W should resign turning prez over to chaney who makes Rice vpthan cheney resigns making rice first woman and black prez. I stole the idea.
That sounds interesting but the problem is after Cheney, the Speaker of the House would be President, then the President Pro Tempore of the Senate and then Secretary of State. I Don't think the Speaker would agree.
That sounds interesting but the problem is after Cheney, the Speaker of the House would be President, then the President Pro Tempore of the Senate and then Secretary of State. I Don't think the Speaker would agree.
This is not the case is the new president (cheney) picks a new VP. Also, that would just make Rice look really bad and she's not like that.
This is not the case is the new president (cheney) picks a new VP. Also, that would just make Rice look really bad and she's not like that.
Sorry, but I think it falls under chain of command.PresidentVice President Speaker of the House President Pro Tempore of the Senate Secretary of State I stand to be corrected but I really don't think so.Edit: The VP has to go through nomination and passed by Congress. I know that Ford was President and was appointed but Agnew resigned first and then Nixon appointed him. He was appointed by the Elected President and then that went through Congress. The 25th amd says the VP is appointed by the new vp and I may be wrong but I think section 2 or 3. He must be approved. I don't think they would get Condi through for one thing.When this all happened during the Nixon scandal and Agnew resigned because of the scandal against him, the House Speaker said the he didn't feel that it would be right for a Democrat to be president with a sitting Rep. President as the elected President. Some tried to hold the process up but that did not work.This was brought up again in 2003 I think. After 9-11, there was concern over what would happen. It's kinda funny because I just read the article. I'll have to dig it up and post it here. Anyway, the apointment would have to go down to Congress and would have to be met with their approval, which wouldn't happen.
Sorry, but I think it falls under chain of command.PresidentVice President Speaker of the House President Pro Tempore of the Senate Secretary of State I stand to be corrected but I really don't think so.Edit: The VP has to go through nomination and passed by Congress. I know that Ford was President and was appointed but Agnew resigned first and then Nixon appointed him. He was appointed by the Elected President and then that went through Congress. The 25th amd says the VP is appointed by the new vp and I may be wrong but I think section 2 or 3. He must be approved. I don't think they would get Condi through for one thing.When this all happened during the Nixon scandal and Agnew resigned because of the scandal against him, the House Speaker said the he didn't feel that it would be right for a Democrat to be president with a sitting Rep. President as the elected President. Some tried to hold the process up but that did not work.This was brought up again in 2003 I think. After 9-11, there was concern over what would happen. It's kinda funny because I just read the article. I'll have to dig it up and post it here. Anyway, the apointment would have to go down to Congress and would have to be met with their approval, which wouldn't happen.
Dude, youre talking about two different things. Line of succession doesn't apply in the case of a president resigning. Also, Condi would easily get through. She is MORE than qualified. How did Roberts and Alito get through? Many democrats voted yes. Roberts was confirmed by the full Senate on September 29, passing by a margin of 78-22.
Dude, youre talking about two different things. Line of succession doesn't apply in the case of a president resigning. Also, Condi would easily get through. She is MORE than qualified. How did Roberts and Alito get through? Many democrats voted yes. Roberts was confirmed by the full Senate on September 29, passing by a margin of 78-22.
This is really a stupid thread but I'll answer it.If you really think the Dems would pass her to be President, you have lost your mind.
http://rules.senate.gov/hearings/2003/091603LottOpen.htmhttp://blogs.wsj.com/law/2008/11/14/presid...lems-on-jan-20/Read this and you'll see that it wouldn't quite be that easy. I also have an article that says Condi would never do this anyway. It was presented as a possibility when Cheney was sick in 2007 and she said she wanted to go back into teaching or something along those lines. It's all nonsense anyway. Sounds like a fun idea but not reality.