.05/.10 on BoDog. Hero has been playing straight TAG. I haven't seen the villain do anything out of the ordinary. Usually enters for a raise, and either check/folds flop or bets and takes it down. Apologies I couldn't find a BoDog converter that works so doing the best I can to make it readable.Cutoff $1.05Button $12.66 SB $6.79Hero $14.04 UTG $4.90 Villain $29.58 MP1 $2.84 MP2 $30.13Hero is dealt A :club: A :4h UTG folds, Villain calls .10, SB calls .05, Hero raises to .35, Villain Calls, SB folds.FLOP: Q :5c K :3h 5 :ts (Pot .80)Hero bets .50, Villain raises to $1, Hero reraises to $2.50, Villain raises to 4.50, Hero folds.After his min raise on the flop I'm thinking he's got AK or something like that, but the raise to 4.50 has me thinking QK, 55, or maybe JcTc. Pretty sure this is a fold, but every time a I fold an overpair on BoDog an angel loses it's wings so just curious...thoughts opinions, questions, comments?

.05/.10 on BoDog. Hero has been playing straight TAG. I haven't seen the villain do anything out of the ordinary. Usually enters for a raise, and either check/folds flop or bets and takes it down. Apologies I couldn't find a BoDog converter that works so doing the best I can to make it readable.Cutoff $1.05Button $12.66 SB $6.79Hero $14.04 UTG $4.90 Villain $29.58 MP1 $2.84 MP2 $30.13Hero is dealt A :club: A :4h UTG folds, Villain calls .10, SB calls .05, Hero raises to .35, Villain Calls, SB folds.FLOP: Q :5c K :3h 5 :ts (Pot .80)Hero bets .50, Villain raises to $1, Hero reraises to $2.50, Villain raises to 4.50, Hero folds.After his min raise on the flop I'm thinking he's got AK or something like that, but the raise to 4.50 has me thinking QK, 55, or maybe JcTc. Pretty sure this is a fold, but every time a I fold an overpair on BoDog an angel loses it's wings so just curious...thoughts opinions, questions, comments?
I don't hate a fold. If a villain has really just been a toadstool and wakes up, I can fold.

PF is bad, raise it up bigger. You're going to be OOP and there are two limpers already.I don't 3-bet OTF if I plan to just fold to a 4-bet. I call, and call every turn/most rivers. On a 5 turn I'm going all in basically.As played I fold. This guy has 55. Open limp, call, minraise + 4-bet otf = set.

I don't 3-bet OTF if I plan to just fold to a 4-bet.
This is where my thinking might be all messed up, probably from playing microstakes so long, but it wasn't the fact that he 4 bet that makes me want to fold. Actually I 3 bet expecting him to come over top and try and get it in w/ TPTK, but the fact that he wants me to call enough to make it a $10 pot with only $5 behind for the turn is really suspicious.
Raise to at least .85 preflop (that's so weird to type). Still hard to fold aces here at this level. Flip a coin.
.85??? holy *** dude, I know i should have raised more but i was thinking like .45/.50. Really think I'm not losing value if I raise that much?
Raise to at least .85 preflop (that's so weird to type). Still hard to fold aces here at this level. Flip a coin.
I think .85 is excessive. I'd say .55 is fine.I can find a fold too if this guy is playing straightforward. I'd assume he'd ship a flush draw/straight draw/straigh-flush draw or 5cXc. This looks like 55 or KQ. I think calling and c/c safeish turns and rivers is OK too. But the only card you really like is a 5.

Sorry guys it's hard for me to expect people to acknowledge a 3/4x raise when that means a quarter and a dime the same as when it means a benjamin and a grant. That's my bad though, not yours. Y'all are right i'm sure.

You mention that he usually comes in for a raise, what does he usually have when he limps? Has he limped big pocket pairs before?Based on your read, I think that a fold is fine as he seems to be a straightforward player. It seems like KQ/55 (slow played KK/QQ?) and besides J10, I don't really see a draw out there especially since you have the Ac. Would he play AK like this? I would think that he would just call your 3-bet rather than 4-betting you if he doesn't get out of line.

Sorry guys it's hard for me to expect people to acknowledge a 3/4x raise when that means a quarter and a dime the same as when it means a benjamin and a grant. That's my bad though, not yours. Y'all are right i'm sure.
I see your point. But for discussion sake shouldn't we just think of bets in terms of BBs?
I see your point. But for discussion sake shouldn't we just think of bets in terms of BBs?
You know, I think this is touching on one of the basics of micros. To some players, it's BBs. To others, it's a couple dimes and a quarter and wtf who cares .... ?Others are stuck at micros because they're poker-retarded.In other words, when the $ is small, it fundamentally changes the game.Know what I mean?
You know, I think this is touching on one of the basics of micros. To some players, it's BBs. To others, it's a couple dimes and a quarter and wtf who cares .... ?Others are stuck at micros because they're poker-retarded.In other words, when the $ is small, it fundamentally changes the game.Know what I mean?
Totally. But our discussions are usually pretty general, and if a guy will call a 8.5BB raise, then by all means do it with AA. But shouldn't we keep general discussions to making good poker decisions (if we are presented to a scenario without reads)Hell, some guys could be sitting at 1/2 thinking, its just a couple of $s wtf who cares?
Totally. But our discussions are usually pretty general, and if a guy will call a 8.5BB raise, then by all means do it with AA. But shouldn't we keep general discussions to making good poker decisions (if we are presented to a scenario without reads)Hell, some guys could be sitting at 1/2 thinking, its just a couple of $s wtf who cares?
I guarantee you will run into those guys at any level poker is played.

Thanks for all the replies, you guys make it seem a lot closer than I thought it was. As far as the microstakes issue goes I think it's just entertainment for some, competition for others, and for some others it's about trying to build a roll and make some money. If I know a player is fine calling off 10bb pf with 78s because "it's only a dollar" then yeah AA gets raised 10x the bb in a heartbeat, but I haven't seen anyone in the hand play that crazy.