Was watching some old youtube clips out of boredom - mostly Hellmuth blowups and sick dwan movesDwan totally impresses me even when he loses - I think I saw him play heads up vs Patrik Omaha and lose a half million and was still shocked that he played really well and somehow always folded when he was coolered repeatedlyI also thought it was pretty sick that he had a half million in the pot vs Barry Greenstein after the flop with a coin flip and when Barry suggested that instead of running it twice they take a few hundred back Dwan instantly said "absolutely not"here's the hand that interests meHellmuth Dwan from the NBC heads up championship

Dwan has 10s Hellmuth Acesit's the third hand so the blinds are obviously nilHellmuth limpsDwan makes it 1500Hellmuth makes it 3600Dwan all in for like 16k more - obv Hellmuth instacallsof course Dwan wins because that would be funny and entertaining and then they argue over whether Dwan overplayed his handHellmuth of course calling him nuts Dwan insisting that it's a standard play and that Hellmuth doesn't understand heads up NLMy thinking is that Dwan has tons of fold equity since Hellmuth is a nit, but overall I sort of agree with PhilIs this really a "pretty standard" play with 10s for an ubergenius?Does it make sense in a one and done tourney as opposed to one heads up match for say 50k where you can move on and play again?Is Dwan just giving Hellmuth attitude back or does he really believe its pretty standardSorry if this has been discussed ad infinitum before but i'd be interested in your opinionsalso LOL at 99% of the Hellmuth clips on YouTube being Phil getting beat the exception seemingly being his main event winhas he won a hand since other than the matusow 2 7 bluff worth watching?

Apparently the structure in that tournament is pretty bad. The hand itself seemed standard to me.

agreed but do you shove vs a min raise for 4 times the pot on the third hand?
Not at all. Do you flat here though?Even if he raised, Hellmuth would have shoved and Dwan would have called.
Not at all. Do you flat here though?Even if he raised, Hellmuth would have shoved and Dwan would have called.
yeah i guess i would have just called - Hellmuth is mostly a nit but I think he was geared up to not let Dwan push him aroundcalling with 16.5k behind to hit a set seems ok - Hellmuth being Hellmuth is clearly only going to call with Aces Kings probably Queens (he folded them to one min raise on PAD with ten bb) maybe AKI'm not saying that Dwan's play was horrible - he just seemed so casual about his play being absolutely correct that it interested mePersonally when I play heads up matches I try to avoid gambling too much pre-flop - so I don't do this very muchIf Hellmuth had made it 7k instead of 3.5 i think I probably fold with just 1500 invested

so sad Hellmuth vs Dwan heads up on PADdwan had a pair of twos and Hellmuth raised him 20k on the turn and dwan called hellmuth bet 30 k on river and Dwan took forever and foldedman if he had called it would have put all Hellmuth implosions to shame - such a loss of entertainment value

I'm never folding pocket 10's preflop heads up in a tournament.
at worst its prob gonna be a flip i wouldnt fold eaither