yea na gidday, just wanted some different opinions on this hand and how i played it, yea na good cheersferal_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow PokerPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em $0.05/$0.10 - 6 playersUTG: $10.15 UTG+1: $11.72 (Hero)CO: $7.40 Button: $8.06 SB: $10.73 BB: $10.31 Preflop: ($0.15) Hero is UTG+1 with 7h.gif7c.gif (6 players)UTG raises to $0.40, Hero calls $0.40, 4 foldsFlop: ($0.95) 7s.gif5h.gifJc.gif (2 players)UTG bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50Turn: ($1.95) 2s.gif (2 players)UTG checks, Hero bets $0.75, UTG calls $0.75River: ($3.45) 9h.gif (2 players)UTG bets $1.80, Hero raises to $5, UTG calls $3.20UTG mucked Jd.gifAc.gifHero showed 7h.gif7c.gif, and won ($12.79) with three of a kind, SevensHero won $12.79(Rake: $0.66)

Raise the flop...he's coming in from UTG so his range is strongest, and he's never folding a big jack or QQ+. But since the flop's so dry, and since villain has bet so weakly, I can see the merit in calling, but you'll need to bet more on the turn. You want to get max value on this hand.

raise flop for sure. You need to def bet bigger on the turn bc we should be getting our stack in on the river. you missed a ton of value

If villain is competent there is a ton of merrit in flatting the flopbet a lot more on the turn... match your floats sonjam river
true but at this limit i think we can expect the vast majority of loose passive villains to hold on for at least 2 streets very weak. and most villains will probably stack off AJ+ here.
true but at this limit i think we can expect the vast majority of loose passive villains to hold on for at least 2 streets very weak. and most villains will probably stack off AJ+ here.
hence i said if... most villains are not competent
If villain is competent there is a ton of merrit in flatting the flopbet a lot more on the turn... match your floats sonjam river
This.

Just outta curiosity... does it annoy anybody else when someone refers to a set as '777'? I get tired of seeing this in chat...'What you have?''999'

Just outta curiosity... does it annoy anybody else when someone refers to a set as '777'? I get tired of seeing this in chat...'What you have?''999'
lol i know what a set and trips are, but for quickness sake i just write 777 lol

at these limits we don't need to be flatting a set on this flop. We have to find the best way to get our stack in, which of course is raising.As played, bet bigger turn and river as stated