$2/5 Hand, Questionable Pre-flop And Flop Call

Ok, another $2/5 hand. Now, i want it to be known, that I was down about 440, and only had a little more time to play. So I had rebought for 400 (since max is 500, and I had about 60, i couldn't buy in for more than 440 anyways, so i just went with 400). So basically, I have about 460 in front of me, with a total of 900 bought in. I'm looking to double up, but if the situation is right. The preflop raiser, seems to be tight aggressive, which makes my preflop call questionable - but he is predictable, and i feel i can read him well. Also, i know once i call, the other two limpers are 100% coming along for the ride, and they would not be raising 90% of the time either.I'm UTG, and last to act because I happen to have the straddle button.UTG/Hero (has straddle button)UTG + 1 calls $10 (has like $160)MP calls $10 (has about $300)Button raises to $50 (has about $400)Hero calls $40 ($420 stack) A :club: Q :ts UTG + 1 calls $40MP calls $40FLOP - $207K :4h 2 :5c 9 :3h Hero checks - i think i should have just went all in here, and if button has a set, i still have outs.....I feel i'm commited at this point, cause I can't be crushed..UTG + 1 goes all in for $110MP goes all in for $250Button foldsHero?While i'm tanking, I say out loud..."I'm probably the only one with the flush draw"...and MP looks at me like he's worried...UTG + 1 and MP are not terribly good players...especially UTG + 1. His range includes weak kings, even 7's, flush draws, or even under pairs to Kings. MP is aggressive, i've seen him overshove to isolate with as little as tp weak kicker. I think i'm getting the odds to call...only way I could be crushed is if one has a flush draw, and the other has a pair/set already. n Thoughts?

your getting odds even if you have dirty outsI'm probably raising the button PF
that might've been the better thing to do. but button was tight/agg, so although he could be stealing, it was huge risk...my image at that point would have to be loose agg, so he might've called me, regardless of his hand.

snap off call stack sizes are right to give you odds. call!

Ok, another $2/5 hand. Now, i want it to be known, that I was down about 440, and only had a little more time to play. So I had rebought for 400 (since max is 500, and I had about 60, i couldn't buy in for more than 440 anyways, so i just went with 400). So basically, I have about 460 in front of me, with a total of 900 bought in. I'm looking to double up, but if the situation is right.
None of this prelude seems relevant to the correct strategy. When are you not looking to double up? When you're ahead?
None of this prelude seems relevant to the correct strategy. When are you not looking to double up? When you're ahead?
lol...i was trying to justify my call of a/q suited in the straddler position (bad relative position to the raiser too).....i dont know, i think, with a tight aggressive raiser, i normally dont call it. maybe i should be calling here more often? unless it's someone whom i have a good feeling would try to steal, i usually fold. but knowing i was gonna get odds to call, and my eagerness to double up to even before i leave, i decided to call...that's what the little intro was for.but it seems most of u think it's an easy call...maybe at 6 max..full ring tho?
lol...i was trying to justify my call of a/q suited in the straddler position (bad relative position to the raiser too).....i dont know, i think, with a tight aggressive raiser, i normally dont call it. maybe i should be calling here more often? unless it's someone whom i have a good feeling would try to steal, i usually fold. but knowing i was gonna get odds to call, and my eagerness to double up to even before i leave, i decided to call...that's what the little intro was for.but it seems most of u think it's an easy call...maybe at 6 max..full ring tho?
No, you shouldn't be calling AQs from the straddle to a LP open more often. You should be 3betting the hell out of it.
No, you shouldn't be calling AQs from the straddle to a LP open more often. You should be 3betting the hell out of it.
i know this is common to do online...but live? u think? i guess i'll loosen up a bit...**edit...after thinking about it, it makes sense..