Is This A Bad Play

say i am in the big or small blind some one rasies i rerasie from the blind with like AK is this a bad play

say i am in the big or small blind some one rasies i rerasie from the blind with like AK is this a bad play
Is this a serious question?

scs i am a new player i am just learning the game i asked something all i wanted was a answerand thank u nlh2020

scs i am a new player i am just learning the game i asked something all i wanted was a answerand thank u nlh2020
Reraise all day, everyday.
  • 2 weeks later...

lol at this thread.We need a ton more info if you expect serious responses. Stack sizes? Blind sizes? Reads on your opponent? Your image at the table? How much did your opponent raise preflop? How much did you make it when you 3 bet? Tournament or cash game? Satellite? If it's a tournament, how many players left? and how many players cash?

I would prefer KQ over AK because it can connect both ways easier. I prefer to fold AK preflop, especially to a raise.Good luck :club:
Plus if its off suit you can get two different flushes instead of one.It gives you the nuts like 90% of the time.
Plus if its off suit you can get two different flushes instead of one.It gives you the nuts like 90% of the time.
I have learned a lot in the last few days and these comments confirm that I'm on the right track. AK isn't as good as you think it is when you first learn to play poker (like I used to think). I've lost so many pots with AK, AQ and AJ by overvaluing them. Especially online in freerolls or low stakes tourneys. People call with anything so if you go all in with AK pre flop, your chances aren't good. At least in my experience. But maybe I'm doing something wrong.Probably but every time I learn something. Usually I learn I shouldn't play freerolls :club:
People call with anything so if you go all in with AK pre flop, your chances aren't good.
Actually the opposite is true.
What is...that people don't actually call with anything or that your chances aren't good?
If people will call with anything, then getting our money all in preflop is good for us.
If people will call with anything, then getting our money all in preflop is good for us.
Yeah I see what you're saying but my point was if people call with anything and there are 4 or 5 people who call with anything in the hand, your chances are diminished. I've had it happen a lot. Maybe it's just me. I was at the final table on FT and went all in and a guy with 9's call. Guess what he got on the river?Same happened with a guy and K3 suited. Not complaining mind you, just saying in my experience, AK all in pre flop hasn't worked out so well.But I'm no pro...