Life Tilt - Starting Over

I get bankroll management and all, but if someone doesn't rely on poker as their only source of income, what's the big deal about taking shots and occasionaly playing out of your roll?
It's not a huge deal if it's more for recreation than anything else. The biggest problem though is that you're often going to be playing with "life money" instead of "poker money" when you need to redeposit after your shot-taking goes badly. For a lot of people that can impact how they play the game.
i didn't even know those existed. the 30 would be will within an 8k roll then. the 50 i think would be pushing it but not bad. sorry for the misunderstanding.
He said he cashed out 4.5...leaving him 3.5. But if it's 1r1a then it's slightly different. Still not enough to regularly play $90 or $150 mtts imo, but not horrible.

I kinda think the thing here is you went on tilte and blew 3.5k. I'd suggest trying to build up some more, and adjust strategy and tilt contorls at lower stakes before diving right back in.Trust me, if I was patient enough I'd be awesome <.<...>.>..Maybe. I should find a way to deposit through Paypal again...

BR management might be the most important aspect of the game. Along with emotional control and just basic fundamentals.Math is nice to have, but BR management is crucial, and I speak from experience.
I thought having rakeback was the most important thing in poker ?In general a lot of people will blame their bankroll or lack of one for their poker success or lack of it when the reality is that it's the other factors that are holding them back like emotional control and general poker skill. The lack of bankroll may make them tilt and play badly of course.Also, like many have suggested there is nothing wrong in taking shots and in many cases it's what propels somebody on to a higher level in the game.
It's not a huge deal if it's more for recreation than anything else. The biggest problem though is that you're often going to be playing with "life money" instead of "poker money" when you need to redeposit after your shot-taking goes badly. For a lot of people that can impact how they play the game.
This is a very good point. I am not playing with life money, so maybe that is what makes it somewhat different for me. I assign a certain amount of value to my time and I think that biased me toward playing in larger buyins once I had the bankroll to "support" it. I was successful at the 30 + 50 SnG level and initially was successful at the 100 SnG level, but hit a rough patch which hurt my BR. Additionally, I then decided that since I was doing well with lower rebuys and the 70KOs that I could take shots at the bigger tourneys (500 entries to the Sunday Brawl through satellites anyone?). In general it was poor play and BR management that cost me. That is why I was asking my original question regarding the best way to grind out a bonus. Has anyone done it with $30 SnGs or would I be better off playing a lot of $10 ones?
in all honesty?i would consider it unlikely that somebody can win at those levels and post something like this. no offense to op.
Probably a valid point, but for some reason I lost my ability to read well and added a lot more gamble to my game. I definitely have the ability to win at that level, but lost my perspective on other tourneys. In those 26 starts (for the 50r), I won once, finished 6th once and finished 4th once. I also cashed a few other time.The run from 0 to +$2,000 to -$1000 at the $100 at the $100 SnGs probably didnt help as well.I'm guessing it was mostly a discipline problem.
antistuff... he's talking about a 1r1a... so.. last time i checked u can only be in for 3x the bi lol..I dont know how good he is.. but the 501r1a on tilt is one of the best structures on full tilt... so.. he's well within his roll to play it a few times here and there.. and the 301r1a is absolutely fine as well. as long as he's mixing in some lower buy in tourneys as well.. I see nothing wrong with playing some of these as long as he's a good player (which he might not be).. sure he might not have the perfect bankroll for it.. but you guys are acting like he commmited a mortal sin. lol.
Originally, I was mixing in the a lot of the lower buyin tourneys as well as the satellites. In fact, in retrospect I should have stuck with the sats, as I had always done pretty well with them. What eventually killed me was playing a schedule that consisted of only the 70KO, 50r, and 100 SnGs. Dumb looking back on it now, but it is hard to have perspective in the moment. I guess I am fortunate that I had removed 55% of my BR.