2010 Year Of The Tiger And Dn

Today marks the Chinese New Year, auspiciously beginning on Valentine's Day. I clicked on a link telling me all about the tiger in Chinese astrology. People born in 1974 are Tigers, so this is their year. Here are a few other details:THE TIGER IN CHINESE ASTROLOGY - ATTRIBUTES & ASSOCIATIONS 2010 - Year of the White TigerThe Tiger (associated with good fortune, power, and royalty), is viewed with both fear and respect; hence, their protection and wisdom is sought after.Position in the Zodiac: 3rdChinese Name: HuRuling Hours: 3:00 am - 4:59 amSeason/Month: Winter/FebruaryGemstone: SapphireLucky Color: GreenLucky Numbers: 2, 3Polarity: Yang (Male)Fixed Element: Wood (But in 2010 - Metal)Positive Traits: Agile natural leaders, alert, energetic, independent, far-sighted, charming, friendly, well-liked, loyal, intelligent, confident, courageous, powerful, strong, self-reliant, sacrificing, optimistic, relentlessly competitive, good strategists and tacticiansNegative Traits: Unpredictable, vain, distrustful, impatient, impulsive, quick-tempered, quarrelsome, rebellious, tend to risk their luck too often, often disregard others, are sensititive to criticism and have difficulty keeping their restless nature under controlAssociated with Following Countries: Russia, Rumania, (how weird is that?) Spain, Turkey, El Salvador, North Korea Ideal Careers for Tigers: Music, Acting, Writing, Advertising, Management, Aviation, Travel, Entrepreneur, PoliticsThe sign of the Tiger is associated with money. So, it's always nice to know that you can relax and keep your money safe (especially when the tiger's looking after it!)TIGERS LOVE:successto be themselvescomfort, though not too luxuriousbig parties, shindigs, and surprisesflattery, appreciation, and recognition of their prowessspending money and buying top quality things they can affordhonesty in others and themselveschange and anything novel or unusuala challegerunning the showEveryone needs a dog to adore him, and a tiger to bring him back to reality." (Anonymous)"When a man wants to murder a tiger, it's called sport; when the tiger wants to murder him it's called ferocity." -- George Bernard Shaw "In each human heart are a tiger, a pig, an ass and a nightingale. Diversity of character is due to their unequal activity." -- Ambrose Bierce"Better to live one year as a tiger, than a hundred as a sheep." -- Tibetan proverbTiger Eye is quartz that contains oriented fibres of crocidolite that have been replaced by silica. The Tiger Eye is also said to have certain mystical powers used to focus the mind, strengthen one's confidence and conviction, protect one during travel and provide soothing benefits those who are weak and ill. This gemstone was thought to be "all seeing" (due to its appearance) and was often worn by Roman soldiers to protect them in battle.Gong hee fat choi (Happy New Year)!

Rawr...GayTiger.jpg
What in the living, breathing, puking hell is THAT?????Winner of the Ugliest Gay Hillbilly Furvert contest? [Edit: oh, I see now those are "fangs," not "sole remaining teeth," as I first thought. Muuuuch better.]
Rawr...GayTiger.jpg
Once you have no chest hair, it's just a couple of slips down the slope until you're here ^^^
  • 3 weeks later...
16 March 2010, 4:02 pmRealKidPoker: I did it! I survived through a laser hair removal on my chest. Hurt like hell but I made it. I feel so accomplished!
Sigh...I tried to warn him.