Had only been sitting for a couple of orbits, only hand Villian has been involved in was 2 hands previously when he was BB and shoved $25 into a $3 pot after rivering broadway holding AQ and was paid off by a flopped set!Onto the hand in questionPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (8 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comUTG ($65.10)UTG+1 ($44)MP1 ($87.60)MP2 ($50)CO ($52.55)Button ($75.65)SB ($56.20)Hero (BB) ($46.25)Preflop: Hero is BB with 9spade.gif, 10spade.gif5 folds, Button raises to $1.50, 1 fold, Hero calls $1Flop: ($3.25) Kclub.gif, 9heart.gif, 3heart.gif(2 players)Hero bets $1.50, Button calls $1.50Turn: ($6.25) Jclub.gif(2 players)Hero bets $3.50, Button calls $3.50River: ($13.25) Aclub.gif(2 players)Hero checksMy thoughts are that I like the flop lead although it should be bigger probably $2-$2.50. The turn is pretty bad, bet should be $5 if I'm going to bet at all. Is a bet spewy against a player who is probably a moron?Anyone like a 3bet pre?All comments on all streets appreciated

I think of the three options, calling preflop is actually the worst. We have a hand that relies heavily on implied odds and plays infinitely better in position. We're taking a flop without the lead, out of position against somebody whose range is probably not that strong. It's going to be difficult for us to make our preflop investment back under these circumstances. Our reverse implied odds are increased because we're out of position and we're usually going to flop draws or second pairs.I'm also not a huge fan of the flop lead. Our hand actually has some showdown value but when we lead the flop, not that many better hands are folding and pretty much all worse hands are. If we check, a lot of the worse hands in his range will often make a continuation bet on the flop. I think a much better line is to check/call and evaluate on the turn.

This is a standard fold pf and a very small % 3bet. Calling is the worst option, you don't want to be OOP with 10 high heads up. If you do call it'd be great to have some aggression stats, cbet% etc. I think c/c flop and some more streets is fine. I don't like saying c/c flop and reevaluate turn cuz that doesn't mean much to me. I mean we arent improving on turn often. What are we reevaluatng? If he bets again and no heart or overcard to 9 comes? I dunno just have a plan based on cards, not if he bets or something. You want to call off his bluffs here since anything he value bets is ahead of you.I think your turn lead is kinda crappy, but if I were to turn lead, man that's a great river to 3bet. That A rarely helps his hand so should be a scare card. I'd fold pf. If I called I'd c/c flop and probably fold that turn since it hits a lot of broadway combinations that he might raise pf. QT, JT, KJ, etc are all ahead of you. J is pretty horrible, I think I'd c/c anything other than a J, Q, or A on turn.

Eww. I don't think there is one street here I like. Surely you can see why you don't want to be playing hands like this oop. 3 streets later and you have no idea where you are in this hand.

didnt read any replies... I play this hand in different ways depending on my opponent. Reasons why I'd 3bet pre: 1)If I think my opponent is sick of me and I'll push him out of his comfort zone forcing him to a call due to my constant 3betting 2) If I think I'm so much stronger post flop (ignoring FE) and actually want him to call 3) playing thight and mixing up my game 4) sick of his constant aggression 5) trying to establish an image (or perhaps just playing accordning to my normal strategy). My standard play is a three bet cuz I'm tryin to be lag. Smooth call is totally cool though. Reason to smooth call: Same line as #2 but the complete opposite; calling to keep the pot small (small ball DN-style which works just fine at 50nl and prolly at every level if you think you have an significant edge post flop). I'd 3bet cuz I'm trying to be lagMy play after pre flop call: don't donk bet (although it isnt a big mistake)! I like a CR or call. What is his range; what hands in his range contains a K, and how likely is that he has a set or pp 1010_>? What would he think of a donk bet? Am I going to do this with a hand that has him beat, and is there a chance that he'd call me due to pos even though he "knows" I have him beat? If yes, it's a more than often a bad idea to donk bet. Best play imo (vs average 50 nl player) is a CR. The worst drawing hand he'd call u with is a FD. You will be called very often with 1010>. You fold to every raise (against average joe). I actually only call this flop against guys who overplay hands/bluff machines and sometimes loose passive players (the strength of my hand cannot justify a raise at this point even against a loose passive guy. I'd call and outplay a LP player on turn and river in this spot). I really dont know what ur trying to achieve on the turn and the hand is so dead on the river.

Hm.1) Auto rebuy max2) I don't like the call here preflop. Either 3-bet or fold. 3) If you're going to call, I don't like donking into button with this hand. 4) I don't like your bet sizing at all. Well, I don't like you leading at all in this hand, so let me saying this: If these are your normal bet sizes, they are too small. I don't ever use the pot button, but I think between I prefer to be towards 75% of the pot, and the first bet isn't even 50%.5) You really dont have much of a read on your opponent. No PT Stats and only a few orbits. I guess if you check to him and he shoves, its an easy fold and he has the nuts. I'm a P.O.W., so if he bet small, I might be able to convince myself to make a hero call and watch him flip over K2os or something.

Ok seems like a comletely butchered hand then! I donk out quite a lot onto boards like this with absolutley nothing into pre flop raisers at this level and it does take down a lot of pots as well as with marginal holdings and nut type hands, but maybe this time wasnt the right occasion. Donking also protects our hand against having it check through and a shitty turn card falling and having to check fold. I think CR is probably a better line in hindsight but I dont like c/c at all though as I'd probably have to fold the turn a lot so that seems much worse to me. My bet sizing is normally bigger than that, dunno why I made it so small this time. I thought about firing the turn (although the size did suck) but if I had bet $5 I thought he would fold anything that didnt beat a king.