Love My Hand

Villian has been pretty straight forward with his hands. Bets when he's got it, folds when he doesn't. Definitely a better player than whats normally found at these stakes.Hero (SB) (t5500)BB (t1500)UTG (t1275)UTG+1 (t3560)MP1 (t1470)MP2 (t1230)MP3 (t1495)CO (t2300)Button (t1195)Hero's M: 73.33Preflop: Hero is SB with K :D, K :ts1 fold, UTG+1 bets t150, 5 folds, Hero raises to t500, 1 fold, UTG+1 calls t350Flop: (t1050) Q :4h, 6 :5c, J :club:(2 players)Hero bets t500, UTG+1 raises to t1000, Hero calls t500I probably should bet more here but I want to see how he reacts. I'm now behind QQ, JJ. He can't have AK :3h and I don't know if he calls the 3bet with AT :qh . Turn: (t3050) 9 :jh(2 players)Hero checks, UTG+1 bets t2050, Hero calls t2050Thoughts?

Villian has been pretty straight forward with his hands. Bets when he's got it, folds when he doesn't. Definitely a better player than whats normally found at these stakes.Hero (SB) (t5500)BB (t1500)UTG (t1275)UTG+1 (t3560)MP1 (t1470)MP2 (t1230)MP3 (t1495)CO (t2300)Button (t1195)Hero's M: 73.33Preflop: Hero is SB with K :D, K :ts1 fold, UTG+1 bets t150, 5 folds, Hero raises to t500, 1 fold, UTG+1 calls t350Flop: (t1050) Q :4h, 6 :5c, J :club:(2 players)Hero bets t500, UTG+1 raises to t1000, Hero calls t500I probably should bet more here but I want to see how he reacts. I'm now behind QQ, JJ. He can't have AK :3h and I don't know if he calls the 3bet with AT :qh . Turn: (t3050) 9 :jh(2 players)Hero checks, UTG+1 bets t2050, Hero calls t2050Thoughts?
part of me wants to knee jerk donk that flop like this: I do think i wanna bet slightly more here to be honest, because i think 700-750 ish would leverage perfectly to ne able to get the villain in on the turn. leaving him 2310 left and the pot being 2550, a pretty standardbut, against a good villain, this may not be the best line, it is kinda hyper standard and kinda need villain to be a donk, so after some thinking this is the line i takeuhm, well you didn't include the stake for the tourny, im guessing $11? if you are worried about him being a very good and tag player, his line does worry me a bit. had you said unknown, or standard $3-5 freezeout villain, i love my line. But if you think you need to try and small ball him, it worries me when i see a solid villain min raising a cbet on a 3 bet flop. It also worries me how wet that flop is in relation to his bet calling range. If he has been a very good player who has been aggro, i think our best shot is c/r villain all in. A check could make it look like we have AKish kinda hands, and he can have a chance to steal here. The sizing seems decent to be able to work here too. The problem with donking this flop is we get zero value from any of his blank parts of his range. Plus i feel we are ahead here a lot of the time, we need his whole stack ASAP, and the best chance is to get it in on the flop. He doesnt raise overtop shove anything really worse most likely, so get a c/r and see if he makes a mistake and call with decent QX, combo draws here being decently behind a lot or slightly behind. I mean he could very well have QJ, and that is just unlucky for us. As played, you kinda dont beat anything on the turn, but we block some of what he "should" have so it is possible he is turning some sort of made hand into a bluff,... really tough spot. fold is imo ever so slightly better than raise (he didnt push if my math is right,... right? i mean that is kinda scary too that he doesnt shove the turn, idk how to react to that). personally i think you played the hand kinda backwards. I mean it depends on what you mean based off your read? what stake? how aggro? that could change my opinion here

Meh, by just calling the flop and then checking the turn, the villain can assume that you're weak and can start betting AQ here, especially if he has the Ah. Part of me just wants to shove the flop after he minraises us. But on the turn, we can't check-call half our stack when we're uncertain. Either bet and get it in or check-fold. I'm partial to getting it in though because if he has AhQx we're ahead. If he has QJ, we have outs. I don't see him ever having AhXh if he's a good player.

I don't think villain is going to be folding any Q or draw once he raises this flop so I'm going ahead and getting it in there.
kinda agree, but Q10 most likely finds there fold button, q9, and they are reasonable given the preflop action, i dont think you get called off as much as you think here bc we block kq, so AQ stacks off, combo draws most likely, but that is it

What kind of game is this? 45-mans? 90-mans? 180? Some smaller buyin GTD tourney?In a vacuum, I'm probably betting 750~850 ish on that flop, and ship the rest at the earliest opportunity.

part of me wants to knee jerk donk that flop like this: I do think i wanna bet slightly more here to be honest, because i think 700-750 ish would leverage perfectly to ne able to get the villain in on the turn. leaving him 2310 left and the pot being 2550, a pretty standardbut, against a good villain, this may not be the best line, it is kinda hyper standard and kinda need villain to be a donk, so after some thinking this is the line i takeuhm, well you didn't include the stake for the tourny, im guessing $11? if you are worried about him being a very good and tag player, his line does worry me a bit. had you said unknown, or standard $3-5 freezeout villain, i love my line. But if you think you need to try and small ball him, it worries me when i see a solid villain min raising a cbet on a 3 bet flop. It also worries me how wet that flop is in relation to his bet calling range. If he has been a very good player who has been aggro, i think our best shot is c/r villain all in. A check could make it look like we have AKish kinda hands, and he can have a chance to steal here. The sizing seems decent to be able to work here too. The problem with donking this flop is we get zero value from any of his blank parts of his range. Plus i feel we are ahead here a lot of the time, we need his whole stack ASAP, and the best chance is to get it in on the flop. He doesnt raise overtop shove anything really worse most likely, so get a c/r and see if he makes a mistake and call with decent QX, combo draws here being decently behind a lot or slightly behind. I mean he could very well have QJ, and that is just unlucky for us. As played, you kinda dont beat anything on the turn, but we block some of what he "should" have so it is possible he is turning some sort of made hand into a bluff,... really tough spot. fold is imo ever so slightly better than raise (he didnt push if my math is right,... right? i mean that is kinda scary too that he doesnt shove the turn, idk how to react to that). personally i think you played the hand kinda backwards. I mean it depends on what you mean based off your read? what stake? how aggro? that could change my opinion here
qft