Could Of This Have Been Played Different

These player's were very LAG and we just made the money. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.Table '147626393 52' 9-max Seat #3 is the buttonSeat 1: chipjack02 (19914 in chips) Seat 2: Shalter07 (25450 in chips) Seat 3: Bashful23 (18563 in chips) Seat 4: keenmaan (4770 in chips) Seat 5: dakota-xx (14830 in chips) Seat 6: RockyDennis2 (15760 in chips) Seat 7: Schnullist (3860 in chips) Seat 8: jagdkommando (9611 in chips) Seat 9: K643 (29400 in chips) chipjack02: posts the ante 85Shalter07: posts the ante 85Bashful23: posts the ante 85keenmaan: posts the ante 85dakota-xx: posts the ante 85RockyDennis2: posts the ante 85Schnullist: posts the ante 85jagdkommando: posts the ante 85K643: posts the ante 85keenmaan: posts small blind 350dakota-xx: posts big blind 700*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Bashful23 [9s 9d]RockyDennis2: folds Schnullist: folds jagdkommando: folds K643: raises 1400 to 2100chipjack02: folds Shalter07: calls 2100Bashful23: calls 2100keenmaan: raises 2585 to 4685 and is all-indakota-xx: folds K643: folds Shalter07: raises 3715 to 8400Bashful23: raises 10078 to 18478 and is all-inShalter07: calls 10078*** FLOP *** [3h As Qd]*** TURN *** [3h As Qd] [Ks]*** RIVER *** [3h As Qd Ks] [Jh]*** SHOW DOWN ***Shalter07: shows [Qh Ad] (two pair, Aces and Queens)Bashful23: shows [9s 9d] (a pair of Nines)Shalter07 collected 27586 from side potkeenmaan: shows [8c 8d] (a pair of Eights)Shalter07 collected 17620 from main potKompromissen is connected *** SUMMARY ***

You did misread that, the short stack in the SB moved in. The person to my right reraised for isolation, then I moved all in. How would you of played this hand in that situation? My read that I went with cause he initially flat called a raise was that he had something like AQ or AK, maybe even a small pair and was just trying to get me to fold. Since the initial raiser and the flat caller in front of me had me covered, I initially didn't want to reraise and then possibly get put to a decision for all of my chips. I'm curious to see what would of been the best play for this hand

Maybe I'm not completely understanding here but I'm not sure how I'm looking at two shoves here. When Shalter07 makes it 8400 he still has 17k behind and when I push he still has to call 10k more thats far from him being all in. Is he committed at this point? It looks to me like he is making an obvious isolation attempt with hands I beat. Would I have been better off raising the initial 2100 to 7-8k and folding to a shove?

These player's were very LAG and we just made the money.*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Bashful23 [9s 9d]RockyDennis2: folds Schnullist: folds jagdkommando: folds K643: raises 1400 to 2100chipjack02: folds Shalter07: calls 2100Bashful23: shoves all in
This.
Maybe I'm not completely understanding here but I'm not sure how I'm looking at two shoves here. When Shalter07 makes it 8400 he still has 17k behind and when I push he still has to call 10k more thats far from him being all in. Is he committed at this point? It looks to me like he is making an obvious isolation attempt with hands I beat. Would I have been better off raising the initial 2100 to 7-8k and folding to a shove?
Think about what range villain could have and play this way and how 99 does against that range.
He's not folding anything here.
Think about what range villain could have and play this way and how 99 does against that range.
Right. The best you could hope for is both villains holding each others outs like AQ AQ 99.
  • 2 weeks later...
Even if he did attempt to isolate the other player, that doesn't mean he's weak... you are going in hoping for a coin flip at best.