Villain had been playing a fair number of pots, but would not qualify as a maniac.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comUTG+1 ($52.30)Hero (MP1) ($47.55)MP2 ($54.30)MP3 ($50)CO ($85.85)Button ($50)SB ($45)BB ($16.40)UTG ($56.55)Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Jspade.gif, 10spade.gif2 folds, Hero raises to $1, 2 folds, CO raises to $3.50, 3 folds, Hero calls $2.50Flop: ($7.75) Jheart.gif, 5diamond.gif, 7diamond.gif(2 players)Hero checks, CO bets $5.50, Hero...?

What are you doing preflop? Don't minraise with JTss in middle position. That hand plays well in position with many callers, if you get callers they are going to be OOP so your hand plays poorly. Fold to the CO reraise pf, you are heads up OOP with suited connectors, that's a recipe for disaster.

What are you doing preflop? Don't minraise with JTss in middle position. That hand plays well in position with many callers, if you get callers they are going to be OOP so your hand plays poorly. Fold to the CO reraise pf, you are heads up OOP with suited connectors, that's a recipe for disaster.
The only time a minraise is appropriate is when we're trying to get a spazz to do his thing. As it played out, we ended up calling off 10% of our stack PF OOP with jack high to a decent player and are now facing action with a marginal hand. I think folding is best if we don't know how to evaluate our holding here.That being said, I don't know that a call and re-eval on the turn is horrible if we know his c-bet range here includes AK AQ ATs and smaller PPs.

Flop: ($7.75) Jheart.gif, 5diamond.gif, 7diamond.gif(2 players)Hero checks, CO bets $5.50, Hero calls $5.50Turn: ($18.75) 10diamond.gif(2 players)Hero...?Check-raise? Ironically, that's representing the flush--but that could be okay, right?

Flop: ($7.75) Jheart.gif, 5diamond.gif, 7diamond.gif(2 players)Hero checks, CO bets $5.50, Hero calls $5.50Turn: ($18.75) 10diamond.gif(2 players)Hero...?Check-raise? Ironically, that's representing the flush--but that could be okay, right?
LOL. Horrible card for both you and villain, if I'm right about him having an overpair. You could prob get it in here vs. overpair with a diamond, e.g.: AxAd ... whatever.Thoughts?

As others have said...1. Don't min-raise OOP with suited connectors 2. Fold to his raise as you will be playing an expensive guessing game majority of the time.His raise PF signifies strong ace (AT+) or a mid-high pocket pair. When he bets the flop it feels like a standard Cbet since you show weakness and I don't mind the float call but you have to ask how would the Villian typically play his flush draws, sets, etc...? If this seems to be inline with any of those hands they you should be prepared to toss it. I actually like the turn card since your flop check-call makes it look like you could be on the draw, plus you actually hit two pair, I would check and let him lead out again then re-pop him.Overall this hand plays poorly OOP and rarely will you find a board that would provide easy decisions for you, best to lay it down after the re-raise and move on.

I actually like the turn card since your flop check-call makes it look like you could be on the draw, plus you actually hit two pair, I would check and let him lead out again then re-pop him.
Turn: ($18.75) 10diamond.gif(2 players)Hero checks, CO bets $11, Hero raises to $38.55 (All-In), 1 foldTotal pot: $40.75 | Rake: $1.95Results:Hero had Jspade.gif, 10spade.gif (two pair, Jacks and tens).Outcome: Hero won $38.80So I guess it worked out okay...but I take you guys' point about not playing with fire with this kind of hand and situation in the future. Thanks.