1.What do you think are some of the most important things for someone to keep in mind when switching from a long time MTT grinder to low limit cash games to be a profitable player?2.MTTs i played very TAG style what style should i play at 10NL?3.What type of HUD stats should i have for 10nl?4.How should i play against some one running say around 80/10?5. some one at around 15/10?
1. That it is a completely different game. 2. TAG, LAG are really over-used terms and really outdated. You should play solid. Make hands, value bet, profit (see a theme).3. I think people focus way too much on this. Sure, we need to have a solid preflop game but post flop is where you make your money. Low limits 18/15, 19/16, 20/17 is what most people should be playing but it doesn't mean much compared to what you do post flop.4. Really too general of a question. I'm guessing an 80/10 is going to be a passive station so a lot of hands. Hands that can flop good. Suited connectors, pairs, big broadways. 5. Once again way too general. You really can't expect anyone to give you specific hands to play against a cookie cutter type player. Cause all players are different.
  • Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great Thread. Tons of props Rdog.1)Where do you see youself poker wise in 2 years? 5 years? 10 years?1.5)How can you be so good a 6 handed holdem yet so bad at 4 handed Chinese?

Great Thread. Tons of props Rdog.1)Where do you see youself poker wise in 2 years? 5 years? 10 years?1.5)How can you be so good a 6 handed holdem yet so bad at 4 handed Chinese?
1. 2 years- Probably playing mid stakes but logging a few less hands due to business stuff yet to be determined. 5 years- Probably same as 2 years. 10 years- Making money on the side playing poker.1.5. Cause ****ing Chinese Poker is rigged. I know you bastards could see my hole cards.

What do you think your winrate would be if you played 50NL full time?Why is this rate not possible at 200NL? Less people paying you off with stupid hands? Seems like people getting it in lighter would make up for this a little.What's the highest limit where you can easily play 50K hands a month and still be able to table select?

1. What do you think your winrate would be if you played 50NL full time?2. Why is this rate not possible at 200NL? Less people paying you off with stupid hands? Seems like people getting it in lighter would make up for this a little.3. What's the highest limit where you can easily play 50K hands a month and still be able to table select?
1. Hmmmm.....wow, tough question. Just taking a complete stab in the dark. 6-7 PTBB maybe? I'm actually curious now. Maybe once I win the lotto I will play 100k hands at 50 NL in a month to get some idea.2. Better and more regs per table for sure. The fish aren't really much better at 200. The regs are just a lot better.3. Probably 5/10.
How did you know when you were ready to move up a level?What were YOUR bankroll guidelines? What did you need to "take a shot"?
I never grinded micros. I had a roll from playing tournaments. I think at the very low levels bankroll should be a big determining factor when to move up. As you get to say 100 I think it should be skill level more than bankroll. Meaning that you should have reached a certain skill level and have the bankroll for the next limit. I think its fine to "take shots" with 20 buy ins for sure.
Can you elaborate on this? Why do you have no desire to work your way up to playing nosebleed stakes? Stress?
There just aren't enough tables running higher than that to play only those levels, table select AND be able to play that many hands.Nosebleeds. The swings in those games are just way too crazy. I mean, unless someone like Guy is playing those lineups are always going to be super tough. When you start saying Benyamine is the fish in the game, that's a pretty tough game.
I never grinded micros. I had a roll from playing tournaments. I think at the very low levels bankroll should be a big determining factor when to move up. As you get to say 100 I think it should be skill level more than bankroll. Meaning that you should have reached a certain skill level and have the bankroll for the next limit. I think its fine to "take shots" with 20 buy ins for sure.
what limit did you start at? 100nl?

Apologies if this has been asked before - 1. How is your hoodez business doing? What made you decide to start a clothing business and what aims do you have for it in the future?

What is the dumbest thing that you ever did playing on-line? Like say getting drunk one night and taking a shot at limits that you should never have even thought of being at then losing your whole roll? (Not saying I have, just a hypothetical situation.)

What is the dumbest thing that you ever did playing on-line? Like say getting drunk one night and taking a shot at limits that you should never have even thought of being at then losing your whole roll? (Not saying I have, just a hypothetical situation.)
I'll take this one for RDog,Decided to stake me.
I have actually never played anything but micro limits drunk. It's actually a huge, huge, huge leak that I have never understood at all. Besides, most of the time when I am drunk I am way too busy drunk texting to deal with poker.Hmmmm.......I think flipping with Naked Cowboy when he runs like baby jesus was a huge mistake.
I talk about it on multiple occasions in here. Go back and read it.
harsh man, harsh.somewhere on this page prob. you wrote 20 buyins is enough to take a shot. can someone else with a fantastic memory tell me what rdog's bankroll rule is? honestly too lazy to reread the whole thread right now.
Apologies if this has been asked before - 1. How is your hoodez business doing? What made you decide to start a clothing business and what aims do you have for it in the future?
I'll add one to that:2. Why do I see more and more "Hoodiez" avatars and sigs popping up? Is it a condition of getting staked/coached or are they just really excited about your non-poker business venture?And on a serious note...3. Do you have any interest in trying other games, or is 10-tabling NLHE 6 max tables your niche?4. How strict is your work regimen? How many hours per day do you put in? Do you have set start times and break times, or do you just target x hours (or x hands) per day so that you can take a break whenever necessary?
harsh man, harsh.somewhere on this page prob. you wrote 20 buyins is enough to take a shot. can someone else with a fantastic memory tell me what rdog's bankroll rule is? honestly too lazy to reread the whole thread right now.
Not harsh...truth...This is honestly why some people will never get better at poker. You admit to being "too lazy to reread the whole thread" and want someone to spoonfeed you the answer. This thread is a WHOPPPING 5 pages (or 10 if you have it the other way). If you can't even take the time to go back through a lousy 5-10 pages...then quite frankly you will never get better at this game. So I guess quit asking all sorts of questions. All you really want is someone to spoonfeed you the info and you probably expect someone to spoonfeed you how to play hands and expect to spoonfeed you a solid winrate. Sorry boss...poker doesn't work that way and pretty much every great player on this site...or any site for that matter...takes the time and energy to read, learn, absorb, reread, relearn, etc etc. and nobody gets it "spoonfed" for them.Just kinda irritates me that Rdog takes the time to give people great info...all free of charge...and some people are too lazy to even read it when it's right in front of them...meh...
It's going fine. We have started seeing orders from people that have found us through search engines which is good. The "store" we use has started doing commission advertising so hopefully that helps quite a bit. Just like any online business it is just going to take a while before we start seeing profit. Probably within the next couple weeks we are going to do a few discount promotions so hoping that increases sales quite a bit.Honestly, I'm not even sure how it happened. We were trying different things and everyone you talk to really likes hoodies so we figured why not. Our eventual goal is to get them in some small stores maybe but we need to build the brand name a bit first.