Random Basketball Observations

Just sort of reminded me what the league is like when having the best big man in the game on the floor in certain late game situations is a massive negative for Orlando.
Reminds me of the Shaq/Kobe days when Shaq would have to come out on the most important plays of the game, and play hot potato the last 2 mins of close games. Thank goodness for Kobe.
  • Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

can't you go five minutes without putting black people down?

Jeff Stotts ‏@RotowireATC Hear me out. Mavs sign Seth Curry, Jason Thompson, & Gerald Green. Then roll out a lineup of Curry, Thompson, Green, Barnes, & Bogut.

have to love JR Smith   J.R. Smith apparently drives a $450,000 armored truck around New York City now    

Is it just me or does the NBA have a lot more teams this season that are really deep with talent? I'm really enjoying this season so far.
It's not just you. You could kinda see this coming the last five or six years. Also, there seems to be a lot less scumbags in the league, and better character guys than in recent years. Probably just a result of the effort by the league to change the fans' perception of the players, but still. The dress code was a great idea too. You see Kenyon Martin on the bench and he's in a nice suit that fits and everything, it's weird how it changes people's perception of the players.
Just curious... is anyone interested in what Chris Webber has to say? The guy is so annoying.
Alone, he's pretty shitty, but with EJ and McHale as his partners, I think it works pretty well. Maybe I just like the other two enough to ignore Cwebb, I don't know.
Played cards with Adam Morrison tonight. Without being that guy, I wanted to find out if Kobe is a dick...I couldn't do it.
lol... what about Artest?I have a friend who is cousins with Jon Barry, and he always tells stories about how McGrady and Artest were the worst teammates ever when playing for the Rockets. Barry said that they would make bets on who could do the least work at practice. They would act like they were involved in a drill or play when they were actually just standing around doing nothing.
There sure are a lot of really crappy teams in the NBA.
Yup, more than half of the East are bad, it's why a team like my Raptors have a shot at the playoffs and getting killed by a real team in the first round.

Anyone listen to Simmons on w/Michael Kay. Kay had the best idea for the All-Star Game...Have Kobe and Lebron pick teams, but you bring 25 guys, and one guy doesn't get picked. I really think that would be more fun to watch than a Game 7 of the Finals.

Anyone listen to Simmons on w/Michael Kay. Kay had the best idea for the All-Star Game...Have Kobe and Lebron pick teams, but you bring 25 guys, and one guy doesn't get picked. I really think that would be more fun to watch than a Game 7 of the Finals.
he stole that idea from the NHL.
That would be pretty awesome.Did you know that the NHL is having captains choose teams for their all-star game this year? (The voting in process is still the same, but they're going to choose up sides among the all-stars.) It's going to be televised too.Edit: Ohgoddammit.

Some great games tonight.However, I picked a 4-team parlay for my buddy who knows nothing about basketball and just wanted some action, and missed a push in the Bulls game on Ronnie Brewer's missed free throw with 2 seconds left. Won the other 3 games.Edit: If anybody watched NBATV tonight, Kenny Smith and Greg Anthony put on an absolute clinic in the studio tonight. If you took a casual fan and had them watch for the four hours prior to the end of the Laker Clipper game, it would have been like taking a basketball class or something, they would have learned more than if they just watched 20 years worth of games and run of the mill studio shows. It was almost like the games were scripted for their benefit. It was pretty incredible.

Donald Sterling (the owner of the Clippers) has been sitting court side this year, taunting his own players. Telling them they suck, asking why they took a horrible shot, etc.Someone should heckle him and ask why he is such a terrible owner. Can't wait to here BS take on this.