Your Hockey Bucket List

I was thinking about things I wanted to see or do before I die, and I thought that I could come up with a bucket list based almost exclusively on hockey... So what's on YOURS?- Take a pass from Wayne Gretzky

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really wanted to see Mario Lemieux play.I had tickets to the first season after the lockout, but he had that heart problem early in the season, and retired long before the games we had planned to see. :club:

- Make a pass at Wayne Gretzky
FYP for me.. sorry someone had to do it and I guess it was me. I don't watch too much hockey so mine would be a basic just go to a Hawks game and a playoff game would be really cool too.

I don't really have much, like wsox said a playoff game would be cool. I'd love the Bruins to win the cup obv but that's not really up to me.My buddies and I are most likely going to Montreal to watch a Leafs game and Bruins game in December (seeing the B's in Montreal would def be on my list).

I was thinking about things I wanted to see or do before I die, and I thought that I could come up with a bucket list based almost exclusively on hockey... So what's on YOURS?- Take a pass from Wayne Gretzky
as a fan:-see a Stanley Cup Final game live in person-see as many games as possible in different NHL cities (im only at 5 i think)(right now Im in Florida, and today we were across the street from Bank Atlantic Center where the Panthers play, and I drove right into the arena lot just to see it up close. I got a rush out of just seeing it, even if it was deserted. I hope to come back in season and see a game this year)as a player:-it was in my late 20's when I achieved my biggest one....to just play it on a team, in a league. Never played organized ice hockey as a kid.-my next goal is to lead my league in assissts, Im all about the pass. -If I could ever skate like Paul Coffey, I'd die a happy man.
-see as many games as possible in different NHL cities (im only at 5 i think)
I saw games in:Madison Square GardenMellon ArenaBell CentreScotiabank PlaceSt. Pete Times Forum... this year alone.That was a huge goal of mine before I moved out of Thunder Bay. I had only seen in Pittsburgh, Winnipeg, and Minnesota (North Stars) before this season.
I saw games in:Madison Square GardenMellon ArenaBell CentreScotiabank PlaceSt. Pete Times Forum... this year alone.That was a huge goal of mine before I moved out of Thunder Bay. I had only seen in Pittsburgh, Winnipeg, and Minnesota (North Stars) before this season.
Ive seen games in: Toronto (Gardens+ACC) Montreal Buffalo Pittsburgh Tampa/St Pete's Times Forum (got the worst news of my life when I called home from the game, I can tell you the exact game, players and date til the day I die, this was a surreal day/night in my life)and in Hartford. Guess that dont count as NHL anymore though. :club: and I saw the exhibition game in Vegas, that was awesome.and I saw a Bruins skills competition in Boston! (no game weekend we were there, so we settled on that)this year, at least Ottawa and 1 more. Hopefully a Detroit/Carolina/Columbus in there somewhere.

Ok here's my bucket list and hopefully I'll be able to do/see all of these things before I die.See the Kings win the Stanley Cup(It's bad enough I've had to watch Anahiem ****ing win)See Team USA win a Gold MedalGo see a game at these Arenas, preferably LAJoe Louis ArenaMadison Square GardenAir Canada CentreBell CentreXcel Energy CenterSaddledomeRexall PlaceGo see a gameIn the KHLSELDELSwiss LeagueSM-LiigaOlympicsTake a road trip to see some Jr teams. I want to do a Western American Swing. Tri-CityEverettSpokaneSeattlePortlandFollow that up with VancouverChilliwackKelownaPrince GeorgeKamloopsGo to these placesHockey Hall of FameWhere the Montreal Forum and Maple Leaf Gardens stoodPlay a game of Pond hockey in MinnesotaBuild my own outdoor rinkSkate the Rideau CanalBeat an NHL Goalie with a shot.Build a Hockey Library with books, media guides, magazines.Go to see a Winter ClassicMeet Serge(He owes me some beers)Be at a game where the Stanley Cup is awarded.

Go to these placesWhere the Montreal Forum and Maple Leaf Gardens stoodSkate the Rideau Canal
For the first two, both places still exist, although I think they suck now (some sort of movie theatre or mall or something).For the Canal, you're 100% welcome at my place if you ever wanted to come up. I have a couch or an air mattress, that's all, but if you ever wanted to make a cheap trip to skate on the canal, you can crash here. I'm about a 5 minute walk from the mouth of the canal. For some reason I didn't skate on it last year (I hate the cold oh so much), but plan on doing it this winter, whether I like it or not.
If I ever think of more, I'll add them later. For now?- Shake Mario's hand.- Touch the Cup. - See a Pens game in a canadian city.
I did two of these!!!! (wow, really letting me know how blessed (in a non-religious sense) my life has really been).I never shook Mario's hand.I did, however, touch the Cup at Mario's on the Southside (in my avatar, with the legendary Timothy Fryer, Jordan Staal and Petr Sykora), and I have seen the Pens play in Ottawa and Montreal.Doox, like I said with Belanger, you're welcome here anytime, especially if the Pens/Sens play if you want to see a game. Enough notice to get the proper tickets, of course, but you can crash on my couch/air mattress if you want to. I live in downtown Ottawa, which is about a 25 minute drive from the rink under decent conditions.
For the first two, both places still exist, although I think they suck now (some sort of movie theatre or mall or something).For the Canal, you're 100% welcome at my place if you ever wanted to come up. I have a couch or an air mattress, that's all, but if you ever wanted to make a cheap trip to skate on the canal, you can crash here. I'm about a 5 minute walk from the mouth of the canal. For some reason I didn't skate on it last year (I hate the cold oh so much), but plan on doing it this winter, whether I like it or not.
Good to know, I want to get there eventually, I want to make sure I'm able to skate and still be young. I've slept on many Vegas floors so an Air Mattress sounds delightful. I've never been in weather below 32 degrees F so I'll be fricken cold, but it will be worth it.I read about the Canal in Jack Falla's book Open IceOpen Ice by Jack FallaOne of my favorite reads so far in my collection of books.Also an add to the list. Eat at a Tim Hortons, specifically trying to Roll Up the Rim to Win!
Good to know, I want to get there eventually, I want to make sure I'm able to skate and still be young. I've slept on many Vegas floors so an Air Mattress sounds delightful. I've never been in weather below 32 degrees F so I'll be fricken cold, but it will be worth it.I read about the Canal in Jack Falla's book Open IceOpen Ice by Jack FallaOne of my favorite reads so far in my collection of books.Also an add to the list. Eat at a Tim Hortons, specifically trying to Roll Up the Rim to Win!
(I'm desperate for visitors, I'm bored as shit here, and the only person I know is the Ottawa_Biatch.)
I did two of these!!!! (wow, really letting me know how blessed (in a non-religious sense) my life has really been).I never shook Mario's hand.I did, however, touch the Cup at Mario's on the Southside (in my avatar, with the legendary Timothy Fryer, Jordan Staal and Petr Sykora), and I have seen the Pens play in Ottawa and Montreal.Doox, like I said with Belanger, you're welcome here anytime, especially if the Pens/Sens play if you want to see a game. Enough notice to get the proper tickets, of course, but you can crash on my couch/air mattress if you want to. I live in downtown Ottawa, which is about a 25 minute drive from the rink under decent conditions.
When I originally made my post, I had "fu Zach :ts " next to the Cup one :club: That's just the jealousy creeping out, though.Sounds good and I appreciate the offer - what is the normal price for a Sens ticket, anyways?
When I originally made my post, I had "fu Zach :ts " next to the Cup one :club: That's just the jealousy creeping out, though.Sounds good and I appreciate the offer - what is the normal price for a Sens ticket, anyways?
lol, it's all good.Probably a bit more than Pens tickets, simply because it's Canada. I bought near the day they first went on sale, and had literally no trouble finding the tickets I wanted. It's probably going to be easier with the team sucking this year, as opposed to last year where they were supposed to be good.Tickets seem to go on sale in 2-month segments. I'm 1000000% getting at least 2 to each Penguins game, beyond that, I could get tickets to whatever anyone wants me to get. For reference, I paid $180 for 3rd row seats, near centre, to the Caps last year. Too close to the play, but still unreal vantage point. For certain games, last year at least, I got 50% off for good seats. It was mostly garbage opponents like the Coyotes and Panthers, whom I really enjoyed.
This is a ridiculous thread, btw. I would give everything I have just to skate during warm up with my favorite NHL team, the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Here is a little secret for those of you with aspirations like scoring on an NHL goalie, or skating with NHL players.. There is a little town north of Toronto, in cottage country, called Bracebridge. In Bracebridge, there is an arena. Starting in mid-july, there is usually ice time booked for 90 minutes starting at 10 or 1030 am. It used to be under the name of 'Crozier' (an homage to an old NHL'er named Roger Crozier, who was born in Bracebridge about a zillion years ago). If you were to be at that rink around 10, with your hockey gear, you would notice a bunch of SUV's, Mercedes, BMW's, etc, pulling into the parking lot. If you were a hockey fan, you would recognize most of the faces getting out of those cars. If....IF.... you looked like a decent enough guy, and the numbers were a little low, you just might get an invite to play a little pick up hockey. This pickup skate has been going on for about 15 years, with an ever changing cast. I have always been lucky enough to be on the invite list. And there was one summer that was just insane, with a lineup that went something like: Coffey, Yzerman, Tucker, Corson, Staios, CuJo, Tugnutt, John LeClair, Joe Thornton, Lindros, Brad May, Gary Roberts, and a few others..... It was the greatest thing in the world when we'd be sitting in the dressing room, and someone would say, 'Hey, we're a little short... someone go grab a couple of guys'. The look on a guy's face when you said 'Hey, you got your gear here? Wanna skate?', was priceless....

Arenas visited:Madison Square Garden (loudest place I have ever been to, could also be awfully quiet when things are not going well) Nassau Coliseum (deadest place that I have ever been to irregardless of whether the team is good or not)Brendan Byrne Arena/Izod Center (I thought it was a good arena to see a game. Thought new arena was not necessary. Upper tier was the furthest I have ever been to see a game until the new Prudential Center)Prudential Center (For a new arena, very disapointed. Minimal esculators, walking access is limited especially in top tier which is such a long way from the ice)Wachovia Center, thanx to Mad Mike (Really liked the arena. Access was easy. Ten times more room inside the arena than the Prudential Center)Bank Atlantic Center (Bottom tier is great place to see a game. Top tier is totally seperate from bottom tier with tons of suites in between both tiers and it feels like you are not even at the game)Hartford Civic Arena (don't remember to much about it except that it was in a shopping mall)Arena's on the bucket list:TorontoMontrealBostonChicagoVancouver (on this list because I would love to find a way to go to the Olympics next year)WashingtonDetroitLos Angeles

I need to see more games so would be in, too bad I doubt we could get enough interest for a suite.
How much would a suite run us? And is there a limit as too how many people you can have?