How Is My River Line Here With Top Set?

Ok I thought about leading around 1300 ish on the river, but the river brings the 3rd club, and he flats every street so in my mind, he could have an A10 cc type hand but I wasn't sure. How profitable is check calling the river here as opposed to leading for value with top set? I know this might be standard to a lot of you, but it really took me some time to figure out what I wanted to do here. Any thoughts on the rest of my line in general? Thoughts?PokerStars Game #26284478940: Tournament #149949907, $50+$5 Hold'em No Limit - Level II (15/30) - 2009/03/23 17:25:05 ETTable '149949907 41' 9-max Seat #9 is the buttonSeat 1: F3dOrOv9191 (4880 in chips) Seat 2: Slayer_pol (2860 in chips) Seat 3: Phlimon (3535 in chips) Seat 4: Hub Dub 04 (7605 in chips) Seat 5: 93style93 (3960 in chips) Seat 6: cedricR02 (2935 in chips) Seat 7: HSneth (4605 in chips) Seat 8: stanman420 (2865 in chips) is sitting outSeat 9: MVMAGIC14 (2415 in chips) F3dOrOv9191: posts small blind 15Slayer_pol: posts big blind 30*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Hub Dub 04 [Jd Js]stanman420 has returnedPhlimon: folds Hub Dub 04: raises 60 to 9093style93: folds cedricR02: folds HSneth: calls 90stanman420: folds MVMAGIC14: calls 90F3dOrOv9191: folds Slayer_pol: folds *** FLOP *** [4c Jc 6h]Hub Dub 04: bets 250HSneth: calls 250MVMAGIC14: folds *** TURN *** [4c Jc 6h] [3d]Hub Dub 04: bets 650HSneth: calls 650*** RIVER *** [4c Jc 6h 3d] [Tc]Hub Dub 04:?

I think bet/fold > check/call.By bet/folding, we limit our loss when we get raised on the river by a made flush. If we bet 800-900 on the river, then villain will either keep calling down (which would indicate that we are ahead), fold, or raise (having made a flush.) I think the river blocker bet would defend well against a potential river bluff, too, which checking would not. Plus, if we check, we don't know how big of a bet villain will make as a bluff or value-bet.

any reads on villain? if you believe him to be good/solid etc i believe you can eliminate flush draw possibilty with as much as you were charging him giving him horrible pot odds to call....unless maybe he had AKc or AQc, but then would he have 3 bet you pre with these?I think a read on him is important in helping you decide, but as is I think blocker bet is best..folding to any raiseThoughts on appropriate size of blocker bet? is a little under half pot size about standard?

I think bet/fold > check/call.By bet/folding, we limit our loss when we get raised on the river by a made flush. If we bet 800-900 on the river, then villain will either keep calling down (which would indicate that we are ahead), fold, or raise (having made a flush.) I think the river blocker bet would defend well against a potential river bluff, too, which checking would not. Plus, if we check, we don't know how big of a bet villain will make as a bluff or value-bet.
Agree with this. Usually, we're good here and we either get called by a lesser hand or our villain folds and awards us the pot. And in the instances when we're not, villain will usually raise us and we can bail once that happens.

Ok so far i really like your line on all streets.Villain starts hand with $4605Hero starts hand with $7605so at the river there is $2070 in the pot effective stack (hero $6615) (villain $3610) If you bet say 1k-1.4k on river its pretty safe to assume an avg good player will not bluff shove a club on river at 15/30bbs with stack sizes so therefore bet is good option.Im sure you see 77-88-99-10-10 AJ ive even seen 7-8 in this spot but once in a blue moon QQs but becarefull about betting to much of a small blocker type like 700-900 if it seems weak he may shove pretty much assuring u have 2 fold.Now that being said i feel the best line Here's my contradiction if you are willing to bet 1.4k on river and still fold to shovel than you could check river and lose some value but alot of his calling ranges might fold to river bet, plus if he did make flush he prob won't value bet more than 1.4k so technially you get to see flush or possible bluff for same price, you were gonna bet fold. Bascially removes the chance of being bluffed and folding. even if he bets 2k and you pay him off its better than betting 1100 and folding if there's even a 10% chance he bluff shoves river.Also the chance that he may bluff river or value bet thin kind of makes up for the possible lost value. but either one would be fine imo.

• 2 weeks later...
Agree with this. Usually, we're good here and we either get called by a lesser hand or our villain folds and awards us the pot. And in the instances when we're not, villain will usually raise us and we can bail once that happens.
i dont get how you can say usually we are good here? you realize there is only one card left in the deck that makes top pair? even if we are good here VERY VERY VERY RARELY will we get called by worse (QQ,AJ)...compare QQ and AJ to everything else that beats us and its pretty clear that betting sucks...if we check, he is going to check back everything we beat and bet his flushes, i dont know what air he will show up with? even the straights got there