Announcing The New Ahl Owners

As you may know, in FCHL, any given player can be on a roster for one season. These players can either be a farm player you've called up, or a free agent you've signed throughout the year, or won at auction. After the season ends, you have the option to sign them to an extension ranging from 1-5 years. Just like in the AHL, they are grouped into tiers, and pay increases are calculated. After that extension has run it's course, then that player becomes a UFA and goes back into the free agent pool. You can still sign that player the next season, the only thing is that you'll have to pay market value for him at the auction.
I definitely don't like that idea at all. You draft an 18 year old, sign him when he's 20, he plays for your team for 5 years and then you'd have absolutely no rights to him anymore. I'm not a fan of that, although I do see how it could work. The simple adjustments I'm proposing will take care of everything without much disruption or need for a drastic overhaul. It will work for sure.
  • Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bink! called it 5yrs ago, championship season.

Relax buddy

Yes

Just curious, but is another problem the fact that you guys use AHL stats to base a players contract, instead of his true NHL production? What I mean is, a guy like Lecavalier could be due a small raise cause his owner tried to keep him in tier 3?whereas a Ryan Malone type (steady 40-50pts a year) is sometimes owed more because he played more AHL games and his stats are higher than Vinny and put him in tier 2?
Hard to manipulate like that because the stat is an average per game so playing more games doesn't mean somebody will have a higher ranking.
Hard to manipulate like that because the stat is an average per game so playing more games doesn't mean somebody will have a higher ranking.
but less variance...More games means more accurate stat.
  • 5 years later...

trade ya? my team for yours?????stop complaining! you just hit the mother lode. Try looking at mine or Dan's team. brutal.oh, and nice to see we are in the same division again. But not so nice it contains Bob. Ouch. 2013-14 here I come!

Bink! called it 5yrs ago, championship season.

• Like 2

They say you have to lose, before you win it all.

I always like your chances.

I predict that a team wins a championship (either the AHL championship, the Champions League or the Reject Cup) and also wins the draft lottery at the same time

• 4 weeks later...

Magically Delicious is #1 right now. We also have a few other names:1) Muffin Kickers2) Fruity Explosion3) Turkey Club Sandwich

I wish you went with Turkey Club Sandwich