Who Is Interested In An Ahl Team?

Huh... having family in England I've have had to get a passport out of need but I couldn't imagine not having one.
I've never been anywhere outside the country other than Canada, and up until June 1st of this year I didn't need anything other than a driver's license and birth certificate to get across the border. I really should just get one anyway, but I'm lazy.
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as a brit, i find it bizarre that a lot of Americans don't have a passport. its pretty much the first piece of ID you get over here - well before a driving license or your national insurance number
That's because you need a passport to go a lot of fun places that are within driving or train distance, and that isn't the case here. You can travel anywhere inside the country without one, and the only foreign country within reasonable driving distance from upstate NY is Canada, which never required one up until this year.
That's because you need a passport to go a lot of fun places that are within driving or train distance, and that isn't the case here. You can travel anywhere inside the country without one, and the only foreign country within reasonable driving distance from upstate NY is Canada, which never required one up until this year.
yeh fair point i guess. i dont know the figures but i'd also imagine a lot more brits make the trip to the US every year than the other way round.
I would so want to do this if it wasn't for the fact that my passport expired and the cost to renew it wasn't $10,000. Toronto is a 3-4 hour drive.
$10000...WHY?
But from Ottawa I've been to England x4, Germany, France, Mexico, Costa Rica (not including the US a dozen or so times)... the idea of traveling to exotic lands is more of a culturally ingrained idea. Whereas in the states you have the whole gamut of tropical islands, deserts, forests, etc all available domestically.

I think the idea of going to Serge's basement on Sep 24th would make anyone want to join the AHL.I have met most of the people too and I think anyone who is listed would be a worthy owner.BTW, anyone who gets in, I have $9 in roty money to give away. Hurry up before it is gone.

Seconded.
Exaggerated joke people.Just the frustration Liz and I have had on planning our anniversary vacation and finding out the cost to renew our passports cost over half of what the cruise we were planning to go on. The cost for me to get a passport in a weeks time is roughly $190. I think that is the cheapest I have found, some places that help you get it fast can be over $300.Liz out of work since June has put us in a place where we obv have to watch what we spend sadly.
Exaggerated joke people.Just the frustration Liz and I have had on planning our anniversary vacation and finding out the cost to renew our passports cost over half of what the cruise we were planning to go on. The cost for me to get a passport in a weeks time is roughly $190. I think that is the cheapest I have found, some places that help you get it fast can be over $300.Liz out of work since June has put us in a place where we obv have to watch what we spend sadly.
My wife who is an American Citizen living in Canada, is in a similar spot now. She has to renew her passport(was surprised US passports are for 10 years). Her passport just expired and she has to get it renewed ASAP. Not sure what the costs are renewing it through mail
My wife who is an American Citizen living in Canada, is in a similar spot now. She has to renew her passport(was surprised US passports are for 10 years). Her passport just expired and she has to get it renewed ASAP. Not sure what the costs are renewing it through mail
How long are Canadian passports good for?
I can echo Danny's vote of confidence for Jay, he's very, very good people and an outstanding fantasy GM. Plus he's really good at Wii Tiger Woods
Yeah, what a weird situation that turned out to be? At least I got a free copy of Madden 10 for the troubles.Quick story behind this: Nintendo, EA Sports, and Upper Deck put on an online Tiger Woods tournament during the US Open week at Bethpage Black. Anyone could enter providing you had the game and could play it online. I won the tourney and they contacted me yesterday saying I won an framed autographed picture of Tiger Woods valued at $1200 US. I gave them my contact info and then they email back saying I'm ineligible because I'm Canadian as the contest was only open to residents of certain states. I sent them an email that wasn't nasty, but expressing my disappointment in the whole situation and they said they'll send me a copy of Madden 10 because of the confusion. Woot! Better than nothing!
Yeah, what a weird situation that turned out to be? At least I got a free copy of Madden 10 for the troubles.Quick story behind this: Nintendo, EA Sports, and Upper Deck put on an online Tiger Woods tournament during the US Open week at Bethpage Black. Anyone could enter providing you had the game and could play it online. I won the tourney and they contacted me yesterday saying I won an framed autographed picture of Tiger Woods valued at $1200 US. I gave them my contact info and then they email back saying I'm ineligible because I'm Canadian as the contest was only open to residents of certain states. I sent them an email that wasn't nasty, but expressing my disappointment in the whole situation and they said they'll send me a copy of Madden 10 because of the confusion. Woot! Better than nothing!
Wow that really really sucks.
Shit, if you'd known that ahead of time you could have just had it shipped to me, I'd have made sure it got to you.
Does everyone here have me on ignore or something?? lol I've met most of the hockey forum crew, and DN might remember me from the launch party at the Hard Rock (I was the one that brought MarionSauce)
I had you on ignore.

If you want to see what the teams have here's the link to the draft picks and money for next year and longer.http://www.alternativehockeyleague.com/dra...cksandyears.htmFrom this link you can see the active and farm players that teams have. It's a bit confusing as you have to use the previous/next/first/last buttons at the bottom to navigate from team to team.http://www.alternativehockeyleague.com/ros...TRACTS2008.htmlFrom this link you can download a spreadsheet with the 2009/10 salaries and beyond for active rosters not including farm players.http://www.alternativehockeyleague.davidrandell.com/Might give you a picture of what you will end up with if you get one of the available teams.

If you want to see what the teams have here's the link to the draft picks and money for next year and longer.http://www.alternativehockeyleague.com/dra...cksandyears.htm
What is the first 4 blocks/years, whats the next 4 years? First 4 blocks (09-10 to 12-13) seem the same in terms of picks as the next 4 blocks, just with different cap $$$.Bandits in the first 09-10 has all 4 of his picks still, but $$ shows $51.25. 4 blocks later, Bandits still has all 4 picks for 09-10, but $$ shows $43.25?
Is it Daniel who is making the final call? Oh, and thanks for the links Bob, much appreciated.
Daniel is making the final call but has been getting input from others.
What is the first 4 blocks/years, whats the next 4 years? First 4 blocks (09-10 to 12-13) seem the same in terms of picks as the next 4 blocks, just with different cap $$$.Bandits in the first 09-10 has all 4 of his picks still, but $$ shows $51.25. 4 blocks later, Bandits still has all 4 picks for 09-10, but $$ shows $43.25?
I think the top one is the current one and the differences are from trades that happened and for some reason Darrell's old database shows older ones as well.
  • 2 weeks later...