professor, the banker, and the suicide king, the

Just picked this book up today about andy beal and the big game - half way through and it's already about the best poker book i've ever readanyone picked it up?

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...=books&n=507846The "professor" is Howard Lederer, a professional poker player whose rigorous analytical approach to the game earned him his nickname. The banker is Andy Beal, a multimillionaire obsessed with beating the world's best poker players at their game, limit Texas hold 'em, played for stratospheric stakes. The suicide king, a symbol of the aleatory nature of the endeavor, is the king of hearts, who holds his broadsword behind his head. It's a great mix, and Craig (The 5 Minute Investor) offers a knowledgeable and observant chronicle of the high-stakes games between Beal and the syndicate of professional players organized by the "Babe Ruth of poker," Doyle Brunson. The syndicate put up $10,000,000 to sit opposite Beal, trading $100,000 bets. Beal, for his part, took a mathematical approach, at one point running millions of computer simulations of various poker problems, in search of an edge against the pros, who rely on an uncanny intuition honed by thousands of hands. Craig includes enough details about the professionals to allow readers insight into their gambler personalities. Having interviewed many of the participants in this legendary poker battle, he describes it with an appropriate sense of awe, and readers will be awed as well.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...ks&n=507846The "professor" is Howard Lederer, a professional poker player whose rigorous analytical approach to the game earned him his nickname. The banker is Andy Beal, a multimillionaire obsessed with beating the world's best poker players at their game, limit Texas hold 'em, played for stratospheric stakes. The suicide king, a symbol of the aleatory nature of the endeavor, is the king of hearts, who holds his broadsword behind his head. It's a great mix, and Craig (The 5 Minute Investor) offers a knowledgeable and observant chronicle of the high-stakes games between Beal and the syndicate of professional players organized by the "Babe Ruth of poker," Doyle Brunson. The syndicate put up $10,000,000 to sit opposite Beal, trading $100,000 bets. Beal, for his part, took a mathematical approach, at one point running millions of computer simulations of various poker problems, in search of an edge against the pros, who rely on an uncanny intuition honed by thousands of hands. Craig includes enough details about the professionals to allow readers insight into their gambler personalities. Having interviewed many of the participants in this legendary poker battle, he describes it with an appropriate sense of awe, and readers will be awed as well.
First I want to say I read the excerpts from Amazon and will probably buy the book.Second, I want to ask, or merely have you confirm what seems almost obvious: Are you the press agent for this book Keith?

no i have nothing to do with the book - just picked it up and it's fascinatinglots of stuff about jennifer harmon and stress and the psychological aspects of the game and the effects beal's bigger stack put on the pros

no i have nothing to do with the book - just picked it up and it's fascinatinglots of stuff about jennifer harmon and stress and the psychological aspects of the game and the effects beal's bigger stack put on the pros
Ok I believe you, sorry. It DOES read like a press agent wrote it though....

And it is the bomb diggity... Lederer really serves it up to Beal.. but I guess that Beal places in such an agressive manner, and doesn't lay hands down, that some of the pro's fell into his trap of trying to "out aggressive" him, and got smoked.