SB, probably like 50% of the clothes we see will never be worn in the real world. I don't see that as a major flaw. All that matters is if it looks good (yes that's exactly what you're saying it doesn't look (except probably with better sentence structure))When Mila and Jay are at their best, I like them more than Seth and Emilio. Actually, I don't like Seth that much. He's the same as Mila in that they both have a very unique point of view except he's proven to be more consistent about it. I just don't particularly care for what he puts out. Emilio showed today when he puts together his best effort what he can do.I'm excited for the final. Very glad they decided to judge Mila and Jay on their collections. I'd probably rather one of them win than Emilio the dick or Seth the umm. The one I just don't care for as a designer. I'm sure Emilio will come through though.I did find Jay's effort to be particularly ugly. Mila's work wasn't exactly a rose garden either. Both of them seemed to rehash other looks from earlier in the season.As always, it's quite interesting to see how they will all do with no parameters other than priceoh yea. somehow I forgot to watch this week. caught up tonight.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm happy with this outcome (I'm sure some of you aren't). I think both did a great great job. Maybe they had more going since they knew they might not show. Jay's was good as I expected but as the judges said, his just seemed too busy. He's very hit or miss. Sometimes even within the same look. I'm sure his collection would be very hit or miss as well so I don't think we missed out on a winner. Mila's might be.I'm quite interested to see Seth and Emilio's. Especially since supposedly they both changed so much from what we saw when Tim was there. I was NOT impressed with Emilio's at all. His designs looked ugly (they looked very plain and colours were mismatched) and that one goldish/greenish/slightly pukish colour he was all into was quite horrid.Can Seth really show 24 looks or whatever it was? That would be insane.

I'm happy with this outcome (I'm sure some of you aren't). I think both did a great great job. Maybe they had more going since they knew they might not show. Jay's was good as I expected but as the judges said, his just seemed too busy. He's very hit or miss. Sometimes even within the same look. I'm sure his collection would be very hit or miss as well so I don't think we missed out on a winner. Mila's might be.I'm quite interested to see Seth and Emilio's. Especially since supposedly they both changed so much from what we saw when Tim was there. I was NOT impressed with Emilio's at all. His designs looked ugly (they looked very plain and colours were mismatched) and that one goldish/greenish/slightly pukish colour he was all into was quite horrid.Can Seth really show 24 looks or whatever it was? That would be insane.
Agree completely on Emilio. Also didn't like his attitude about making clothes for clients, not the judges. Who wants to wear a foily spraypaint biker jacket? Super tacky.Seth's looked very Seth. I would like a bit more colour. He is kinda like a second rate Jeffrey (remember the punky guy who won a previous season?) in my view, since Jeffrey managed to use punk without being completely one-note, one-genre, monochrome like Seth. I also noticed in the flashback montage that Seth's jacket in the last challenge (Circus) was almost identical to the one he did earlier in the season that we all liked. He should have been called out on that. I wonder if we will see a similar jacket in his collection, i.e. elbow length sleeve, poofy shoulders, high collar, zip to one side, black and white striped.As you know already, I am not happy that Mila got in. How boring that her entire collection is black and white stripes. That sure will be a feast for the eyes.... not. I don't find her innovative, cutting edge, imaginative, exciting, or anything else like that. It's just a boring, samey, retro throwback monochrome blahfest. Jay's collection didn't look amazing but far more interesting and modern. The purple dress was great, I loved those 'gators' or whatever they called them - this stuff was unique, new to me, distinctive, inspiring. I didn't care for the silver top and the jacket they hated wasn't fantastic, but this was just 3 pieces, and it made me want to see the rest of his collection, whereas with Mila I don't need to see it to know what it is. Overall I don't think Mila has a shot at winning. Seth Aaron is doing black and white graphic, and he does it way better than her. It's betwen Seth and Emilio. I am looking forward to seeing their collections, hopefully they both changed it up from this episode, especially Emilio. I would like Emilio to win, but not with the stuff we saw in this episode which was too old fashioned and in the wrong colours.

I won't spoil the finale since I'm not sure LG has had a chance to see it yet. I will say that Mila's collection was not at all surprising, but it was far more appealing than I expected. It was really very nice. She had some serious misfires during the competition, but she got her groove back for the finale.

I'll need to go back and watch again or see the photos because I missed the first twenty minutes (and Seth Aaron's collection) and sometimes it's hard to take in everything just with one look. I didn't quite see what was so great about Emilio's. I would've ranked his third. Some of his colour picks were great. Some were not. I suppose it was more simple but very well done. And that can sometimes look "worse" than something like Mila or Seth put out.Anyway, I couldn't really pick between Mila or Seth since I hadn't seen Seth's walk down. I saw the little flashbacks they do. It seemed quite close to me. Both had some very on. Both had some not so on. Seemed like either could've won and I'd be ok with it.I dont think LG will open this thread before watching. yes it took me over 10 minutes to type this. I'm watching the reunion. Ron Mexico. Eat your heart out

Okay before I read what you've said I want to get my thoughts out:Mila:1. Is it fair that she got feedback from the judges i.e. on styling which then made a big impact on her show? The other 2 didn't get any criticism like that, it seems like a real advantage which isn't fair since she wasn't even a priority finalist2. I loved a few pieces: the jumper with weird frilly bits coming out, the white t-shirt with stripes, the purply dress with a black croptop thing over.3. Everything else was kinda boring and predictable for me. I don't go for monochrome Mondrian as we all know. The shiny bits were tacky. It wasn't exciting.Seth Aaron:1. Some nice use of colour which surprised me. The yellow plaid coat, red dress etc were highlights.2. I didn't think it was a Hot Topic and cheap looking as his usual stuff, which is good. Less punky, a bit more sophisticated. VERY different from what he did in the challenges, which confuses me.Emilio:1. Love the esosa print. 2. Love the use of colour.3. Super sophisticated, very wearable, and yet not stuff you see everyday or on the high street.4. I don't mind the supposed 'lack of showmanship', it was high quality, beautiful and that made it interesting rather than going costumey or unconventional.5. One thing I hated was the foily spraypaint miniskirt with crotch pockets, I wished the model would take her hands out but she didn't. It looked dumb.My ranking:1. Emilio2. Seth Aaron3. Mila(Note: I wrote the above as I watched the judges discussion, so I didn't know the results yet)Now I'm looking at the photos of the collections and in hindsight a lot of Emilio's looks didn't thrill me. If I go through each look and give it a score I'll come up with an overall score for each, ok?p.s. Click the names to see the runway photos for each collection.Seth: Look 1 - Red dress. I find the cut around the bust unflattering and the proportions seem off. I don't get what the flaps on the shoulders are. Otherwise a bold and unusual look - 7Look 2 - Houndstooth suit. Well made and flattering. The visible black boning is a nice detail - 8Look 3 - Silky dress. Nice mix of patterns. The vinyl leggings are overdone in fashion now. It has a good shape but with bare legs I question if it would look right, it would probably be far too short in the front - 6Look 4 - Fifties style dress. I like the print. The whole sewing up a stripe to make an A-line shape is pretty overdone. I don't like the fit around the bust/neckline, either drape or don't drape - 6Look 5 - Crazy dress. This is like BDSM secretary. Far too much for me. Pencil skirt + vinyl = dominatrix. The red and black palette emphasises that impression - 4Look 6 - Yellow plaid coat. I love this. Very wearable, nice colours, very flattering - 9Look 7 - Yellow plaid trousers and quilted coat. I hate this. Those trousers make her legs look wider, the fabric which is so lovely as a coat looks tacky in this context, and the shiny quilted coat looks like something I see elderly people on the bus wearing - 4Look 8 - Mixed pattern dress with vinyl bow. This is smart yet cute. Shinyness is used more sparingly here so it doesn't look cheap. I don't like whatever is going on at the neck, but chop that off and change the tights and it becomes wearable - 8Look 9 - Shiny silver check coat. Very smart. Shiny but sophisticated. Elegant proportions -8Look 10 - Purple puffy dress. Too costumey and unwearable - 4Overall score out of 100: 64Notable looks: Looks 1, 5, 6, 7, 10seth1.jpgseth5.jpgseth2.jpgseth4.jpgseth3.jpgMila: Look 1 - Stripey jacket. I like the silhouette and it is striking. I just don't see it as a wearable piece, formally or casually - 6Look 2 - Mixed patterns dress with coat. The dress is a boring silhouette and too simple an idea - I prefer Seth's use of mixed patterns in his look 8 dress. I liked the coat but it wasn't much of a statement - 6Look 3 - Sweater dress. Looks like something I could buy on the high street right now. Nothing special or interesting - 5Look 4 - Ugly patchy black coat. This is super ugly - 3Look 5 - Geometricky shift tank top. The fabric looks so cheap, like recycled tires. This looks like a uniform for people working in a car manufacturing factory. The different coloured wristwarmers are so tacky and Hot Topic - 2Look 6 - Mohair and vinyl sweater-tank top with shiny mini. The shiny bits look cheap, especially the sequinny mini. I don't like the purple tights as a styling choice, or the fingerless gloves. Not a fan of this look - 4Look 7 - Frilled jumper with capris. I love this sweater/jumper, the frills on it moved like anemones under the sea. Shame she restrained them with the strap from the bag. I don't like the pairing with capri trousers either, but it doesn't offend me - 7Look 8 - Stripey top. A very simple look, maybe that's why it works so well. Not exactly unique or innovative but highly wearable - 7Look 9 - Purply striped dress with black croptop thing. I dig the pattern in the dress, the way it doesn't line up in the middle. I especially like the way at the top it looks like a faux-collar. The black croptop thing isn't wearable in this state, but I like the concept and say the dress was in pastel or netural colours with the croptop thing in a soft tan leather, that could be super cute. I also hate purple and think the dress fabric looks cheap, so maybe I am marking this for it's potential more than how it actually looks, but whatever - 7Look 10 - Can tab dress. Ok this isn't really tabs from coke cans, but doesn't it look like that? The whole style and design of this is such a 60s throwback that I can't consider it an original design whatsoever - 5Overall score out of 100: 52Notable looks: Looks 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9mila1.jpgmila2.jpgmila3.jpgmila4.jpgmila5.jpgEmilio: Look 1 - Olivey coloured coat. We don't like this colour, I know. But I love the cut and design of this coat and it is super flattering. Also dig the dress underneath with the coold ESOSA print - 8Look 2 - Red dress. I have a dress VERY similar to this in a raspberry pink with wider belt. This is clearly a very wearable, but simple dress, marked down for lack of uniqueness - 6Look 3 - Blue coat. Very individual, flattering, memorable, a little bit dated but style in a sophisticated way so it works - 8Look 4 - Red coat with square buttons. The buttons are cute, the rest of the coat is simple but charming. I like the dress under though it is a bit too short. Only quibble really is I don't like the shiny blue lining visible on the collar - 6Look 5 - Voluminous black and gold suitdress. Not something I would wear but I think it is chic and distinctive - 6Look 6 - Blue clingy dress. This looks cheap to me, the silhouette is very simple, I don't like the way it gathers at the neck, not a strong look - 4Look 7 - Polo neck with black skirt. An odd look for me. It would look really cool on some people, I just find the aesthetic too simple and blocky, the skirt too blah - 5Look 8 - Jacket with print shirt. I dig this look. Again, very simple and wearable, but the print on the shirt gives it that pop of interest and colour. The cut of everything is very flattering and chic - 7Look 9 - Foily print miniskirt with black coat - I like the coat a lot for just a wearable, nicely cut coat, with a cool lining to boot. As I said before, I hate the skirt with the crotch pockets - 6 Look 10 - Green and gold gown. Very high impact, beautiful and glamorous. The metal belt goes perfectly. I could see any Hollywood lady wearing this to an awards ceremony - 9 Overall score out of 100: 65Notable looks: Looks 1, 2, 3, 9 and 10emilio4.jpgemilio5.jpgemilio1.jpgemilio2.jpgemilio3.jpgSo with my individual scorings it comes outEmilio - 65Seth - 64Mila - 52A very close race, with the gown from Emilio inching a win over Seth. In the end my ranking is the same as before, but it is so close between Seth and Emilio that I can't feel too disappointed that Seth won.

Look 4 - Ugly patchy black coat. This is super ugly - 3
Your post is quite good in that it'll give me something to do for an hour (at least) at some point later. Btw, the above look was my favourite. Seth's yellow plaid was up there with this one. My two best.Oh. And after the reunion thing...which I didn't watch...they showed the show again so I saw what I missed. I think Seth wins in my book.
Your post is quite good in that it'll give me something to do for an hour (at least) at some point later. Btw, the above look was my favourite. Seth's yellow plaid was up there with this one. My two best.Oh. And after the reunion thing...which I didn't watch...they showed the show again so I saw what I missed. I think Seth wins in my book.
Yeah my post came out really long, sorry about that.Someone pointed out on another site that Seth Aaron's inspiration was "1940s German military"... as in Nazis?? I didn't make the connection before, but umm that isn't really cool. Also, none of his stuff read military or German/Russian, and not much of it seemed all that 40s either. Also Faith Hill asa guest judge was such an anti climax. She isn't notable for her style, who cares what her opinion is?

I thought the same thing about 1940s German inspiration ... uh, you were inspired by Nazis? I wouldn't admit that if I were Seth Aaron. The Pacific Northwest already has too many white supremacists and kooks running around. Why not say World War II and leave it at that?Faith Hill? Why? She added absolutely nothing to the discussion and was so often captured on camera looking confused that it seemed she didn't even know how to judge. Meryl freaking Streep was dressed by a Project Runway alumnus. Surely they could have gotten a bigger, more fashion-savvy star.I don't have nearly as much fashion knowledge as Lady Grey, but I was disappointed by Emilio's collection. His colors and the way he put them together just didn't appeal to me very much. It reminded me of Rami, whose color choices were savaged by the judges a few seasons ago. I disagreed then, because they seemed to want him to adopt an American palette. If you've ever seen Indian clothing, you know not all the world shares the narrow American palette. This year, they left Emilio alone for his color choices, which was good, but they just didn't appeal to me personally. I'm not saying that makes them bad, just that it didn't win me over. The gown was great, I loved the print, the rest was meh for me.I admit I like the reality show aspect of it, too. I loved the first season's reunion show, where they were drinking champagne on camera. A few got visibly drunk and it was super-bitchy and funny. With the exception of Santino's Tim Gunn impressions, all the other reunion shows have been polite and boring. This one went like a group therapy session. It struck me, though, that not a single person seemed to like Mila. She didn't make a single friend except her model Brandise, who seemed from the model show to be just as cold and haughty as Mila. And I was reminded, damn, Ping is weird, but I love her glasses.

I think this was a great finale. All three designers did a really great job I thought, and I also thought the judges picked the correct winner. (I could probably say more, but I'm trying to save run some time.)

I was very, very happy to see Seth Aaron win. He was my favorite (in terms of personality) and it was great to see the nice guy who works really, really hard win.Before the runway, I had been impressed with Jay. After the reunion show, I find him repellent, and have a deep reservoir of respect for Mila. I'm not her biggest fan, and don't want to sound like I've appointed myself her defender...but...I think she's a professional. She's 40, and has been working steadily as a stylist for years. She can take criticism, and use it to her best advantage. I don't think she's ever going to be a warm, outgoing human being. She has a strong point of view, she can work with people she doesn't particularly like, and she can resist taking cheap shots when they're being lobbed her way.

I don't mind the long post. In fact, I like it. gives me something to do. Only took like 15 minutes though.Anyway, I know Emilio made his clothes very well but the whole esosa thing is not working for me at all. It looks like a leopard print. very bad. The blue coat which you have featured looks like a cut up snuggie. technically all his stuff might be the best. I'm generally a fan of simple and using strong colours but it didn't work for me. definitely not a winner in my book.I do agree that Mila going with "shiny" did not work. Also, I think she should've picked a different colour than this muted dark purple. if she had used the snuggie coat colour instead, that would've helped a lot. see http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r4/runt...r/S7E9-Mila.jpg .I kept forgetting to mention the whole nazi thing. luckily he did mention german and russian. I can see where that inspiration was put into the clothes (most especially in the red riding/cape look) I think it worked. Though, his plaid yellow coat look felt more cold war to me than WWII. I can't remember if I mentioned it before but I agree wholeheartedly about the plaid yellow pants. so horrible. shame because the coat seems nice.all I know is when I first saw them, I thought all three collections were very good. the more I look, the less I like them. so I'm going to stop looking.

• 6 months later...
Interesting that there was no thread for the most recent Season that just wrapped. I didn't even know it was on until about 4 weeks into the Season. It turned out to be a very good season.
except they all kinda blew in the final