Survivor Nicaragua - Fantasy Pool

Hey guys - I'm just working out the final numbers on who still owes and then ship out the winnings shortly.
I'm not sure about anyone's financial situation, but isn't it kind of annoying when it takes people months to send you $20? Maybe have a deadline to send the buy-in for next season.
  • Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll do whatever to help people shipping between ftp and stars if needed. Tanner, the problem with making a deposit on a site for a survivor/bigbrother/sports/amazing race pool is that some people aren't into online poker anymore but still want to participate in the forum. Cool yes? If they make a deposit on stars or ftp, they have to wait for a week or something before they can transfer the funds and if they win monies they have to play and contribute rake before they can cash out. just sayinObviously DNA was freerolling this thing since he's a MOOCH and didn't want to pay! psych...chick-ah-chick-kaw

I think we should reserve $40 out of the prize pool next season for the survivors people's favorite award.
I don't, because it's almost always the winner or one of the last people, which just means that the people already winning money are winning more money.
I don't, because it's almost always the winner or one of the last people, which just means that the people already winning money are winning more money.
what if we make it our favorite player? Everyone votes but can't vote for their own player.

All I have to say to whoever thought Sash should win, you're wrong. Sure the game is about outplaying and outlasting but Sash straight up lied to everyone's face and kept trying to save himself by lying consistently rather than just staying with his word. When you do that to a lot of people it's not going to bode well for you. Chase was an idiot and Fabio played it cool and no one hated him. He deserved to win out of the three and I still don't understand why Chase even got four votes. He was pathetic.

you're wrong.
no youI just don't think Fabio did anything other than win challenges. He says his strategy was to lay back and be nice to everyone. Is that really a strategy? Or is that a strategy not to strategize and just pray to win immunity? Again I'm ok with Fabio winning, but to say he deserved it over... anyone.. is kind of ridiculous to me.Sash did make some major mistakes, but I don't agree that Fabio deserved it more than him. Fabio just got extremely lucky to win so many challenges because he would have been voted out each of those last 3 times.
All I have to say to whoever thought Sash should win, you're wrong. Sure the game is about outplaying and outlasting but Sash straight up lied to everyone's face and kept trying to save himself by lying consistently rather than just staying with his word. When you do that to a lot of people it's not going to bode well for you. Chase was an idiot and Fabio played it cool and no one hated him. He deserved to win out of the three and I still don't understand why Chase even got four votes. He was pathetic.
no youI just don't think Fabio did anything other than win challenges. He says his strategy was to lay back and be nice to everyone. Is that really a strategy? Or is that a strategy not to strategize and just pray to win immunity? Again I'm ok with Fabio winning, but to say he deserved it over... anyone.. is kind of ridiculous to me.Sash did make some major mistakes, but I don't agree that Fabio deserved it more than him. Fabio just got extremely lucky to win so many challenges because he would have been voted out each of those last 3 times.
I see both sides of this argument, but I think Fabio was a deserving winner. To me personally, I look at the final vote based on 3 components: social (making friends and more importantly not making enemies), competitions, and strategy. Of the 3 finalists, I would give Sash the clear edge on strategy, but Fabio gets the nod on both social and competition (especially near the end). So I guess you could say that laying back and being nice is kind of a strategy. I'd consider it risky, because being nice to everyone usually means you're not making any strong alliances. And he definitely did need to win all those challenges at the end to stay.It seems to me that it's pretty tough to win the social and strategic game, especially the survivors we've seen the last few seasons. Russell dominated 2 full seasons strategically, but he just never had the social game to win. When you're making all the strategic moves or making a power move, you probably end up pissing off someone.I thought it was silly for Chase to get 4 votes, but I think that just shows had bad Sash's social game was. Even the people that didn't like/appreciate Fabio's game still couldn't bring themselves to vote for Sash.
You are so flip-floppy. You said differently last year when Russell was playing lol
So I guess you could say that laying back and being nice is kind of a strategy. I'd consider it risky, because being nice to everyone usually means you're not making any strong alliances. And he definitely did need to win all those challenges at the end to stay.
I understand Delved's and others opinions, I just disagree, and my personal opinion of what a deserving survivor champion should be differs from most.If you are aware that you are laying back and being nice I guess it is a strategy. I don't think Fabio was even aware of what he was doing, and he just said that was his strategy because he needed something to say to the jury. My argument is that even if that was Fabio's strategy, it didn't really work. He was supposed to be the next one to go 3 times and he was saved by immunity. So his "strategy" would have gotten him voted off if he didn't have an immunity idol.I think I'm just more biased towards players who think strategy 24/7 instead of guys like Colby, Fabio, Fireman Tom, Ozzy, etc. who just seem to be awesome at challenges. They were able to manipulate the vote because of winning things, not because they had any strategy.
I'll do whatever to help people shipping between ftp and stars if needed. Tanner, the problem with making a deposit on a site for a survivor/bigbrother/sports/amazing race pool is that some people aren't into online poker anymore but still want to participate in the forum. Cool yes? If they make a deposit on stars or ftp, they have to wait for a week or something before they can transfer the funds and if they win monies they have to play and contribute rake before they can cash out. just sayinObviously DNA was freerolling this thing since he's a MOOCH and didn't want to pay! psych...chick-ah-chick-kaw
Totally, No way I was paying if I lost
What if we make everyone vote when there is like 8 players left or something?
Good luck organizing that! :club:

so I became creepy boy who 'liked' Chase on Facebook cause he in fellow Nashvillian and thought it would be cool to go see him sing at some honky tonk bar sometime.Just saw this beauty on there from him ....Public Service Announcement: so a lot of people out there think I was so stupid on Survivor and was terrible at it. Okay, I really could care less what any of you think. It's Survivor, it's a game and it's over, grow up and move on and find something else to do with your lives other than bash people who went through mo...re hell on that show than you can imagine.

Public Service Announcement: so a lot of people out there think I was so stupid on Survivor and was terrible at it. Okay, I really could care less what any of you think. It's Survivor, it's a game and it's over, grow up and move on and find something else to do with your lives other than bash people who went through mo...re hell on that show than you can imagine.
lol I like that
I understand Delved's and others opinions, I just disagree, and my personal opinion of what a deserving survivor champion should be differs from most.If you are aware that you are laying back and being nice I guess it is a strategy. I don't think Fabio was even aware of what he was doing, and he just said that was his strategy because he needed something to say to the jury. My argument is that even if that was Fabio's strategy, it didn't really work. He was supposed to be the next one to go 3 times and he was saved by immunity. So his "strategy" would have gotten him voted off if he didn't have an immunity idol.I think I'm just more biased towards players who think strategy 24/7 instead of guys like Colby, Fabio, Fireman Tom, Ozzy, etc. who just seem to be awesome at challenges. They were able to manipulate the vote because of winning things, not because they had any strategy.
Yeah, I get what you are saying. It wasn't really an intended "strategy" for Fabio, it was more like what he was forced to do after the original La Flor tribe split and he was on the short end of it. He had to try and not make enemies because he never had the numbers.I guess that's what makes Survivor such a popular show - difference of opinions in rating players. I am somewhat opposite of you and am biased towards players that win competitions. I appreciate game smarts and strategy to some degree, but I find it embarrassing that someone like Sandra has won the game twice.

The biggest shame is that the jury votes from personal feelings more so than who deserves a million dollars for their game play. It happens year after year, the person who strategizes the most generally had to blindside some along the way and also shift alliances to get them far in the game. They are game breakers, they kill other peoples dreams and thus the victims never give them a vote. It's the reason why Russell, Amanda, Sash, etc. don't win. Another flaw is that all members of the jury hangout with each other 24/7 at ponderosa. So they can tell others how things really went down which puts additional targets on the strategists backs, because "they came up with the plan".Also, quick note all moneys have been paid. Big thanks to Bob for holding that for us.Look for a new thread next week for sign ups for next season.

Ps. I didn't think the random draft hurt the fun at all. I enjoyed it.--------------------------------Gov, since that happens every year, maybe those people aren't outwitting anyone. The people that win aren't those people, so why would you choose to be one of those people?

Ps. I didn't think the random draft hurt the fun at all. I enjoyed it.--------------------------------Gov, since that happens every year. Maybe those people aren't outwitting another. The people that win aren't those people, so why would you choose to be one of those people?
Well some of you might not agree with my thinking here, and it's rather hard to explain but here goes:At the end of the day final tribal council is 3 people (even though it should just be 2). Top strategy players have a better shot at winning against 1 person over 2, that's obvious. The reason why I'd be a strategist type player still is because 90% of the players have a goal to lay low and piss off no one and hope that gets them far. It's not a bad strategy but since 15 or more players are using that same mentality, it's more of a crapshoot to make it to the end. Afterall, to the leader of alliances you're just a regular joe. Only 1 or 2 of those regular players are going to make it to the end. You'd have to be extremely lucky to be one of those players such as winning immunity 3 or 4 times in a row (not an easy task).In my opinion, the key difference between the two types of players is that a strategist positions themselves to make it to the end where a floater hopes to make it to the end - there's quite a difference there. Strategists, come up with ways to get rid of other power players and since they are usually a leader of a small, tight alliance, they are usually only up against a handful of other smart type players from the get go. I'd say smart strategy based players are only fighting against maybe 3 other top strategy players to make it to the end (A 1/4 chance to usually make it to the end). A floater/regular joe is usually a 1/15 shot at making it to the end, they are competing against other floaters, physical players and hope their leaders don't turn on them.I don't know if that makes sense to everyone, but it does in my mind.
Another flaw is that all members of the jury hangout with each other 24/7 at ponderosa.
I've hated this for a long time now. I don't like that jury members influence each other's votes. All it takes is lying to one person who is in the jury and that person can ruin your whole game.