$4.40 -- I Think I Messed Up

Comments on this hand, I think I screwed up somewhere but not sure where?PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $4.00+$0.40 Tournament, 75/150 Blinds (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comsaw flopBB (t4725)UTG (t1945)UTG+1 (t11230)MP1 (t1630)MP2 (t5070)MP3 (t735)CO (t5155)Hero (Button) (t2725)SB (t2986)Hero's M: 12.11Preflop: Hero is Button with Aspade.gif, Kdiamond.gif6 folds, Hero bets t450, 1 fold, BB calls t300Flop: (t975) 8diamond.gif, 7club.gif, Qspade.gif(2 players)BB bets t150, Hero raises to t600, BB calls t450Turn: (t2175) 6spade.gif(2 players)BB checks, Hero checksRiver: (t2175) 5diamond.gif(2 players)BB checks, Hero checksTotal pot: t2175

Your raise on the flop doesn't make sense if you don't follow-through on the turn. What are you representing? I'm not sure I like this kind of bluff on the flop to begin with, but if you are going to do it, you have to throw out a bet on the turn. Lots of people will call that re-raise on the flop very light just to 'defend' their initial raise, and because it is often it is a bluff, and will fold to the next bet. You can't shut down here just because he called. JB

OP doesn't have to bet the turn. Turn's an effective blank and villain's never folding. We're just throwing money away by doing that. We'll have like 1600 left, not even a PSB. I prefer a call OTF w/these attractive pot odds, try to spike a 6 outer. Because of stack sizes raising OTF just feels so awkward

If you put 1/4 or 1/3 of your stack in PF and on the flop, why even consider folding? If you believe you may need to fold this hand, then why put that much in? You're just leaking if you're short and you put that much of your stack in with any intention of getting away from this hand.The flop raise is getting called because of the size of the pot. Even though it's 4x the flop lead, the flop lead was so small that he's got the implied odds to follow along with most anything. If you're trying to smoke out a bluff or a weak bet, a pot sized raise would do it, but that takes so much of your stack that you may as well shove.As for the PF raise, with less than 20BB far from the money, why even make a standard PF raise or play any hand in the first place if you're not going all the way? Most of the time, you just walk away from the hand even shorter stacked than before. I'm not opposed to a standard open here, but if you're going to play a hand at all under 20 BB, you can't be looking for reasons to fold if you're going to bet the flop at all.

I think flatting the flop is ok, but just because the odds are sick. I like the raise to keep up the initiative, and I think c/f the rest of the streets after you get your flop raise call or shoving the turn are equally ok. 910 got there on the turn but we have fe against everything but 2 pair/sets.