Recreation Hockey League

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There are some moments in your sons life that they will never forget and will grow from.   This weekend Adrian’s team was playing for the Northern California championships. In the final game they p

Adrian’s team is now California State Champions. Some epic things happened all weekend that I’ll post about later.   Before the final game they played ONLY the Canadian national anthem in honor of

Too bad your kid still isn't playing in Canada serge, I just found out I was picked and I'll be wearing the bands for the major peewee AAA finals of the BCC at the Canadian Tire Centre on New Years Da

Bob can attest... I turned down 4 tickets to a Saturday night game a couple of weeks ago because my son had a practice..... :club:
What you did??? Serge he would have asked us to come with him. We missed out on Leaf tickets!!!!!

In honour of you fine gentleman, I will NOT watch the Leafs game tonight. Another sacrifice made. Won't be east though, I got a feeling they MIGHT just score tonight. Instead, I'll spend the night out with my son, probably at the rippers.Just kidding. I dont actually think they'll score.

In honour of you fine gentleman, I will NOT watch the Leafs game tonight. Another sacrifice made.
Good maybe we will finally have a good game..You watched one game and started the downfall :club:
Bob can attest... I turned down 4 tickets to a Saturday night game a couple of weeks ago because my son had a practice..... :club:
what kind of practices happen on a Saturday night for kids???
what kind of practices happen on a Saturday night for kids???
We normally play saturday morning and practice sunday morning, but they are rebuilding the Port Credit Arena, so our league is currently without a home, and therefore subject to some strange ice times..
In honour of you fine gentleman, I will NOT watch the Leafs game tonight. Another sacrifice made. Won't be east though, I got a feeling they MIGHT just score tonight. Instead, I'll spend the night out with my son, probably at the rippers.Just kidding. I dont actually think they'll score.
Can I come to the rippers?
We normally play saturday morning and practice sunday morning, but they are rebuilding the Port Credit Arena, so our league is currently without a home, and therefore subject to some strange ice times..
I see...we are the opposite..Practice Saturday morning and game on Sunday morning.
serge - fyi, I read all the posts about your boy's hockey, even if I don't reply. Good stuff.
Thanks Tim..He is having a blast..

So after a very trying day with a parent wanting a release for their 5 year old because the kid didn't make the 'all-star' team, the convenor of the league threw us a bone. My five year old will be taking the ice tomorrow during the legends classic hall of fame game. Apparently, they do a little skit where the referee threatens to replace the players on a team because they're not playing hard enough, and finally sends them all to the bench, and opens the gate to allow a group of tykes onto the ice who will be playing against the likes of Cicarelli, Glenn Anderson, Bryan Trottier, Paul Coffey, etc. Should be a very cool experience....

So after a very trying day with a parent wanting a release for their 5 year old because the kid didn't make the 'all-star' team, the convenor of the league threw us a bone. My five year old will be taking the ice tomorrow during the legends classic hall of fame game. Apparently, they do a little skit where the referee threatens to replace the players on a team because they're not playing hard enough, and finally sends them all to the bench, and opens the gate to allow a group of tykes onto the ice who will be playing against the likes of Cicarelli, Glenn Anderson, Bryan Trottier, Paul Coffey, etc. Should be a very cool experience....
Wow!!! Very cool. Congrats to Dean.In regards to the parent, not sure how you can deal with that since I personally would freak at the parent. I guess that is why I don't coach.
Wow!!! Very cool. Congrats to Dean.In regards to the parent, not sure how you can deal with that since I personally would freak at the parent. I guess that is why I don't coach.
Wayne, ran into your son outside the ACC today, asked him if you were around, he said no.... Awesome day for the kids, they played in the Legends game, scored on Billy Smith, skated around the ice with Bryan Trottier and the (faux) Stanley Cup, got to keep their HOF jerseys, and some old friends at the ACC took Dean into the Team Canada Legends dressing room for autographs..... awesome day...
Wayne, ran into your son outside the ACC today, asked him if you were around, he said no.... Awesome day for the kids, they played in the Legends game, scored on Billy Smith, skated around the ice with Bryan Trottier and the (faux) Stanley Cup, got to keep their HOF jerseys, and some old friends at the ACC took Dean into the Team Canada Legends dressing room for autographs..... awesome day...
Good for him! :ts And you! :club: Pics?
He said he was hungry so I was getting him some lunch.Now that is cool. Can't wait for the pics.
http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss184/gruven72/195.jpg Dean is the closest to the camera with the reebok stick and red tape on his helmethttp://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss184/gruven72/175.jpg In the spotlighthttp://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss184/gruven72/199.jpg Hoisting the mini-cup with some dude who claims to have 7 Cup rings.... By the way, the goalie in the first pic is Battling Billy Smith. He is going to be 60 in a month, and I have to tell you, he was UNBELIEVABLY good in the legends game. Just ridiculous...
http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss184/gruven72/195.jpg Dean is the closest to the camera with the reebok stick and red tape on his helmethttp://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss184/gruven72/175.jpg In the spotlighthttp://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss184/gruven72/199.jpg Hoisting the mini-cup with some dude who claims to have 7 Cup rings.... By the way, the goalie in the first pic is Battling Billy Smith. He is going to be 60 in a month, and I have to tell you, he was UNBELIEVABLY good in the legends game. Just ridiculous...
Love the pics.

This weekend is our weekend where Adrian is the goalie.We just had our practice and tomorrow is the game. I was really surprised at how well he did in practice....He has the stance, he cuts the angles and is able to pounce on the puck..During the whole practice he barely gave up any goals...I am sure the game will be different..The main thing is he REALLY loves it...All the kids get one week to be goalie, plus there is like an extra 4-5 weeks where the coach will ask who had the most fun and wants to be goalie again...I am sure he will volunteer.He was saying today, how he is excited because he gets to play the whole game and doesnt have to come off .On a side note, first view of a fight between a parent and a coach...It was really embarrasing to see...They changed the schedules of practice today and apparently a couple of the parents didnt get the emails..So they were an hour early and were told they have to wait..One dad was so pissed off and wouldnt stop complaining to the coach..It wasnt our team thank goodness...So far all the parents on our team are very friendly and nice...I LOVE our coach..He is the nicest guy and constantly give positive remarks to the kids..The first coach we had before the teams aligned was nasty...He would yell and scream at the kids, remember this is house league for 5 and 6 year olds.. ..He maybe a better hockey coach, but i prefer our coach anyday.

..The first coach we had before the teams aligned was nasty...He would yell and scream at the kids, remember this is house league for 5 and 6 year olds.. ..
thats just f'in ridiculous. Id want to clock that guy if I saw it in person.
This weekend is our weekend where Adrian is the goalie.The main thing is he REALLY loves it...All the kids get one week to be goalie, plus there is like an extra 4-5 weeks where the coach will ask who had the most fun and wants to be goalie again...I am sure he will volunteer.
awesome stuff! keep the updates coming.
  • 4 weeks later...

At the risk of being ridiculed with losing and Leafs jokes, here is an update on my sons team..Played 4 games and we are 0-4...His play has improved quite a bit since day one, and skating is a lot better..The only game that we had a chance to win was the game he was in net..but we lost a close one.This is becoming a common theme, as his soccer team was also losing every game..In soccer though he was the best player on the team scoring all the goals so it wasnt a big deal.I think he doesnt really care, which is a good thing. He is having lots of fun playing and enjoying his time on the ice.I missed his last two games as we were away and now there isnt a game till next week..two weeks off..While we all stress that winning isnt that important at this stage, it would be nice to win one game.