I'm not overly hyped, but will probably get it. Just trying to decide for which system though since the 360 controller is a joke for fighters, and I don't want to throw down $70 for an arcade stick.The only thing about the 360 version is that I am guaranteed to find more people to play with online.

• 2 weeks later...
bumping cuz I got it. Anyone wanna playyyy
It's out Friday over here. I can't wait!Reports on the new characters?Is Gouken awesome? Is Seth unlockable? Give me something before Friday please!

I haven't owned a straight up fighting game since like Tekken 4 on the PS2 but watching some of the gameplay of Street Fighter IV on justin.tv makes me want to get it.But like someone said earlier, I don't want to dish out any extra money to get a gamepad. Will the game really not be as enjoyable if I just use the 360 controller?

seth is unlockable once u beat the game with everyone. uhm ultra's are hard unless you have the macros.I like the game a lot so far, I def need a stick

I just jumped off my xbox and he was playing on there.
this :club:
seth is unlockable once u beat the game with everyone. uhm ultra's are hard unless you have the macros.I like the game a lot so far, I def need a stick
I'm not having too many problems with the ultras on the gamepad, although a stick would be much better. However, I will wait for them to come down in price before I purchase one. The only problem I'm having with the game is Seth. All he does is spam that teleport.

The fight stick definitely helps, but trust me it's not imperative to play the game. The analog sticks on the controller are more than sufficient to use if you want to play the game right away, and not have to wait for a fight stick. Also for moves that require all 3 punches or all 3 kicks, your LT and LB (L1 and L2 on the PS3) are allotted to those specific commands.Just be prepared for literally 95% of your online opponents choosing Ken...and no I'm not exaggerating. The game is definitely worth it, and there is so much little stuff that can keep you busy for a long time.

• 2 weeks later...
kenflow.png
haha, if i ever played the game this would probably be pretty funny. I did hear that Ken pretty much dominates. I want to buy it but currently have no game systems to play it on. I have always been a pretty good SF player on the SNES. If you are good at the SNES one, do you think it would translate over to this one at all? Maybe a little bit? Lol at that Zangief pic, hes a ****ing beast!
haha, if i ever played the game this would probably be pretty funny. I did hear that Ken pretty much dominates. I want to buy it but currently have no game systems to play it on. I have always been a pretty good SF player on the SNES. If you are good at the SNES one, do you think it would translate over to this one at all? Maybe a little bit? Lol at that Zangief pic, hes a ****ing beast!
Yup it plays the same :club:. I love the fact the very first button combo I tried was Bison's psycho crusher and it worked! And lol at the Ken diagram. Is online really that bad?