What a disappointment! I thought this challenge would be great, producing lots of colourful interesting garments. Instead it was most dark greys and tan colours - are these people stupid?! My ranking this week:1. Anthony - This was the clear standout. Eye-catching colour, unusual (in a good way) design, flattering, very appropriate.2. Ben - An innovative dress, perhaps not sexy enough for Heidi, and the colours look a little too mature, could be brighter.3. Emilio - I felt it looked too much like lingerie (especially with the strap things), but purely for the colour choice and the excellent fit it beats out most of the garments this weekMost of the outfits were TOO BLAND and NOT COLOURFUL enough. It annoyed the shit out of me. I can't even rank these ones, they all fall into that category of completely wrong for the challenge, what the hell!>??!!??!?!Seth - Dark grey shiny suit? This isn't the Financial Times, it's Marie ClareMila - Ill-fitting, boring, terrible colour choices, I thought she should have been in the bottom.Maya - Bad colours, weird cut, doesn't look well made, ruff thing is interesting potentially.Jonathan - Love the romper and it looked great in motion, but sooooo wrong for the challenge, horrible colour like a used teabag, weird knot thing at the waist is weird. This would be very sexy for a lingerie type challenge in a better colour.Jesse - Dark dark dark. Detail at the waist is nice but the colour is too dark! Silhouette/cut is boring.Jay - What?! This isn't Bohemian Bride magazine. Could have been cute in a nice teal or emerald colour or something, the length would be lost on the cover though.Janeane - Ugh. This is like a bridesmaids dress. The bolero thing just looks poorly made and like it doesn't belong. Too plain, not modern, just ugh.Amy - They said not to use a print so why use a print? Idiot. This dress is so remedial - it's like making a skirt from silk handkerchiefs and wearing it around the bust with a sash tied under the bosom to hold it up. Throw on a corsage and you have a whole lot of ugly. It's also too dark and generally UGLY.Anna - Nice colour choice, but they were right that it's too young looking for Marie Claire and not fitted enough to suit Heidi. That said, I thought they should have kept her in because her execution was good, and her outfit was cuter than a lot of the others. At least she used colour!I would have thrown Janeane out for sure. Mila would have been bottom 2.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a disappointment! I thought this challenge would be great, producing lots of colourful interesting garments. Instead it was most dark greys and tan colours - are these people stupid?! Most of the outfits were TOO BLAND and NOT COLOURFUL enough. It annoyed the shit out of me. I can't even rank these ones, they all fall into that category of completely wrong for the challenge, what the hell!>??!!??!?!
When the Marie Claire woman gave them such specific advice - USE COLORS for example - I thought, how nice, they usually don't get such specific direction from the judges. How so many of them produced TAN dresses in this challenge is a total mystery.
When the Marie Claire woman gave them such specific advice - USE COLORS for example - I thought, how nice, they usually don't get such specific direction from the judges. How so many of them produced TAN dresses in this challenge is a total mystery.
They were also told that the shot would likely be cropped at the waist, so put all the "wow" at the neck. Very few of them did that. Several of them just clearly didn't listen.Although the results were not impressive this week, I thought the judgine was near-perfect. In a vacuum, Ben's dress might have been a tad more interesting, but for Heidi's body (i.e., cleavage) and coloring, Anthony's was better. Clearly numbers one and a close two, just as the judges had them. Emilio's was spot-on for the challenge, but not as good as the other two -- number three, just as they had him. Mila, Janeane, and Anna were the worst, with Mila being saved from the bottom two only because hers was merely lousy, while the other two were craptastic.

too lazy to respond to your guys' posts. you're all fabulousAmy - Anthony - Ben - EmilioS7E6-Amy.jpgS7E6-Anthony.jpgS7E6-Ben.jpgS7E6-Emilio.jpgJaneane - Jay - Jesse - JonathanS7E6-Janeane.jpgS7E6-Jay.jpgS7E6-Jesse.jpgS7E6-Jonathan.jpgMaya - Mila - SethS7E6-Maya.jpgS7E6-Mila.jpgS7E6-Seth.jpgI think this challenge threw everybody. Nobody was really "on". Though one thing that was nice as MK would probably say "lot of separates this week"Its so hard to judge these because of the kid looks. I'm probably focusing more on the adult look and how the kid look turns into the adultI'm not always remembering to do my tiers but there's no "top" tier this week. just goodGoodsJesse - I think the whole little red riding hood thing and the adult version with the hint of red is quite nice. Jesse's best work (and that probably won't change). love the shoes.Seth - that jacket is pretty great. I don't know how to judge the kid look but I think that kid would turn into that woman.Ben - very understated and simple but done very well.Not BadsJay - I'm not as high on this as the judges (obviously). the looks are good together but it's only this high for me because nothing else was that goodMila - I give her the nod over Emilio because she shows herself more whereas Em just plays the game. he's good at the game though. the jacket was quite nice. not that interesting though. kid look was not good. not goodEmilio - the "mom" (couldn't we call them older sisters? well in a few cases they do look like moms) is very hot. that might be because they have models wearing these clothes. pink with pink. oh Em. imagine if they only did the one look.Not quite bad but not so goodsMaya - this little girl is the same person at 18 that she was at 8. it's not copy the look. it's make it the same person 10-15 years laterAnthony - he was just lostBaddiesJonathan - please go back to Seductress/Vampire/Goth looksJaneane - deserved to go home. as they said, it did not look like $50. very matchy matchy. it was a mix of Emilio with the simple, Maya with the matching. it just wasn't good.Amy - is hideous worse than boring? the only thing that was Amy was the sweater. those colours can work together but one of them has to be a trim. both can't be dominant. maybe she should have made the top with the pedals. I dunno. just forget it and move on to next week

The Good:JESSE: Very interesting kids look. To be honest, the off kilter details throw me off a bit. I get what he was trying to do, and it is interesting, but it just looks like the dress is wonky or not put on correctly. The colours are gorgeous, the coat and dress generally are adorable, and the adult look is a very cool, well-made adaptation. I found these looks more innovative than Seth Aaron's except for his jacket, so for me Jesse would have been a deserving winner.SETH AARON: Can I just say, I don't love the kids look. Design to me is not "throw as many grommets and zips onto punky fabrics as you can". The judges say they haven't seen this kind of thing, but maybe that's because they shop at designer stores rather than Hot Topic and Claire's Accessories. This girl just looks like a mini Avril Lavigne. I like the watermelon-type pockets but I'm not sure if that's what they are supposed to look like or if he got a subliminal idea from the watermelon printed t-shirt he was wearing that day. He had a good idea with making the purse though, I commend that. And the adult look is excellent. The jacket is so modern and unique, I really haven't seen anything like it. It's got some punkiness to it but without being teenager-at-the-mall like some of his previous looks. There is a great combination of edginess and sophistication. I'd like to see more garments along these lines from him, but I doubt he could consistently produce this calibre of design. The styling with the hair really works, too. The jacket alone wins the challenge for me, without that I give it to Jesse.JAY: A very classy look. The colours are quite dark for kids clothes, but they really suit the girl which is a real benefit. The adult looks is less appealing to me. The frills on the top spoil the models figure and the top is too short for me, I don't want to see skin between the top and trousers. The trousers are fine, nothing special but they shouldn't be with such a statement top as it would have been overkill.BEN: The girl's dress is pretty and sweet but not very interesting. I do like the choice of colour for her. The adult look is very cool and has subtle details that add interest to a simple structure. I don't see a lot of correlation between the two looks though. I would have liked to see the girl in a similar blue, or with a similar colour-blocked effect to tie the looks together.ANTHONY: Cute little dress for the girl though it looks a little low cut, I can't tell if there is some layer beneath the print or not. The downside: Very traditional and predictable, not pushing any boundaries, not 'designy'. Very safe. The adult look is a nice, flattering look, again pretty and safe.The Bad:EMILIO: The princess pink dress for the girl is so boring and obvious, and not only that but it swamps her, it looks way to big around the waist. The colour isn't very flattering for her tanned skintone either. She would have looked gorgeous in an emerald green or a rich red or something. The adult look is a very classy, nicely tailored dress, but the colour is not very wearable. I can dig pink, but this shade of pink is too candyfloss, no adult woman would wear this except Barbie.JONATHAN: That little girl was a bitch for saying the bolero was digging in. I don't think the yellow suits her much. The organdy details on her dress kinda don't fit in to me compared to the almost art deco, very sharp effect of the white strip at the bottom with black trim. The bolero and the frills just throw that aspect off and result in a confusing piece. It can't decide whether to be modern or girly, and the result is a bit of a mess. The adult look is perhaps too voluminous so you lose the model's figure. I dig the petals, but think he should have done just the skirt portion with them, added a black sash to define the waist, and kept the top half simple in either black or white. That would have made it more flattering and wearable.MILA: The girls dress looks more clownish than Amy's trousers to me. The big black pockets bother me, but mostly this dress is so simple - it's like a sack, no form or structure, just a cone of fabric with holes cut out for the head and arms. It's cute to have leggings with a dress like that, but the nineties-style colour combination of green, pink, and black & white is just too loud and brash. The colours don't flatter the little girl, and she would stand out like a sore thumb on the playground, purely for looking so bizarre. The adult look is better, with a nice jacket and simple trousers, but I need to see something other than colour-blocking from Mila. What seemed clever and modern before now looks like a cop-out safe bet. I want to see more originality and creativity, not the same black and white jacket every week.The Ugly:MAYA: Banana skins. The little girl jacket is so impractical and loose-fitting, I know it's intentional but I don't like the design. The adult look is just a bit weird, with these boring trousers and a bare midriff which I hate. The big flaps of leather hanging around the neckline add even more banana-skinness to it. The only thing I dig about this look is the use of turquoise accessories, which works with the yellow very nicely.JANEANE: The little girls look is cheap looking. How did she spend so long making something so simple? The leggings are kinda weird with the print, it almost looks like a skeleton print with the patellas and what not, which actually would have been cooler. I don't think this is necessarily a Halloweeny colour combo like Tim said, I think the colour is quite complimentary for the little girl. The adult look is very weak. The print top is kinda cool, but the trousers are just the plainest trousers you could buy in Walmart, and the jacket is so poorly made and ugly. The right person to go home.AMY: I actually really dig the colours. Blue and orange DO go together, no idea why the judges said they don't - haven't they ever heard of contrasting colours? I also like the petals effect, but it was a HUGE mistake to use them as trousers, that's just too much look. As a shorter skirt or maybe as a strapless dress those petals could have looked much less clownish. I hate the kids look though. I hate skirts with trousers, and those trousers are horrible, flared at the shin? Why? The skirt could have been cute but the stripeyness of the colours made the petal shapes blend in, spoiling the effect, and the petals looked crumpled too like they should have been steamed. I don't like the sweater with the cut off showing her little girl potbelly that almost all girls have at that age. The proportions don't work, it's cutting her up at the underbust, waist, thigh and calf.... just too much going on. Hideous. I don't mind the adult look so much compared to the kid look. So cute the way the kid defended her though.

Haven't seen this week's episode yet, but I had to say: "Shoot me" after watching the preview. I am in the "childless by choice" category of life, and intend to stay there. Not having been around children, I don't have the psychological antibodies to tolerate them. For the most part, they just aren't cute to me - and the more precocious (loud) they become, the less cute they are to me. Frankly, they stress me out. When I go to a decent restaurant (> Outback) or the bar, the very last thing I want to hear is the squeaky voices of children. Seeing them invade the Project Runway workroom made my stress level go up just watching the preview. I know that I am in the vast minority, and that women are obviously the market for fashion, and somewhat inevitably women do tend to be more "biologically driven" towards parenthood (not being sexist nor derogatory, I just think that the biological triggers are stronger for women), and furthermore Heidi is a mother and pregnant during the season, so she probably influenced the decisions regarding challenges, but I just don't think I'm going to enjoy his episode very much. Probably doesn't matter, since I'm not in their target market. However, looking at the designs, it does appear that there are some decent results.

At first I thought I would have given the win to Jesse. It's exactly as LG said -- this is his best, and that probably won't change. But on a second look this morning, Seth deserved it because his adult jacket is really killer. However, shouldn't the kid's outfit be the deciding factor? Jesse's asymmetrical stuff didn't quite work. Tough call, but like LG, without the jacket, Jesse wins. With the jacket, Seth Aaron does.Amy should have gone home, because her look was a hot steaming mess, a big ole bag of ass, craptastic, etc.. She stayed only because she's capable of better, and Janeane isn't.

I have a strong bias towards Jesse because he is hot, looks like my ex boyfriend and he is from Orlando. HOWEVER... Seth Aaron deserved the win and not for the adult look but for the kids look.Though Jesse's look was sophisticated and would appeal more to an adult, Seth Aaron's look really embodied what a little girl would want. It was bold, graphic and bright with shiny details and it had a purse! Yes, a purse is extremely important when you are 6 years old because it is nothing that you need but it makes you feel special. Seth Aaron knew his client and that is why he deserved the win. Also, that was a freaking cool jacket he made for the mom. I would wear that in a heart beat. Anyway... I am hoping you all are wrong that this is Jesse's best look. I like the whole WWII modernized aesthetic that he is doing. Based on the talent of the field, I think he will be there to the final 5 or 6 (they may give him one or 2 get out of jail free cards because he is young, hot and straight... I think the show is coveting that new character- i.e. Logan from last season.)

• 2 weeks later...

Amy - Anthony - Ben - EmilioS7E7-Amy.jpgS7E7-Anthony.jpgS7E7-Ben.jpgS7E7-Emilio.jpgJay - Jesse - JonathanS7E7-Jay.jpgS7E7-Jesse.jpgS7E7-Jonathan.jpgMaya - Mila - SethS7E7-Maya.jpgS7E7-Mila.jpgS7E7-Seth.jpgThe EliteJay - You could build a line around this look. Contender for the best entry in any week in PR history.Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job!Mila - She's different. Her stuff generally stands out in a good way. One of her better entries. I'd like to see what she puts together for a linePassing GradeJonathan - yeaMaya - a bit too Aeon Fluxy for me. Overrated by the judges. Very smart to have the focus on the accessory.Amy - she's kinda quirky. but very subtle. not enough ooomph sometimes.Come See MeAnthony - at least it didn't look horribleSeth - This is more Hershey's Kiss than Jesse's. LG your comments last week hit the nail on the head. oh wait. maybe that was seth aaron.Ben - Speaking of candy, I feel like having a RoloEmilio - Actually just send your model over. I'll give her the news.Jesse - Usually with this model, I'd say I gotta find me a woman like that but this week there wasn't a good photograph of her. Despite having an unnatural like for Jesse's girl, I couldn't push this one up. Jesse just did a bad job.

Keyboard died so brief comments using onscreen keyboard:Ben or Seth should've been bottom, not Jesse.Emilio 100% should have gone - wtf? Absolute bullshit.Mila's dress is mod rip-off, nothing new. 1 trick pony.Jay deserved win, Maya close 2nd.

Keyboard died so brief comments using onscreen keyboard:Ben or Seth should've been bottom, not Jesse.Emilio 100% should have gone - wtf? Absolute bullshit.Mila's dress is mod rip-off, nothing new. 1 trick pony.Jay deserved win, Maya close 2nd.
All this, especially about Emlio not even putting out a garment - apparently no garment is better than a bad one (then he dumped his model).And I liked Amy's Sandpaper dress

I am really not getting all the love for Mila. A couple years ago judges were all over Rami's shit for being too one-note, but every week Mila does color blocking and every week they love it. And Rami's clothes were always beautiful, which I couldn't say for Mila. Those paint trays did not "flow."Jay did deserve this one, but I really thought the other two in the top three would be Jonathan and Amy. I could see Maya being there, too.I agree with LG that Seth and Ben should have been in the bottom. Anthony was punished for making something that "didn't look enough like hardware," but unless the judges made that clear in advance, there was no reason for him to assume that making something that looked like fabric would be a bad thing.This week was a throwback to the bad judging of previous seasons. They judged according to goals (make it look like a hardwear store) that they kept secret from the designers. They praised one dress for the exact same reason they dissed another (Jay's looked just like fabric and Mila's flowed, but Anthony's looked just like fabric), and they completely overlooked some atrocious misfires from designers because they like them (Ben and Seth) in order to eliminate a not-that-terrible dress from a designer they didn't. I fully understand that both Ben and Seth have shown more real potential as designers than Jesse, but they should just up and admit that they do practice cumulative judging, and the fact is that they will never eliminate a frontrunner because of a bad week.

not that terrible? it's a poofy plastic bag skirt with a duct tape top.I think the difference is what Anthony did was very boring. This is sometimes worse than a misfire. I do have him at the top of the Horrible tier though. Overall, what he gave us was very "who cares?"Seth had immunity so he doesn't matter (also he sucks). You could argue that Ben, Emilio and Jesse all did equally crappy jobs. Ben made a woman into a candy wrapper. Emilio made a ridiculous decision (I'm just gonna but washers and string). Jesse, just like the other two, just didn't do anything with what he had. He had a bag and made it into a skirt. He had a silver thing and that was the top. I think we can agree Ben and Emilio have done better than Jesse so keeping them over Jesse makes sense to me. For me, I can at least praise that Emilio was trying to be different (though not in the BS way he said at judge's table (and I did laugh out loud at Michael's reaction to the one judge praising Emilio for the BS he said)) even though it was a horrendously idiotic decision. Emilio stayed because the one guest judge seemed to like him and Nina "didn't think it was that bad"The thing about Mila is that she's totally different than all the other designers. I wouldn't call what she's doing exactly as "one note" but it's the same thing they said about Kenley. you guys are just hating. HATERS.I think the end all be all is really about finding the best three designers for the final. Jesse wasn't going to make it anyway. Emilio can. Now that he's had this kick in the ass, he can start showing something instead of either trying to be too cute or playing it safe.

By the way, Meryl Streep was dressed for the Oscars by PR's big gay sweetheart Chris March:ChrisMarchdress.jpgWay to go, Chris!

Interesting week. The judging didn't go how I expected.My ranking:Maya - I thought her dress was perfect. She did flowing water without doing the obvious long blue flowing skirt/dress, which I admire. The ruffles were extremely effective and the whole thing was well made. I think its bullshit to say she is "referencing Nina Ricci". I looked back on the last 5 Ricci SS collections and didn't see anything like that dress. They'd better not do a Kenley on her.Jonathan - The styling was great, the dress didn't really have an impact on me. It was nice and airy I guess, I just couldn't really figure out what was going on with it. I can't picture it in my mind. This sounds a bit waffly and dumb but whatever.Amy - I thought this was kinda cool in a crazy out of the box way. It didn't say fire at all though. Why was she calling it a dress? Looked like trousers with a top, a jumpsuit if they're attached I guess. Not a dress.Anthony - I like the whole not doing red for fire, but I didn't get a fire feeling from this dress at all. Ashes etc aren't polished and sophisticated, they're rough and messy.Seth - I don't see air at all, it just looks like more punky gothy shit. He just ignored the challenge.Emilio - Ugly green dress.Jay - Too stripey, I wish he had been more subtle. I felt it needed more layers to look less like a dress over trousers.Ben - Poorly made, weak concept, not a fan.Mila - Boring and ugly. I wasn't too impressed this week except by the top 2 I guess. Most of them seemed to take too many liberties with the concept for me.Also, haven't they done a fire/water/air/earth theme before on PR? I don't care for the concept really.

Amy - Anthony - BenS7E8-Amy.jpgS7E8-Anthony.jpgS7E8-Ben.jpgEmilio - Jay - JonathanS7E8-Emilio.jpgS7E8-Jay.jpgS7E8-Jonathan.jpgMaya - Mila - SethS7E8-Maya.jpgS7E8-Mila.jpgS7E8-Seth.jpg

1. Amy - I thought this was kinda cool in a crazy out of the box way. It didn't say fire at all though. Why was she calling it a dress? Looked like trousers with a top, a jumpsuit if they're attached I guess. Not a dress.2. Seth - I don't see air at all, it just looks like more punky gothy shit. He just ignored the challenge.3. I wasn't too impressed this week except by the top 2 I guess. Most of them seemed to take too many liberties with the concept for me.4. Also, haven't they done a fire/water/air/earth theme before on PR? I don't care for the concept really.
I agree with pretty much everything you said but 1. I don't remember hearing that. This is what happens when you feed a stoner scrambled eggs?2. I disagree. It's air because the parts of the outfit are blowing in the wind. I quite liked this one actually.3. Well it's a fine line between "you took the challenge too literally" and "you totally went away from the challenge all together". This challenge wasn't done well because it was just "here's a concept. make it work." In the end, all that matters is if it looks good. They only really hold this against people they don't like or have problems with (see Heidi vs Kenley)4. I don't remember them doing this theme exactly. I'm pretty sure they've done the "we're down to nine people and one person picks what they want and there's two of all the four categories for everyone else" thing a few times. Last season I'm fairly sure they did it.GoodSeth - She's like a wind warrior.Jonathan - She's like a swan/bjork wannabeAlmost GoodMaya - I didn't like the ruffles. kinda meh but better than everyone elseAnthony - concept was exactly what I was hoping someone would do with fire (the aftermath) but the execution wasn't quite there. more ashy/fireplacey but that could'f been disasterJay - the colour blocking was quite Mila-y. this felt airy so I gave him points for that. other than that. meh.BadAmy - in the still it doesn't look so bad. fire was only from the hair. and then black. that's a bit of a stretch. when moving the weird sling thing for the arm just looked bad. the rest of it is simple but niceMila - the still looks worse. you could see someone wearing this. very very simple but wearable.Emilio - There was just nothing appealing about thisBen - I wasn't really on board with the chark thing. he should'f gone all out with it. make the whole thing look like shark teeth. that would'f been cool. honestly though the suit isn't awful. But, the underwear thing is so horrible. no one would ever wear that.

Seth - EmilioS7E9-Seth.jpgS7E9-Emilio.jpgJay - MilaS7E9-Jay.jpgS7E9-Mila.jpgMaya - AnthonyS7E9-Maya.jpgS7E9-Anthony.jpgAmy - JonathanS7E9-Amy.jpgS7E9-Jonathan.jpgBetter than the restSeth/Emilio - I thought Emilio (man is he annoying) did quite well. Seth's was too busy. But it's not bad.Could be betterJay/Mila - Jay's is bad but the cohesion between the two is quite good. The pants were dumb but as a guy I don't mind the boobs moving all around. The shirt was not done well though.Amy/Jonathan - I quite like the subtle cues to their neighborhood. There were quite a few areas where improvement was very possibleMaya/Anthony - I just didn't like these at all. Her jacket didn't appeal to me at all. His dress was nice and looked well done but it felt ordinary with a thing thrown on top of it. It's a cousin of Maya's outfit from the first episode.GoodMila - I liked everything about it. When she does her thing and also uses colour, it's quite effectiveEmilio - The zip is quite sexy. Seth must've inspired that. The lining is cool. They have the right model for the lookBetter than BadJonathan - Nina was totally right. The dark colour is overpowering. The rest of the dress is good. If they had continued the lines as appear on her handles all the way to the bottom it would've been betterSeth - by default. Too much going on for me. The hat is dumb.Not QuiteAnthony - it didn't feel like he did anything. the judges could've said, "you got caught up doing all this work and ended up not doing anything"Maya - the whole look was the jacket and it didn't even work at allUghsAmy - It looked a lot better moving than above. It's quite subtle. Maybe a different colour would've been better. Definitely should've been a real dress and let the texture pop a bit moreJay - I didn't like the pants at all. The shirt was only there so she wasn't naked and to match with Mila's. If you don't do the main part of the outfit well then you should probably go home. Though, it's not like Amy rocked our socks and she's been on a downturn lately. So that's fine.

Good:Maya - I liked the jacket and the skirt was fine. Wish they'd used more colour though.Emilio - Well made and fitted the brief of Harlem style with the slightly tacky but sexy zipper.Alright:Johnathan - I agree that the dark bits were a mistake, but otherwise there was a good concept and with enough time it could have been a really fantastic dress.Anthony - The dress itself is very blah and it seems like he has a default structured mini dress that he uses all the time. The concertina detail was nice but I wish again that there was some colour in there.Mila - She is so one-note with the black and white etc. I guess it's just not my style, I think the jacket is cut like a cheap fleece jacket that middle aged people wear. The skirt is nothing special. Without the red tights its boring, so kudos on the styling I guess.Seth - It does look very Harlem, but that hat is so awful I can't get over it. Bad:Amy - This doesn't look "lux" at all. With that brief, she should have been doing something like what Irina did all last season - it should have looked expensive. Peach isn't a colour that reads as expensive, she should have done a tan colour or a white top. The judges don't like shirt-dresses generally (based on previous seasons) so it was a bad idea from the start. In general it didn't fit the brief at all.Jay - Poorly made. The trousers are trendy but the judges don't like that style so bad idea. Also they have a similar crotch to the trousers Ben was eliminated for last week - it's not as obvious as his were, but look at the crotch, see the y-front or whatever they called it? Lines going from the hips to the snatch like underwear. I take exception at how the judges dissed the cut of the tank top around the boobs when they praised Mila's little silver dress that gaped at the cleavage a few weeks ago. Inconsistent judging. Mila clearly took control with the design. The two outfits worked together though.I don't think Amy deserved to go over Jay but they have been wanting to get rid of her the last 2 weeks so her time ran out I guess.Can I just repeat how horrible the deflated plaid souffle hat is? Why did the judges not say anything about that? I think one of them even praised it, along with the one gold earring....... what the hell?

1. Anthony - The dress itself is very blah and it seems like he has a default structured mini dress that he uses all the time.2. I take exception at how the judges dissed the cut of the tank top around the boobs when they praised Mila's little silver dress that gaped at the cleavage a few weeks ago. Inconsistent judging.3. Can I just repeat how horrible the deflated plaid souffle hat is? Why did the judges not say anything about that? I think one of them even praised it, along with the one gold earring....... what the hell?
1. and it bit him in the butt this week2. are you talking about week 2's bag challenge? (I liked that one. it was sexy. this one was just awkward and unintended/poorly done)3. one did praise the hat (guest judge so who cares). as a concept the asymmetric earring thing can be goodSo, too lazy to do the pictures this week but here's my thoughtsOh no you didn'Jay - The green was hot. When I saw the fabric, I was scared it was going to be a "hot green mess". The zipper in the back going unexpectedly low on the butt makes my man parts happy. I just liked this winter look. You'd see someone wearing this. The subtle print inside the loop things at the end of the arms was a nice touch.Maya - it was like an exoskeleton (that's good). I didn't like the styling (did I use that correctly? (well you'll have to read the rest on to really tell me)). The hair was just umm. I dunno. The shoes were distracting. Ok I guess this one has a low zip too. Anyway, I don't think this dress worked with this model. But, it was good.mmMMmhhmmmEmilio - I really liked the colour (just like the two above). I'm not big on the jacket. The top/front isn't appealing to me. the back is quite nice. it definitely gets a lower score for the concerns Tim had about it being too simple. he's right.Seth - yea I mean. it wasn't bad.don't even bring that over hereJonathan / Anthony - they tie because Jon Jon's WAS too pale. The gold/yellow/white purple progression from top to bottom just didn't work. I don't see what's wrong with the jacket. I liked it. Anthony's WAS way too simple and WAY too like everything else he's done. On a different note, I felt bad for Jon when they were trashing his outfit. I do think the judges don't get him at all most of the time. He's on a different level.Mila - was this bad or was this bad? Was there anything good about this? No. No there wasn't.I agree with Anthony going home though. He hasn't shown me anything to think he'd have an interesting line. He's had a few "nice" notes during the season but nothing quite special.

I'm glad Emilio's coming on strong now while Mila's fading. This week's "white teepee 1972 mom on a porch" dress was beyond nasty. In terms of which dress was the plain ugliest out there, she should have been the one cleaning up her workspace.Although I love Anthony, he doesn't have the chops to go any further, so I can see why they got rid of him. Jonathan's time is rapidly running out, too. But the truth is, I have no interest in seeing a line from Mila, either. I've already seen it -- week after week after week.Given where things stand now, I think Jonathan or Maya will be next to go (probably Jonathan first, then Maya), which will leave Mila, Seth, Emilio, and Jay. I could see either Mila or Jay being the last to go -- hope it's Mila, but they might not want an all-male finale (although they did have an all-female one last year). Finale will be either Seth/Emilio/Jay or Seth/Emilio/Mila. I think Seth is most likely to win -- he's screwed up the least. His stuff isn't super high-fashion, but it's accessible and successful and easy to understand.

But the truth is, I have no interest in seeing a line from Mila, either. I've already seen it -- week after week after week.
How is this different from what we see from Seth? Same with Kenley. Same with that chick who did plunging v neck things every single time. Having a definitive style is often portrayed as a negative. But, when it's done well, it should be rewarded. She's done well mostly.This show has never really been about "the worst goes home" especially later on (otherwise Emilio would'f been gone a couple times probably and even Jay for that matter). Definitely she's been weak lately and if it continues she'll be going home but I don't get the Mila hate. I suppose it's just the same as the Kenley hate. haters. HATERS.funny how much more we're getting to see of Emilio being portrayed as a dick
How is this different from what we see from Seth? Same with Kenley. Same with that chick who did plunging v neck things every single time. Having a definitive style is often portrayed as a negative. But, when it's done well, it should be rewarded. She's done well mostly.This show has never really been about "the worst goes home" especially later on (otherwise Emilio would'f been gone a couple times probably and even Jay for that matter). Definitely she's been weak lately and if it continues she'll be going home but I don't get the Mila hate. I suppose it's just the same as the Kenley hate. haters. HATERS.funny how much more we're getting to see of Emilio being portrayed as a dick
Actually, I don't love Seth all that much, either. I can see him winning, but I think he's a one-trick wonder, too. So were Kenley, Laura, and Uli. I like lots of different. I think having a definitive style, as a young designer or one new to the business, is actually a bad thing. It means too much rigidity too soon. Now is the time for them to push themselves beyond their habitual looks, not to stick to them like glue. If they can do that, then they've got real talent. If they struggle every time they leave their comfort zone, then they really aren't ready for prime time, and that's exactly what this show ought to be weeding out. [The fact that I think Seth is likely to win doesn't mean I like him best. I don't. I liked Anthony for his personality and Jay and Emilio for their clothes.]I liked Emilio more last week, with the teams, than ever. Maybe Jonathan's conspiratorial "naughty, naughty, naughty boy" influenced me, but Emilio seems like a really quiet guy who turns out to be wickedly funny, and funnily wicked, once you get to know him.

We all know that going home is not about who made the worst outfit anymore. So it's not shocking Mila stayedAnyway, they haven't announced the winner yet but on this red carpet episode there's been a lot of duds and not a lot of studs (just me)A-Anthony - stealing a page from Mila's book, the black/white combo would be perfect on the red carpet.B-Jay - the top was hot. the bottom was almost.CEmilio - I didn't like this one at all but it wasn't horrible.Seth - black is fine but it seemed like he did nothingF (btw, there is no "order" when it comes to Failure)Jonathan - I kinda liked something about this (probably the back). Should'f went like Jay and stuck by what he was doing instead of being.Mila - meh. she's lost whatever she had. she would'f been better served going home and then coming back like Anthony. "Real Housewives" is correct. Where is the person who made this, this, and thisok here we go. well when they had Mila as third to last, it was clear Jon was going home. He totally lost his confidence somewhere which was obscenely obvious over the past few weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

Cynthia Rowley totally crystallized, in just a couple of words, what I don't like about Mila. She said Mila's clothes seem somehow "flat" and "irrelevant." I sat straight up and yelled, "Exactly!" They seem like sterile exercises, as though they would never be walking down the street. Jay's clothes are sometimes worse looking and often sloppier, but they look as though they are ready to be worn in the real world.