Myrtle Beach

me and fiance are going....anyone been or live there? any good places to stay?thanks in advance :club:
My family goes every year in May. They stay at Roxanne Towers, it's very kid friendly mind you but they are right on the beach and have very nice accomodations. They have a lot of bedroom suites although you can get standard hotel style rooms I think.Summer is very expensive though compared to Spring/Fall rates.
  • 3 weeks later...
Also heading to Myrtle Beach... leaving Friday. Staying at 'The Palms' on the beach. Any good places to eat/see?
Depends on what your looking for, stuff for a family or nightlife. Ripley's Aquarium is cool for the family as well as Nascar Speedpark. The Water park/amusement park are good also. As far as places to eat, if you like ribs like me you should definitely check out Sticky Fingers! Dixie Stampede is a good place for a show/dinner also. I'm not sure of the nightlife from experience but there are definitely a ton of clubs down there.

Just took a drive down to Myrtle Beach this previous weekend. The beach/boardwalk area is nothing special. Typical beach town really...can hardly tell the different between Myrtle and parts of Jersey Shore. Although the water is nicer. Lot of good restaurants and bars, more inland than on the beach from what I have seen. Check out http://www.broadwayatthebeach.com/ it's like a giant outdoor boardwalk that surrounds a lake. Lots of restaurants, bars, games, shopping, attractions etc. You can spend an afternoon/evening there easily.

The outer banks a few miles north in North Carolina is much much better.

Because women are evil. They are OK as frornds and good for fun but they can't be trusted.

The outer banks a few miles north in North Carolina is much much better.
A few? That's a little misleading :club: A few hundred miles, yes.