First strat post, but I ran into this hand a few days ago and its the first one that really threw me for quite some time. I'm new to the table, villain is up $10 from max buy-in, and that's about all I know. PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (8 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comButton ($1.93)Hero (SB) ($6.02)BB ($7.33)UTG ($2.07)UTG+1 ($6.01)MP1 ($2)Villain (MP2) ($20.43)CO ($6.07)Preflop: Hero is SB with 3club.gif, 4heart.gif3 folds, Villain checks, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.03, BB checksFlop: ($0.10) 5spade.gif, 2spade.gif, 4diamond.gif(3 players)Hero checks, BB checks, Villain checksTurn: ($0.10) 6heart.gif(3 players)Hero bets $0.10, BB calls $0.10, Villain raises to $0.95, Hero calls $0.85, 1 foldRiver: ($2.10) 2diamond.gif(2 players)Hero checks, Villain bets $3.05, Hero ???I decide not to reraise the turn figuring there were many ways I could be dead after the river, and at best, I'm up against another 3. If the scare cards don't show, then I'd be willing to call anything down obviously. Did he possibly stack up with hyper-aggro tactics and was pushing with a 3 or just an overpair? Still just as confused as to what I should have done, input much appreciated.

First strat post, but I ran into this hand a few days ago and its the first one that really threw me for quite some time. I'm new to the table, villain is up $10 from max buy-in, and that's about all I know. PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (8 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comButton ($1.93)Hero (SB) ($6.02)BB ($7.33)UTG ($2.07)UTG+1 ($6.01)MP1 ($2)Villain (MP2) ($20.43)CO ($6.07)Preflop: Hero is SB with 3club.gif, 4heart.gif3 folds, Villain checks, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.03, BB checksFlop: ($0.10) 5spade.gif, 2spade.gif, 4diamond.gif(3 players)Hero checks, BB checks, Villain checksTurn: ($0.10) 6heart.gif(3 players)Hero bets $0.10, BB calls $0.10, Villain raises to $0.95, Hero calls $0.85, 1 foldRiver: ($2.10) 2diamond.gif(2 players)Hero checks, Villain bets $3.05, Hero ???I decide not to reraise the turn figuring there were many ways I could be dead after the river, and at best, I'm up against another 3. If the scare cards don't show, then I'd be willing to call anything down obviously. Did he possibly stack up with hyper-aggro tactics and was pushing with a 3 or just an overpair? Still just as confused as to what I should have done, input much appreciated.
snap calling that.

I'm confused...why didn't you raise the turn again?

I'm confused...why didn't you raise the turn again?
Something I can't figure out. Seems blatantly obvious now, but definitely butchered that hand :club:

Yeah waiting for the river to be "safe" is dumb. Put more money in when you have basically the nuts.