My Lake Tahoe Trip (hockey Edition)

Met lots of people in Lake Tahoe obviously, specifically some hockey guys:Mike Modano- Kinda quiet, definitely a nice guy. Played a practice round with him and he can just crush the ball. Doesn't really use driver, he just hits 3-wood mostly. His wife, Willa Ford was there too and they walked the course while we rode. I chatted with her a lot, after about 14 holes we realized we'd met in Costa Rica for Calvin Ayre's Wild Card thing a few years ago. She is super cool and funny. She used to date Chuck Lidell and he was there too, but it's all good I guess. Modano will play another year in Dallas and after that it's up in the air. He can't play a prominent role like he has in the past.Jeremy Roenick You either love him or hate him I guess, and I definitely don't hate him. He's got personality and I think that rubs some of the hockey guys the wrong way since hockey is "supposed" to be a gentleman's game yada yada yada. He likes promoting the game and is a fun guy to hang out with. Another hockey great I spoke with called him a "*** up" but whatever, I like the guy, and he can golf! He recently bought a golf course and fixed it up. Brett Hull I also met him at the NHL Awards and when he walked up to the range he came up, shook my hand, and said "Hey Danny, how's it going." Seems to me like everyone likes Brett and I do too. Good guy. He's put on a few pounds and the guys rib him pretty hard about that.Pierre Larouche charismatic personality, fun guy, seems like a life of the party kind of guy and a good golfer too.Mario Lemieux quiet side, mild mannered, but not arrogant in the least, quite the opposite it seems. Has a beautful, maybe like perfect golf swing. Of all the big superstars seems like Mario is the one where no one has a bad word to say about him. I rode the bus with him a couple times, and one time coming from the range running from fans I literally almost ran right into him as I slid on the bridge. Kinda funny. I liked Mario but didn't want to bug him too much.Mike Eruzione A fun loving Italian guy with a good sense of humor and an average golf game. I played with him on the third day, and all I'll say is this: he isn't the best at math in terms of counting up his score card! If I ever gambled with him... I'd keep a close eye on him, lol.Grant Fuhr I hit balls next to him one day and we just kinda nodded to each other, but I never really talked to him. He is a great golfer and could have won the tournament if he didn't miss so many short putts. His putting stroke didn't look good to me, but he hits the ball very well.Wayne Gretzky Played with him and Eruzione on the last day, both of them smoking cigars. I asked him why he didn't go to the NHL Awards and he said he was gonna go, but only if he could present the MVP award, "I mean, I won the freakin' thing 10 times," he said. He then later told me that he did the cover of Cigar Aficionado with his wife Janet, the only couple to ever be on the cover. He said Agassi and Brooke Shields wanted to do the cover but Gretzky made them promise that they'd be the only couple on the cover ever. He then told me his wife Janet is friends with... Phil Hellmuth. He started out kinda bad, but shot really well on the back nine shooting 35. He was good with the fans, took pics, signed autographs, etc. What else... none of his kids play hockey at all. Um.... he said he didn't know anything at all about poker, but people all told him that I was the best at it. He's got five 19 year olds on the roster this year, but likes the direction the team is taking. That'll do it.

Can I come with you next time you golf with Mario please?
He's a two handicap, I think he would smoke you on the course. If he doesn't really know you, he wont talk to you. Not an arrogance thing, just that superstar/god thing.
yo next time try to go with todays all stars :)haha or jus wait 20 years til they get older :club:
The only players of today that are any good at golf are Leafs players.
Well The Leafs should join PGA or LPGA hmmm either one they will get smoked haha
someone who is a Miley Cyrus fan shouldnt make ANY jokes..Go back where you came from..Thanks
Met lots of people in Lake Tahoe obviously, specifically some hockey guys:Mike Modano- Kinda quiet, definitely a nice guy. Played a practice round with him and he can just crush the ball. Doesn't really use driver, he just hits 3-wood mostly. His wife, Willa Ford was there too and they walked the course while we rode. I chatted with her a lot, after about 14 holes we realized we'd met in Costa Rica for Calvin Ayre's Wild Card thing a few years ago. She is super cool and funny. She used to date Chuck Lidell and he was there too, but it's all good I guess. Modano will play another year in Dallas and after that it's up in the air. He can't play a prominent role like he has in the past.Jeremy Roenick You either love him or hate him I guess, and I definitely don't hate him. He's got personality and I think that rubs some of the hockey guys the wrong way since hockey is "supposed" to be a gentleman's game yada yada yada. He likes promoting the game and is a fun guy to hang out with. Another hockey great I spoke with called him a "*** up" but whatever, I like the guy, and he can golf! He recently bought a golf course and fixed it up. Brett Hull I also met him at the NHL Awards and when he walked up to the range he came up, shook my hand, and said "Hey Danny, how's it going." Seems to me like everyone likes Brett and I do too. Good guy. He's put on a few pounds and the guys rib him pretty hard about that.Pierre Larouche charismatic personality, fun guy, seems like a life of the party kind of guy and a good golfer too.Mario Lemieux quiet side, mild mannered, but not arrogant in the least, quite the opposite it seems. Has a beautful, maybe like perfect golf swing. Of all the big superstars seems like Mario is the one where no one has a bad word to say about him. I rode the bus with him a couple times, and one time coming from the range running from fans I literally almost ran right into him as I slid on the bridge. Kinda funny. I liked Mario but didn't want to bug him too much.Mike Eruzione A fun loving Italian guy with a good sense of humor and an average golf game. I played with him on the third day, and all I'll say is this: he isn't the best at math in terms of counting up his score card! If I ever gambled with him... I'd keep a close eye on him, lol.Grant Fuhr I hit balls next to him one day and we just kinda nodded to each other, but I never really talked to him. He is a great golfer and could have won the tournament if he didn't miss so many short putts. His putting stroke didn't look good to me, but he hits the ball very well.Wayne Gretzky Played with him and Eruzione on the last day, both of them smoking cigars. I asked him why he didn't go to the NHL Awards and he said he was gonna go, but only if he could present the MVP award, "I mean, I won the freakin' thing 10 times," he said. He then later told me that he did the cover of Cigar Aficionado with his wife Janet, the only couple to ever be on the cover. He said Agassi and Brooke Shields wanted to do the cover but Gretzky made them promise that they'd be the only couple on the cover ever. He then told me his wife Janet is friends with... Phil Hellmuth. He started out kinda bad, but shot really well on the back nine shooting 35. He was good with the fans, took pics, signed autographs, etc. What else... none of his kids play hockey at all. Um.... he said he didn't know anything at all about poker, but people all told him that I was the best at it. He's got five 19 year olds on the roster this year, but likes the direction the team is taking.That'll do it.
Come on Daniel where do we get the REAL scoop and dirt??Something like:Mike Eruzione: That guy is a big fat italian cheater. Makes Tony Soprano look like a choirboy.Wayne Gretzky: He is so pissed off at the ownership situation. He really would like his money and get out of there.Mario Lemieux: An introvert, shy and not very charismatic.Mike Modano: I slept with his wife in Costa Rica but I didnt want to say anything.Janet Jones: Admitted that she is a compulsive gambler and went to Phil to teach her some poker, so she can stop losing at gambling.Brett Hull...He ate so much because he couldnt handle the pressures of GM .********This is meant to be funny, my lame attempt at humour.
Come on Daniel where do we get the REAL scoop and dirt??Something like:Mike Eruzione: That guy is a big fat italian cheater. Makes Tony Soprano look like a choirboy.Wayne Gretzky: He is so pissed off at the ownership situation. He really would like his money and get out of there.Mario Lemieux: An introvert, shy and not very charismatic.Mike Modano: I slept with his wife in Costa Rica but I didnt want to say anything.Janet Jones: Admitted that she is a compulsive gambler and went to Phil to teach her some poker, so she can stop losing at gambling.Brett Hull...He ate so much because he couldnt handle the pressures of GM .********This is meant to be funny, my lame attempt at humour.
One of those is actually true! At least one actually, lol.
One of those is actually true! At least one actually, lol.
Wayne Gretzky: He is so pissed off at the ownership situation. He really would like his money and get out of there.
Brett Hull...He ate so much because he couldnt handle the pressures of GM .
I figured it was this one. I recently ate+drank+cryed myself to sleep after a bad fantasy hockey trade. I cant imagine how badly I would take the real-life situation. :club: