Yup.Set mining doesn't work very well at 6max, and tight players tend to fold too much
How much fold equity do you think you have against an UTG open?
How much fold equity do you think you have against an UTG open?
Initially PF not very much... on the flop and the turn, a LOT. I hope you're referring to short handedness btw.Just keep in mind that if we even break even from folds and showdown losses (or 2 barrel give ups) then we still profit plenty when we do hit our sets (since 3betting doesn't change the frequency of us hitting sets). It also solves the whole mess of trying to maximize your implied odds OOP in a fairly small pot against a player who is unwilling to put a ton of money in OOP. In addition it also takes care of the catch 22 you get into of incorrect folds you make when he just cbets his wiffed high cards, or money you spew peeling a street against a higher pair.edt: if you believe all this is nonsense do yourself a favor and take a sample of all your 3bet pots where you actually flop a hand you'll play aggro (for value or whatnot). Then I want you to take inventory of how many of these pots actually make it to showdown... i bet it's less than 40%.

If that 5k hand sample you posted of you folding like 22% from the blinds or w/e is at all accurate, that is a monstrous leak. You are losing all implied value with your medium strength hands and just turning hands into bluffs. Do you 3bet AT there? Do you fire 3 barrels on Axx? Is it for value? What about the times we flat 88 and then we can c/c a street or two. You are taking away all bluffcatching ability and then you find yourself in a terrible spot OOP where you end up betting a medium strength hand for unknown reasons. You cbet 88 on 267 or 45T or something and he raises? Now what?Also against any kind of thinking player it is suicide any deeper than 100bbs

Taking a hand that plays well in a single raised pot and 3 betting it so you are in a bloated pot oop vs an UTG open is a huge leak.If you are going to 3 bet light vs an UTG open it's much better to do it with KTo or A3s then a hand like 88.

If that 5k hand sample you posted of you folding like 22% from the blinds or w/e is at all accurate...
I'm not certain you have the right sample... the 5k one was rush poker and I'm done playing with that experiment now that there's no bonus to clear. Here are my actual positional stats over the last 16k hands or so:Button 31.5/29.51 26/252 21.9/213 18.4/18.3BB 20/15.7SB 34.1/31.9I'd like to add my leaks are actually playing too loose in the CO and Hijack, which is where I'm hemorrhaging money ATM... it could be a result of the particularly bad run I'm on, but I'm fairly certain I'm opening too wide from these positions.Overall the game is running at 25.95/24.05/3.24 wit a 3ball of 14.94
You cbet 88 on 267 or 45T or something and he raises? Now what?
Depends on the dynamic honestly... each type of player tends to react to the aggression differently. It's just a matter of figuring out if you need to stack off ultra-super light or virtually never. There are a few thinking regs I simply won't hit the gas against anymore because they actually do what they're supposed to... play back lighter preflop. You can't pull this game off on everybody forever obviously, but it usually takes quite a hand sample for someone to adjust, and then when you notice someone has adjusted you switch gears against that particular opponent (usually I fall back on TAG because it becomes hugely profitable to play that game while someone feels you have a loose image).I think that "hero call" with AK in the other thread is a good example. That particular player had shown a pattern of slowplaying value hands... so when he raised, he was often on an air/draw/low pair type range that I easily have the equity to stack off against.Other players will just call you down with any medium strength piece of the board. This pretty much means you need to fire something that beats mid pair no kicker for value... sometimes you show up behind obv but on average you won't.A ton of players get scared and don't quite figure out you're not on some "hot run". They'll often float the flop and give up if they don't get TP/TK or better by the turn.It takes a ton of practice, and it certainly isn't easy to pick up on right away, but the reality is that players do not often face this type of aggression so they have trouble responding to it.
plus one
and bluffing is a bad thing? I'm sorry I never read a rule that said my profit has to come from showdown pots:showdown-nonshowdown.jpgsame sampleand like I said, I'm running pretty badequity.jpgand yes, I know that equity is not all there is to a bad run... but draws missing a shitton, being on the wrong side of KK and AA, and being on the wrong side of set over set has been a frequent factor in this sample as wellfinally, all in all, if the exact same winrate is achievable playing this way or TAG, I still rake more
and bluffing is a bad thing? I'm sorry I never read a rule that said my profit has to come from showdown pots:
Trying to bluff an UTG raiser when you are oop in games where people don't fold that often? Yeah, it's pretty bad.
showdown-nonshowdown.jpgsame sampleand like I said, I'm running pretty badequity.jpgand yes, I know that equity is not all there is to a bad run... but draws missing a shitton, being on the wrong side of KK and AA, and being on the wrong side of set over set has been a frequent factor in this sample as wellfinally, all in all, if the exact same winrate is achievable playing this way or TAG, I still rake more
I think you probably put way too much stock in how you "run".

I didn't plus one to the fact that bluffing was bad. I agreed with the idea that turning decent/medium-strength hands into bluffs was bad. There are times to do it...like on the river when you know your pair won't win at SD, but not so much pf or even otf.