2/5 Hand, Was This As Bad As I Think?

you really think he is calling the turn to bluff the river??? i mean your the one with the reads so only you can answer this, but when an aggro villain starts just calling i get pretty scared to be honest bc it is usually out of character
we're not entirely sure he is super aggro, because we've hardly played with him...i dont think he's callng to bluff, but i think he's calling on the turn with a draw...obviously i know what he has....i tanked for a while, and decided that he must want me to fold, which i was correct in assessing...however, he didnt have a flush draw, he turned over 10-8 suited. so he made open ended on the turn, and he basically had the one top pair hand on the flop that i could beat. maybe he put me on diamonds, and once the ace hit, figured i might have the nut flush draw and caught the ace, and was trying to push me off my hand. he ended up losing another 600 before leaving.the table went a little crazy with "oh what a call"...but im not sure..cause he easily could've had k/10, q/10, j10...i'm not sure if calling here is optimal in the long runon an other note, i lost 800 today..in basically 2 hands where i played like a friggin bird...so mad at myself, but at least i knew i was playing bad and just left....2 hrs only..lol...years ago, as long as i had $$$ left, i was playing on..
we're not entirely sure he is super aggro, because we've hardly played with him...i dont think he's callng to bluff, but i think he's calling on the turn with a draw...obviously i know what he has....i tanked for a while, and decided that he must want me to fold, which i was correct in assessing...however, he didnt have a flush draw, he turned over 10-8 suited. so he made open ended on the turn, and he basically had the one top pair hand on the flop that i could beat. maybe he put me on diamonds, and once the ace hit, figured i might have the nut flush draw and caught the ace, and was trying to push me off my hand. he ended up losing another 600 before leaving.the table went a little crazy with "oh what a call"...but im not sure..cause he easily could've had k/10, q/10, j10...i'm not sure if calling here is optimal in the long runon an other note, i lost 800 today..in basically 2 hands where i played like a friggin bird...so mad at myself, but at least i knew i was playing bad and just left....2 hrs only..lol...years ago, as long as i had $$$ left, i was playing on..
Try to realize that KT etc don't show up here nearly as often as T8 or 88 as far as made hands turned into a bluff. That particular line, when it is a bluff, is almost always some sort of whiffed draw, because the turn call is "well he's ahead but I can catch up and get paid." Hand like KT aren't going to do that because they have to call soley to bluff the river.... and if KT calls bc he thinks he's ahead... it's unlikely he's going to do anything on this river but pray for a check down. I'm not saying his bluff was planned, but it was likely he realized the ace was a scary card when it hit the river and had an "aha I can STEAL! moment"
Try to realize that KT etc don't show up here nearly as often as T8 or 88 as far as made hands turned into a bluff. That particular line, when it is a bluff, is almost always some sort of whiffed draw, because the turn call is "well he's ahead but I can catch up and get paid." Hand like KT aren't going to do that because they have to call soley to bluff the river.... and if KT calls bc he thinks he's ahead... it's unlikely he's going to do anything on this river but pray for a check down. I'm not saying his bluff was planned, but it was likely he realized the ace was a scary card when it hit the river and had an "aha I can STEAL! moment"
Makes good sense...... :club:
uhm he had a straight, and he was praying we had a10 kinda hands and will easily call. i call the turn all day and then fold to huge bets and call small bets on the river all day, if we wanna bluff catch we let the aggro hang himself. i hate the turn raise, and i hate the river call.
uhm he had a straight, and he was praying we had a10 kinda hands and will easily call. i call the turn all day and then fold to huge bets and call small bets on the river all day, if we wanna bluff catch we let the aggro hang himself. i hate the turn raise, and i hate the river call.
i think you're a bit confused...no straight...just a pair of 10s
No, he didn'tbut i agree with the turn raise being -EV
why is the turn raise bad? it helps me avoid big river bets (against most players), and get away from the monster hands when he re-raises.....plus it charges the draws...true, when i'm beat, i lose more $$, but against two pair or better, its most likely repopping me on the turn and i can fold, and if i'm called, i can assume most of the time it's a draw and play the river accordingly...but what are ur thoughts, besides letting a bluff hang themselves?
why is the turn raise bad? it helps me avoid big river bets (against most players), and get away from the monster hands when he re-raises.....plus it charges the draws...true, when i'm beat, i lose more $$, but against two pair or better, its most likely repopping me on the turn and i can fold, and if i'm called, i can assume most of the time it's a draw and play the river accordingly...but what are ur thoughts, besides letting a bluff hang themselves?
1) he folds his air2) you lose more when behind3) if he calls you don't know he's on a draw, he can easily have two pair, then you're going to lose more on the river too4) if he does have a draw he can choose to b/3b it, which would make you lay down the best hand.