Gambling Challenge Skate N Go

didn't any of you wimps bet it all???I was hoping to sneak in the side door with my $1 balance!!
Haha :club:
I really considered the Rangers too, but I know that they would rather have to face Philly in the playoffs than Pittsburgh, so I thought that might be some incentive to not really play hard, since it would give Philly home ice against the Pens and a chance to eliminate them. Plus, I hear there is money on the board there.... :ts
Sighhh inside info FTW BTW, if we all lose, Arp wins.
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha :PSighhh inside info FTW BTW, if we all lose, Arp wins.
so i just walked into my house, and im beyond confused.Ohhhhhhhhhhh. I just got it. Chris bet the under, not Philly. I thought you guys took the two sides of the Philly-NYR game.Ironic, I was just complaining to the Mrs. that due to rushing my pick I didnt realize I should have maybe taken the biggest underdog of the day, NYR. (its funny, i used the final Jeopardy situation to help her understand why I care so much what you guys are doing!)My story: saw lots of family today, Easter and all.and the last 3 hours spent at my grandmothers, whose apartment has a very old computer with a shaky internet connection. I apologize I had to try to consider calling him instead of the agreed upon PM method, but I figured I wouldnt have any connection at all. Then at 4:30, I got on, saw the Det-Chi game went under, and I tried to send a fast PM to Sev. Then I texted him at 4:55pm as well to try and ensure he got it. I screwed up the second team in the under, typing CBJ instead of COL. In my text to his cellphone, i just said STL under.good luck to you guys, this was way more fun this weekend than I would have imagined.
PHI UNDER $5500 And for the record, Arp.... I trust everybody, and I also try not to put people in a position where trust can even be questioned. It saves friendships.... Don't be offended...
Sorry Chris, you lost me. Whats this about? The phone call thing?
Let me know once you and Arp have spoken on the phone to get his wagers, and I will let you know. I just want to make sure you don't have a tell.... :club:
ohhhhh, now I get it.Im not offended, and I tried to avoid making the call at all costs, trust me. And for the record, again, I sent him a pm at 4:30ish, text at 4:55pm, then I called him at 5:15pm ago just to make sure he got it all, as I was driving home.My 15yr old cousin just got a great lesson on odds/payouts for hockey bets, since he was the one securing the online connection at grandma's!
Damn I was sooo torn, I'm glad you made this bet though. I thought you might go big on a -120, and then I was going to go big on a +120 that way if we both won, I'd win. But then my choices were only NYI win, or COL win, or Bos/Nyi over, and NYI and COL have only won like 2 combined games this year, so the obv pick was bos/nyi over. Then I was like well that might be a predictable game for me, and gruven might match it, so I decided I had to do something different. Then I though Arp would take the Rangers since it was the biggest payout and if I played it, I couldn't get worse than 2nd. Then I was thinking well wtf, I could just bet 1k, hope Philly wins and hope gruven bet big and loses. My mind was alllll over the place on this, pretty sick scenarios, and a fun part of the secret betting :club:
I did a fair amount of this kind of thinking. All over the place. DAMN. NYR just scored to make it 4-3. Betts? are you kidding me??? fack.GO Philly! thanks for blowing a 3-2 lead you bastards.

GG Chris you got jinxed sending your pick to Serge you should know by now he's bad luck. Your pick was safe with me. :club: As for this 2 horse race great ending coming up, amazing that this may come down to the final minute even better if its decided in a shootout as the last play of the regular season.

Im done at about $7580. Won 9 of my last 10 bets for a nice final run.Its all down to Ray winning or losing on the NYR bet.go FLYERS!!!
YEEEEEEEEHAW!GG dude, nice run at the end, fell just short.I'M GOING TO DISNEYLAND!

Nooooooooooooooo....f'in Flyers. I really was suprised to see I had a shot at this a couple of hours ago, but this was a heartbreaking final 3rd period. congrats Ray, well done! :club:

Nooooooooooooooo....f'in Flyers. I really was suprised to see I had a shot at this a couple of hours ago, but this was a heartbreaking final 3rd period. congrats Ray, well done! :club:
Thanks Arp, this was a ton of fun, you made a nice move to not pick the Rangers, I thought you'd be taking them for sure, I didn't like being the only one with a long shot, and got lucky it came through.

Lets all take a second right now and say thanks to Dale for all the work he put in to this all through the season.I hope whatever has come up that's kept him away is working out for him and that he'll be back soon.Thanks for a fun season gentlemen, and congrats to the winners.

Lets all take a second right now and say thanks to Dale for all the work he put in to this all through the season.I hope whatever has come up that's kept him away is working out for him and that he'll be back soon.
I will echo these sentiments tenfold. This place isnt the same without the Digital Monkey, and most importantly, I hope whatever is keeping him away from here is turning out for the best. thanks for all your work on this Dale.
sorry, but to say what? pm please if private
nothing specific..He wished his family a happy Easter and something about a leaky basement..