sutter - Vancouver

Peter Holland - Toronto

Teemu Pulkkinen - Detroit

Tommy Wingels - San Jose

Jimmy Hayes - Boston

Nikolai Kulemin - NY Islanders

Brent Burns - San Jose

Torey Krug - Boston

John Carlson - Washington

Drew Doughty - Los Angeles

David Savard - Columbus

Ryan Ellis - Nashville

Dan Hamhuis - Vancouver

Ben Hutton - Vancouver

TJ Brodie - Calgary

Kevin Klein - NY Rangers

Thomas Hickey - NY Islanders

Pittsburgh Penguins

Vancouver Canucks

The bolded players are signed through the 2017/18 season for a total of $32 which will allow me to spend approx. $40 at auction for 4 players each year.

Still left on the FARM

Robby Fabbri - St. Louis

Michael Dal Colle - NY Islanders

Kerby Rychel - Columbus

Jakub Vrana - Washington

Tobias Reider - Arizona

Connor Brown - Toronto

Shea Theodore - Anaheim

to name a few

• 4 months later...

In some real FCHL news, the Newmarket Hurricanes have made it back to the championship finals series for the 5th time.

Desharnais is back (useless), Jannik Hansen is back (adequate), John Carlson is back any day (boom shakalaka). This series is what I sacrificed a ton of future for back in October. I had a plan. San Jose plays a bat shit ton, so I needed to get Burns. Got him. Mike traded Thornton away to Ollie (!!) I needed to get him. Got him. I had goalies fully covered for the last two rounds with Pittsburgh and Vancouver. Most would have rested on their laurels knowing they were set between the pipes. Nope...I hit the books and found a better tandem with Washington over Vancouver, so I traded a 2nd rounder away and secured Holtby for 3 years.

I had a 6 point lead for the presidents trophy around Xmas and then ran into an insane stretch of no goalie games which ultimately cost me 1st overall. I stayed true to the plan and didn't panic, making absolutely no moves at the deadline, because I knew this was a team built to do their damage in the playoffs. Now we're 4 wins away from wearing the jersey for a 3rd time, and we're about to send out our best lineups of the playoffs. The Crop Dusters are a formidable opponent, with a great back story, and a squad capable of winning it all. But I'm sorry Cinderella. The clock has struck midnight.

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...

The FCHL had our auction last night. Your Newmarket Hurricanes went into the auction needing 6 skaters and 1 set of goalies and had a total of $43.00 to spend. That may sound like a lot of money, but it actually had us sitting 5th out of 15 owners in available money.

We started planning our attack 2 weeks ago and devised a list of potential candidates who had one goal in mind. Winning a championship. We met with all of the free agents during freeze week and filtered out who was in it for individual gain, and who really wanted to go to war for the other 27 in the locker room. Patrick Kane wasn't pleased with the playing time we gave him during last year's playoffs and wouldn't even meet with us. Tyler Seguin talked a big game and badly wanted to be here, but he wouldn't buy into our Arp - small ball style we were hoping for. Plus it was his first time hitting the free agent market and he wanted to get paid. With his absolutely atrocious playoff schedule, we politely told him no thanks. Ovechkin, Malkin, and Stamkos wanted to make a big 3 super team, but there's no way we, or anyone for that matter, could really afford to. Malkin and Stamkos did eventually sign together on a New York based team, but Ovechkin did not join them.

We wound up sticking true to our plan, and landed the following 6 weapons to be used at our disposal...

Daniel Sedin - $7.50

Brad Marchand - $7.50

Anze Kopitar - $11.25

Jaromir Jagr - $3.00

Henrik Sedin - $4.50

Wayne Simmonds - $6.25

We also secured the best goalie set from last season for $0.75 in the Anaheim Ducks, to go along with the 2nd best goalies from last season in the Washington Capitals. This leaves us with 2 non goalie nights in the playoffs which goes against our usual MO, but thanks to a new method of scouting that we did this year, this should not be a problem.

• 2 weeks later...

On a scale of 1-10 how do you rate tonight's forward lineup?

Ondrej Palat

Tobias Reider

Jannik Hansen

Tommy Wingels

Jimmy Hayes

Nail Yakupov

I would say a 10 on the rebuilding year scale.

I would say a 10 on the rebuilding year scale.

Palat and Reider can put up points now and then. Yakupov and Hansen can too if the stars are aligned. Hayes and Wingels should be cut but unfortunately I don't have Danny in the league anymore to trade them to.

That's actually my C lineup for tonight. I have 18 forwards and they're actually all playing so I thought it'd be fun to see how many points these guys can put up. Kind of like how World Cup organizers envisioned Team Europe.

• Like 1

For tonight

Team USA

Ondrej Palat

Tobias Reider

Tommy Wingels

Jimmy Hayes

Nail Yakupov

Jannik Hansen

Team Europe

Wayne Simmonds

Henrik Sedin