Pokerstars.net Million Dollar Challenge Game Show

The PokerStars.Net Million Dollar Challenge will be on Fox TV today in the US and on Global TV in Canada.In my area it shows as being on at 4PM ET on Global and at 3PM ET on the Fox Station in Buffalo. I think on Fox it will depend on football coverage what the exact time will be so you should as they say check your local listings.Here's a link to the teaser video that Poker Stars has put out.http://www.pokerstars.tv/movies/7VC/millio...-challenge.htmlDaniel is the star of the show and I think on screen pretty much all the time.Daniel blogged about it yesterday.http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-jour...&ucat=&

PokerStars.net Million Dollar Challenge... and other stuff09 Oct 2009 I'm excited to see how the first show comes off this Sunday. Being a part of a show, and then seeing the edited down version if often very different. I had a blast doing the show and definitely think there are some great moments.This Sunday, Father Andrew Trapp, a Catholic Priest will be featured on the show. You just don't see that everyday! You just don't wanna miss this first show, wow.I want to make it clear what this show is: it's a game show FIRST and a poker show SECOND. The blinds go up quickly and they get high pretty quickly, which I actually think benefits the contestants. The slower the structure, the harder it would be for an amateur player to get through a celebrity, a PokerStars Team Pro, and then me. The more luck involved, the better for them.The contestants are mostly just "regular people." Not aspiring poker pros or internet phenoms, mostly inexperienced players who qualified by playing in freerolls on PokerStars. What this show is expected to do, is to draw in an audience that doesn't necessarily watch poker on television, but will watch game shows. Tons of money will be given away, and even viewers at home will have a shot at some cash just by watching.For the contestants, the rules are simple:20,000 in chips with 400-800 blinds to start, and you face off against a celebrity who is playing for charity. Celebrity wins, $5000 goes to their charity, if the contestant wins, they get a trip to Bahamas for them and a friend valued at $5000 and move on to round two. In round one, I will be sitting right next to the contestant. I can't see any holecards, but I can tell them what I see. They also get one "timeout" which allows them to get advice from me on a particular hand.In round two the stakes are raised. The contestant plays a Team Pro, and if they win, they get $25,000! For that match, they'll have an earpiece in, and I'll be sitting in an isolation booth where I can see the contestants holecards and give them advice directly into their ear. There is a twist: twice during a match, the pro can shut me up by pressing the dome of silence. When they press that button, the contestant can no longer hear me. Win match two, and it's decision time.The contestant can take the $25,000 and walk away. However, if they decide to press onward they can risk the $25,000 and play me for $100,000 and also have a chance at a million dollars in the final show. Beat me, you get $100,000 with no strings attached and qualify for a shot at a million in show five.What I love most about the show, is that this money is potentially life changing for some of these contestants. It's real drama and I'm surprised how affected I was emotionally by it all. I got to know some of these contestants, so I felt their pain, and in some cases... their joy.
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poker Stars is also running a $20K MDC Freeroll today at 6:25 ET and they`ll be giving out the password during the show.The tournament is listed in the Regional Tab in the Tourney section.

thanks for the heads up ~ cant wait to see daniel fresh off a marathon final table , then mad dash overseas to do this. maybe he is a robot pretending to be a canadian

The promo looked very promising and with DN on at all times the show will be better from a viewer's standpoint than ftp's. The announcer's voice was rlly annoying.

The PokerStars.Net Million Dollar Challenge will be on Fox TV today in the US and on Global TV in Canada.In my area it shows as being on at 4PM ET on Global and at 3PM ET on the Fox Station in Buffalo. I think on Fox it will depend on football coverage what the exact time will be so you should as they say check your local listings.Here's a link to the teaser video that Poker Stars has put out.http://www.pokerstars.tv/movies/7VC/millio...-challenge.htmlDaniel is the star of the show and I think on screen pretty much all the time.Daniel blogged about it yesterday.http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-jour...&ucat=&

Good show...Much better than the Tilt version.While the dealer is hot, she isnt the best dealer..Looks awkward..Rousseau is also awkward on TV.Loved Salley

So, the second match is basically a heads up match between Daniel and Vanessa? Also, Vanessa could easily read Daniel's lips... I dont get it

it was cute, and likable.

Not bad. My favourite part was round 2. The earpiece thing is kinda neat. For an amateur, his instincts were pretty good throughout the show.Maybe it was cuze he was a likable father, but I felt like everyone he faced was kind of pulling for him to win. It would seem anticlimactic if the amateur lost to the celebrity or Chris Moneymaker. I think the show needs to do a better job of explaining what's motivating the non-contestants to win. Also, since everyone who makes the finals needs to be able to win three HU matches in a row, and TV shows are expensive to make....well, what would producers do if the first ten contestants they flew in failed to get past all three rounds? Have a do over?I'll continuing watching. It's fun. And I'll try to pocket some freeroll monies.The payout structure tonight is brought to you by - TV. $20,000 for first sounds cool. (I still refuse to complain about free money though.)