I have been doing the same thing as Daniel on PStars but i started about 2 weeks prior to him. My roll is at $125 so I'm 3 levels or so along.Anyways here's the backstory:So today after about 100 hands I took a beat where i was all-in for around $20 at a .10-.25 table w/ Kings and some guy calls me with pocket 3s and makes a set on the turn.I re-bought for another $25 and about 30 hands later found myself having to move in with A-A and K-3-8 on the board. I was called by someone with K-10 and sure enough the river came a K.So now my roll was cut in half in one day, and my overall question is should I be putting a limit on how many hands I play in one session? Had I quit at 100 hands i never would have been steeming and took the 2nd beat. After reading DN's post on his progress I saw that he rarely plays more than 100 hands at a time. So do you guys think I should be regulating the # of hand I'm playing or did I just take a couple bad beats and I should get back to the grind???

Five buys ins is very, very light for versions of hold 'em where you can bet all your chips at one time.

I have been doing the same thing as Daniel on PStars but i started about 2 weeks prior to him. My roll is at $125 so I'm 3 levels or so along.Anyways here's the backstory:So today after about 100 hands I took a beat where i was all-in for around $20 at a .10-.25 table w/ Kings and some guy calls me with pocket 3s and makes a set on the turn.I re-bought for another $25 and about 30 hands later found myself having to move in with A-A and K-3-8 on the board. I was called by someone with K-10 and sure enough the river came a K.So now my roll was cut in half in one day, and my overall question is should I be putting a limit on how many hands I play in one session? Had I quit at 100 hands i never would have been steeming and took the 2nd beat. After reading DN's post on his progress I saw that he rarely plays more than 100 hands at a time. So do you guys think I should be regulating the # of hand I'm playing or did I just take a couple bad beats and I should get back to the grind???
1. you should be at .01/.02 nlhe maybe take a shot at .02/.05 nlhe. 2. u want around 25-30 full buyins for the level.3. BAD BEATS WILL HAPPEN.4. i have no set amount of hands play as long as u feel good and are up to it.

I Do have to say that there was a type-o in my post, this happened at a 5/10c table not 10/25 table, but irregardless it sounds like I wasn't playing conservatively enough?I had been playing 2/5c all the way from the $50 mark until today and I decided that it was too conservative so i decided to bump it up to 5c/10c, but it sounds like 2/5c is a proper place to be with a $125 bankroll?Should I be looking at my Bankroll in relation to BBs or Buy ins??

12 buy-ins really isn't enough to be bankrolled, but you can make a slight exception for 10nl as the players are sooooooooooooooooooooo terrible. Taking a shot there is fine so long as you're willing to rebuild your roll at 5nl when you take some beats.

1. you should be at .01/.02 nlhe maybe take a shot at .02/.05 nlhe. 2. u want around 25-30 full buyins for the level.
25-30 full buyins? are u serious? don't get me wrong. there's nothing bad about being cautious. but i think 25-30 full buyins is a little bit too much.With a Bankroll of ยง125, I'd be playing .05/.10 nlhe, maybe 2/5c nlhe . But I wouldn't buyin with $10 (max). I think DN idea of using 1/5 of you bankroll isn't so bad. Ofcourse you can adjust that, like using 10-15% f.e.. but that's up to you imo. and if you have just entered a new blind lvl and had a downswing, you can just step down one lvl and work your way back up. whatever is comfortable for your game!other suggestions?
Well the more hands played there is a higher percentage of running into bad beats. Obviously I dont blame you for getting it in preflop with aces, but try to avoid all in pre flop situations like coin flips and 65-45. Otherwise, just keep grinding.
60-40 and better is pretty a substantial edge.
25-30 full buyins? are u serious? don't get me wrong. there's nothing bad about being cautious. but i think 25-30 full buyins is a little bit too much.With a Bankroll of ยง125, I'd be playing .05/.10 nlhe, maybe 2/5c nlhe . But I wouldn't buyin with $10 (max). I think DN idea of using 1/5 of you bankroll isn't so bad. Ofcourse you can adjust that, like using 10-15% f.e.. but that's up to you imo. and if you have just entered a new blind lvl and had a downswing, you can just step down one lvl and work your way back up. whatever is comfortable for your game!other suggestions?
Yup. 10-15 buyin downswings happen all the time. I'm playing with 50 buyins right now. I like having a bad day and not losing half of my bankroll.
Had I quit at 100 hands i never would have been steeming and took the 2nd beat.
This line of thinking is pretty flawed. Think of it all as one big session.The only real time that you should quit is when you no longer have an edge. If your game deteriorates after 100 hands for whatever reason, then go ahead and quit.You got your money in with an edge, so don't worry about it.
Five buys ins is very, very light for versions of hold 'em where you can bet all your chips at one time.
QFT. But the amount of $ is so small, I don't think it matters.
12 buy-ins really isn't enough to be bankrolled, but you can make a slight exception for 10nl as the players are sooooooooooooooooooooo terrible. Taking a shot there is fine so long as you're willing to rebuild your roll at 5nl when you take some beats.
But the rake is usually horrendous, too.
Well the more hands played there is a higher percentage of running into bad beats. Obviously I dont blame you for getting it in preflop with aces, but try to avoid all in pre flop situations like coin flips and 65-45. Otherwise, just keep grinding.
Never pass up a +EV situation in a cash game, no matter how small.
I think you can get away with 20 buyins for 10NL and below, and probably 25NL. Any higher and you'll want a minimum of 25 buyins. Also, always buyin full. If you aren't comfortable with it, drop down to a level you are.