The Magically Delicious

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow can't believe it actually happened. These playoffs have been an absolute roller coaster of emotions.   I thought it would be funny to give a quick recap the history of the Magically Delicious a

any publicity is good publicity     Bruce Arthur ‏@bruce_arthur 22m22 minutes ago The multiple tweet-stealing might be the least sad thing about this account  

It's probably time to consider unstickying this thread. Stickied threads should really be for top 9 teams and whatnot.

Mustangs

Cheap Thieves

Steelheads

Puck Warfare

Big Ms

Whalers

Shooters

Swackers

All teams that dont have enough cap room..Few other teams can BARELY fit him in, like the Gothic...Several other teams dont make sense to trade for him..The market is small

You guys have to get better at seeing possibilities. Cap is but a number.

yes..the question posed was who has the cap room...

But naturally things can be moved around..

Here's what my offer was:

F Connor Brown TOR $1.00 FARM

D Tommy Vannelli STL $1.00 FARM

D Eric Gelinas NJD $1.50, $1.75, $2.00

F Derek Ryan CAR $0.25

Gothic 1st 19-20

For

F Sidney Crosby PIT $26.25

D Brian Campbell FLA $3.25

Delicious 3rd any year 16-17 to 19-20

And I didn't really care if Campbell was included or not.

Decent return though... doubt you'd get much more than that, though you could have easily gotten an established prospect or two instead of likely middling to low 1sts.

I agree on the picks.

Here's what my offer was:

F Connor Brown TOR $1.00 FARM

D Tommy Vannelli STL $1.00 FARM

D Eric Gelinas NJD $1.50, $1.75, $2.00

F Derek Ryan CAR $0.25

Gothic 1st 19-20

For

F Sidney Crosby PIT $26.25

D Brian Campbell FLA $3.25

Delicious 3rd any year 16-17 to 19-20

And I didn't really care if Campbell was included or not.

I like what he got better than your package..Your first round pick is too far in the future..Connor Brown is a better prospect that Gauthier IMO..Gelinas is meh for the contract..Vanelli is a very low end prospect and Derek Ryan wont play in the NHL..

If Brown doesnt pan out( and there is no reason to suggest he will) , then your package is pretty bad and doesnt bode well with what he got..

Props though and I commend you for trying to put something together..

Yeah, I like the 1sts too. Gauthier isn't a real prospect.

I initially floated the idea of starting with Couturier and/or Hertl, but was told the best offer was 3 1sts and 2 good but not great prospects... So that's what it's like talking to Biatch.

Yeah, I like the 1sts too. Gauthier isn't a real prospect.

I initially floated the idea of starting with Couturier and/or Hertl, but was told the best offer was 3 1sts and 2 good but not great prospects... So that's what it's like talking to Biatch.

I agree , dealing with Biatch is extremely difficult and borders on impossible..I guess its "ok" to say the best offer is 3 firsts, but it borders on being unethical and people not wanting to deal with you in the future.

No it's mostly that I think he's a compuslive liar.

I didn't believe him for a second, was prepared to make a fair offer, but he wouldn't even bother to listen to it because I called him out in his bullshit.

Ah well, not saying I would have put together a better package, but with some honest dialogue we could have actually explored options.

I agree , dealing with Biatch is extremely difficult and borders on impossible..I guess its "ok" to say the best offer is 3 firsts, but it borders on being unethical and people not wanting to deal with you in the future.

If you do not have an offer for 3 firsts and you say "the best offer I have is 3 firsts" there's nothing borderline about that being unethical.

I've been dealing with Biatch for years in both leagues, and I have never once had an issue. Does he make trades that are lopsided in his favour based on some perceptions? Yes, so does Dale, Bob, me and many others, if not everyone. Thats the nature of the game, sometimes people will perceive a trade in many different ways.

I love dealing with the guy, because first and foremost, he never makes me wait and wait. (like I do to him!) Hes easy to get a hold of and makes lots of counter offers. And I dont worry that he will make a trade with someone else without consulting with others and shopping his assets around.

He put it out there that Crosby ++ were avaiable.

He gave a deadline.

He told everyone what he really wanted (picks+prospects) He made the trade that works best for him.

WTF else do you want? You need him to tell you what his best offer was just so you can bid that, and $.25 more?

Better than guys who trade Ovechkin on the sly or move Spezza without letting others know. I'll take a league full of Biatchs any day.

I'm just saying I'd prefer he weren't a compulsive liar in trade discussions and life. That's just my preference.

I already said I didn't think his methods were unethical.

He's free to ask for whatever he wants and he probably didn't feel like I had what he wanted. That's fine.

My point is that it was annoying we couldn't have a simple conversation about a trade because I can't trust a word he says to me.

Like I already said. I don't know if I'd have beaten the offer he took or anything, but I certainly didn't have a chance to make one because I was quickly cut off. Whatever. It happens.

I would prefer you don't throw temper tantrums at the Ahl draft, whine about every little trade or rule, have random f bomb angry outbursts on fcp/fchl, bully serge, attack everyone, and act like your opinion is the only one that matters. But hey, we all can't get what we want....

• Like 2