In 1812 Upper Canada was a British Colony. It wasn't until 1867 that The Dominion of Canada was formed.Canada's head of State even today is Queen Liz
Well there ya have it. If it wasn't formed until 1867 we couldn't have invaded what didn't exist. Sadly CA was still a British colony...and Britain was still still pissing us off...so Upper Canada got looked into. no harm no foul right?We would never invade you guys. You have good beer (molson), great whiskey (Crown Royal)....you know it is a good thing it is cold up there or you could be in trouble!!BTW I have a buddy of mine who just moved to back home to CA in the Hamilton Area. He is going insane. Glad to be home but the snow is killing him and he is getting his ass kicked in his local hockey league!! I told him he never should have moved to New Jersey in the first place. I mean jeez of all the places to live for 7 years NJ...WTF
I don't understand why they're giving 'credit' to republicans or democrats for those deaths..doesn't make a lot of sense. Like, WWII? I mean FDR was in power but it's not like he had a choice but to go to war.
I don't totally agree with that. Japan and Germany declared war, but the US and FDR could have chosen to just defend the borders.I mean, I agree that it's not correct to find blame in FDR for this just not that his hand was forced.
I don't totally agree with that. Japan and Germany declared war, but the US and FDR could have chosen to just defend the borders.
You think it is reasonable for us to respond to a large-scale, unprovoked attack on our soil which resulted in the death of 2400 Americans by not declaring war on the nation that just attacked us and immediately declared war on us? Yeah, cuz we've always been a nation of pussies.
You think it is reasonable for us to respond to a large-scale, unprovoked attack on our soil which resulted in the death of 2400 Americans by not declaring war on the nation that just attacked us and immediately declared war on us? Yeah, cuz we've always been a nation of pussies.
I'm not judging this decision negatively. But inherent non-pussiness didn't compel the US to get involved. Actual humans with free-will chose to sacrifice a great many lives to achieve a grand goal. I don't think calling this self-defense really gives that decision credit.
I'm not judging this decision negatively. But inherent non-pussiness didn't compel the US to get involved. Actual humans with free-will chose to sacrifice a great many lives to achieve a grand goal. I don't think calling this self-defense really gives that decision credit.
Fair enough :club:.I know you weren't judging the decision, I was just trying to say that we had practically no choice.
Cool graphics but I would not use this in any sense to determine which political party is responsible for the deaths involved. Thanks for sharing.
I also blame democrats for most of themGood call there Theresa