Frank Zappa On Crossfire

I'm not one to make silly threads for youtube videos, but this one is excellent. From the beginning it's a very surreal experience. The main guy Zappa is arguing with is a straight caricature of the phrase "out of touch with today's youth." LG, how much do you charge for gifs? Because a gif of the opening shot of the four faces would be outstanding.

lol someone save us from Duran Duran videosmy favorite line of Zappa's during the PMRC hearings was after they brought out I think a WASP album cover that shows a buzzsaw going through someone's testicles and Frank was like "Do you really need a sticker to realize that this album might not be right for your kids?"The greatest thing about the PMRC hearings was suddenly rap came up and said - give us the stickers their dope - wait to you see what we have plannned for your kids - you'll be begging them to listen to Prince

I kept wishing Zappa were a little more eloquent on there. It was easy pickings against these idiots, and I don't think he made any succint arguments -- just soundbites.We should also remember that if the SC picks Algore over Bush, we probably would've had 8 more years of embarrassing public hearings on whether naughty words are ruining America, since "Tipper" was one of the leaders of that crusade.

since "Tipper" was one of the leaders of that crusade.
Yeah, that's pretty much the only thing I know about her, but it certainly makes me think she's an idiot.

In reply to the first video (I did not watch any others) I am almost surprised to hear myself say this, really I am...I LOVE Frank Zappa, he is really intelligent, and one of my favorite musicians of all-time, HOWEVER...Although he usually gets his point across the best, especially compared to that Washington Post guy, I don't agree with him entirely. When he says things like would he want kids to see Sex on TV, and says yes? And has kinda the same view about kids listening to any offensive material? I mean, I understand that he feels the medium should not be censored, and that it's a parents responsibility to keep them from inappropriate material, but to instead take the view that a kid should see/hear it? I always thought he was a bit extreme on this..

In reply to the first video (I did not watch any others) I am almost surprised to hear myself say this, really I am...I LOVE Frank Zappa, he is really intelligent, and one of my favorite musicians of all-time, HOWEVER...Although he usually gets his point across the best, especially compared to that Washington Post guy, I don't agree with him entirely. When he says things like would he want kids to see Sex on TV, and says yes? And has kinda the same view about kids listening to any offensive material? I mean, I understand that he feels the medium should not be censored, and that it's a parents responsibility to keep them from inappropriate material, but to instead take the view that a kid should see/hear it? I always thought he was a bit extreme on this..
I don't think he was saying that you needed to make your kid watch millions of Duran Duran videos, I think he was just saying that the country was hardly going to seed because of music videos and that the whole issue was an absurd misdirection in pursuit of censoring people and making them conform to the Washington Times' view of morality.
Thanks for the link. I'll be spending the next 4 hours misclicking money away and watching Frank Zappa interviews.
The 5 or 6 part series of the police officer interviewing Zappa is great.