ok so i had been open shoving myself to stay alive. granted i HATE the 3x, i meant to min raise but open jamming would have cured all this i know. now given i was the preflop opener, I feel like i have the best chance to rep and ace, followed closely by the cold caller. Do you make this shove or just check fold. granted, people can still be dumb and call with crap bc it is a $2 180 man but was my thinking correct? in hind sight i should have just check/ folded being multiway, but was the right idea kinda there? Poker Stars $2.00+$0.20 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t100/t200 Blinds - 9 players - View hand 828246The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterUTG: t840 M = 2.80UTG+1: t4495 M = 14.98Hero (UTG+2): t2025 M = 6.75MP1: t2840 M = 9.47MP2: t4255 M = 14.18CO: t3245 M = 10.82BTN: t915 M = 3.05SB: t9845 M = 32.82BB: t3365 M = 11.22Pre Flop: (t300) Hero is UTG+2 with Q :club: Q :3h2 folds, Hero raises to t600, 2 folds, CO calls t600, 1 fold, SB calls t500, BB calls t400Flop: (t2400) A :4h 5 :5c K :ts(4 players)SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets t1425 all in,

ok so i had been open shoving myself to stay alive. granted i HATE the 3x, i meant to min raise but open jamming would have cured all this i know. now given i was the preflop opener, I feel like i have the best chance to rep and ace, followed closely by the cold caller. Do you make this shove or just check fold. granted, people can still be dumb and call with crap bc it is a $2 180 man but was my thinking correct? in hind sight i should have just check/ folded being multiway, but was the right idea kinda there? Poker Stars $2.00+$0.20 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t100/t200 Blinds - 9 players - View hand 828246The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterUTG: t840 M = 2.80UTG+1: t4495 M = 14.98Hero (UTG+2): t2025 M = 6.75MP1: t2840 M = 9.47MP2: t4255 M = 14.18CO: t3245 M = 10.82BTN: t915 M = 3.05SB: t9845 M = 32.82BB: t3365 M = 11.22Pre Flop: (t300) Hero is UTG+2 with Q :club: Q :3h2 folds, Hero raises to t600, 2 folds, CO calls t600, 1 fold, SB calls t500, BB calls t400Flop: (t2400) A :4h 5 :5c K :ts(4 players)SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets t1425 all in,
Meh, you said it best when you should have just shoved pre. As played I can't see us being ahead or anyone folding to our shove so just check/fold although I'm not liking how that sounds. I'm sure someone could call with worse, but we have 3 people to hope for to do that and that's not likely.Also, you said you were meaning to min. raise pre, why? I don't think you are deep enough to be raising without it being a shove.
Meh, you said it best when you should have just shoved pre. As played I can't see us being ahead or anyone folding to our shove so just check/fold although I'm not liking how that sounds. I'm sure someone could call with worse, but we have 3 people to hope for to do that and that's not likely.Also, you said you were meaning to min. raise pre, why? I don't think you are deep enough to be raising without it being a shove.
trying to induce jams. i had been shoving pre and was thinking someone with AJ, K10 may read the open as weak and jam over me thinking they had fold equity.as for the flop, in hind sight it was silly to expect to get past this many people on the flop. it was not for value at all, i didnt expect many worse hands to call ever. it was much more as a bluff. from a chip ev standpoint is isnt a terrible shove it think, but seeing how i would expect to have a decent edge on people in this, i shouldn't be risking this much on a marginal situation.

I like to induce when I have an under 20bb stack, but when you get down to 10bbs, you just have to jamAs played, I don't like the jam b/c we are only getting called by hands that are destroyed

shove pre, as played c/f flop. any ace, king or flush draw is calling and with that many people in the pot certainly someone is calling you.since you pointed out the m value in your post, use it.http://www.pokerlistings.com/tournament-pl...idrange-m-valueM = <8With an M of less than eight, you really only have one move. You simply attempt to pick the best possible spot you can, cross your fingers and move your remaining chips into the pot.

i guess i out level myself think bc i would expect this to be polarized between a steal pre and a monster i hope people see it as weak pre. i just need to shove. lol i know this, but idk why i let myself talk myself out of this! lol!,..... :club:

it happens, don't worry...just move on and play another day! We just think we are gonna kick ourselves when we pile and get no action...so i get why you just raised..but don't do that anymore :club:

it happens, don't worry...just move on and play another day! We just think we are gonna kick ourselves when we pile and get no action...so i get why you just raised..but don't do that anymore :club:
thanks true! hey could you post some guidelines to induce in micro stakes? i have never really found spots for it. frankly seeing how the average villain is so LP i dont know if it is very possible to do such in the games i play

Well you generally want to do it when you're a tad deeper than you are right now, like 12-20bbs deep, and also you want antes to be in play because it makes raising look a lot more appealing to others. From there you can either limp or raise really small and see if you can encourage some callers/a squeeze or someone trying to iso you. Then you fistpump ram your dick down their throat with your two queens and triple up.

Well you generally want to do it when you're a tad deeper than you are right now, like 12-20bbs deep, and also you want antes to be in play because it makes raising look a lot more appealing to others. From there you can either limp or raise really small and see if you can encourage some callers/a squeeze or someone trying to iso you. Then you fistpump ram your dick down their throat with your two queens and triple up.
ok. i guess the problem is people in the games i play may not be aggro enough to think there is dead money in the pot. ok. this makes sense. the fishi play will probably just call pre. which isnt terrible but they may spazz call there k10 and other junk so why not just get it in pre and avoid trying to navigate K high or A high boards with q's. thanks for the input babylon!