Fold The Button?

its is folded to me on the button and the big blind has 2600 at 150/300/25. whats the best playPokerStars Game #23963851927: Tournament #132775821, $5.00+$0.50 Hold'em No Limit - Level VIII (150/300) - 2009/01/16 15:05:52 ETTable '132775821 550' 9-max Seat #7 is the buttonSeat 1: ChrisIII333 (12615 in chips) Seat 2: JüMi68 (23580 in chips) Seat 3: Chr07 (11130 in chips) Seat 4: adm07 (29230 in chips) Seat 5: BigErpel84 (14275 in chips) Seat 6: DocS49 (25923 in chips) Seat 7: se7enth_bok (4197 in chips) Seat 8: Freakers (20325 in chips) Seat 9: Ritter1980 (2955 in chips) ChrisIII333: posts the ante 25JüMi68: posts the ante 25Chr07: posts the ante 25adm07: posts the ante 25BigErpel84: posts the ante 25DocS49: posts the ante 25se7enth_bok: posts the ante 25Freakers: posts the ante 25Ritter1980: posts the ante 25Freakers: posts small blind 150Ritter1980: posts big blind 300*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to se7enth_bok [8h 7d]

This is either shove or fold. Calling is definitely out of the picture with 78o. I would probably fold as we still have a few orbits before we are in real danger. You need a huge nit in the BB to justify a raise here I think.

Tbh, I would be inclined to Fold here, purely because how short the BB is. In my eyes, he is probably calling you here with any PP, any ace, and possibly K10+Also, your stack isnt THAT short, so you can fold this, and still have enough to push and your opponents arent priced in, in an orbits time.Its probably 50/50 though, because if you push and win, that you have added 15% to your stack, which is pretty nice.All in all, i would fold. I would be interested to see what other people say though.

I'd shove. With the antes in play, the drain on your already small stack is going to be too much to survive much longer. If SB folds and the button calls your shove, you'll still have hope. If both fold, you pick up about 700 uncontested.

my thinking was, the small blind folds pretty much everytime, and i force the big blind to pick up a better than average hand... BB woke up with AK and won the pot

I don't know. Is this a MTT? Lots of players left? You need chips, you are one of the shortest stacks at the table with quickly dwindling FE. I think I am shoving to pick up the 625 in blinds and antes.
This is my preference, but I might be a little more aggressive (reckless?) than some in these spots.ETA: Now I have read results, but I would point out that 78 is only a 3-2 dog against AK. Combine that with the odds against either SB or BB holding anything good enough to call with, and how helpful either getting the blinds and antes without a fight, or more than doubling up if you do win at showdown, and I still think it was a reasonable move.
Given results, I'd lean towards a fold here.
LOL, good one. I like your avatar, btw--Eddie Izzard is hilarious. My son loves to recite the "Death Star canteen" bit.

Whether to steal-shove or fold is an equity decision. Does the c675 you'll usually pick up, plus the few times you get called and win, make up for the times you get called and lose c2955, or get the unexpected call from the deeper stacked SB and bust?I'm usually a donk in this spot so I'd almost always shove here, unless I had open shoved in position a lot on previous orbits or I've seen the blinds call light PF, in which case I'd fold 87o.

I fold, you still have an M of 6 and the BB is calling wide enough to make this a spew imo.
Good to know. So would it make any difference if we were in the SB and didn't have to worry about a deepstacked SB (and for that matter, only had one player's hand to be concerned about)?