A couple key points already mentioned:1) He has said he is a Christian. If we were a Muslim he would be lying about his core beliefs.2) The Constitution is based on Christian principals.3) Certain Muslim beliefs don't go hand in hand with American values, i.e. the treatment of women. Btw, I'll get to your e-mail soon.
2 and 3 really bother me.2 troubles me because it seems a bit arrogant to claim that as a fact, and I find the belief itself to be egocentric. It is kind of like imposing your viewpoint onto others. I'm sure an argument can be made that the US Constitution is based on Christian princples (you meant principles, not principals right?). In my limited research on the internet I found several, but they all seem to be biased, it seems that only Christians feel that way.3 seems to be kind of judgemental and intolerant, it's like saying Muslims don't belong in American society because the two are incompatible. It's also too much of an oversimplication of reality. Also, the reference to the vague idea of American values, what are they exactly? One can argue that the America of today is anti-intellectualist and fearful of the unknown. The America of today includes things like the Patriot act, anti-terror laws, unwarranted surveillance, etc. (i.e. anti-freedom)As a side note, I agree with OP.
2 and 3 really bother me.2 troubles me because it seems a bit arrogant to claim that as a fact, and I find the belief itself to be egocentric. It is kind of like imposing your viewpoint onto others. I'm sure an argument can be made that the US Constitution is based on Christian princples (you meant principles, not principals right?). In my limited research on the internet I found several, but they all seem to be biased, it seems that only Christians feel that way.3 seems to be kind of judgemental and intolerant, it's like saying Muslims don't belong in American society because the two are incompatible. It's also too much of an oversimplication of reality. Also, the reference to the vague idea of American values, what are they exactly? One can argue that the America of today is anti-intellectualist and fearful of the unknown. The America of today includes things like the Patriot act, anti-terror laws, unwarranted surveillance, etc. (i.e. anti-freedom)As a side note, I agree with OP.
Regarding 3. Christianity is irrational, but reasonably benevolent so long as functional atheists control society. Functional atheists are Christians who proclaim belief, but behave as atheists 99.44% of the time, except for weddings, funerals, births, and internet arguments. The vast majority of American Christians are functional atheists, thank God.However, Islam is beyond irrational, and it's followers throughout the world are chronic violent troublemakers. Really, wherever you observe fervent Islam, you observe intense hatred, violence, and empirical chaos. Islamic values are not only anti-American, they are anti-human. They denigrate the individual and epitomize the group. It's a bad religion, and even the secular aspects of its philosophy are counterproductive to peaceful and productive life on Earth. They could be ignored on the world stage and left to kill each other, as they have done for thousands of years. Except for the unlucky accident that they sit on such a large proportion of the world's oil supply. Fortunately for the future of mankind, this is a temporary phenomenon.
Only the tip of a very deeeeeeep-rooted iceberg.Obama is mixed-race. It is one thing for White ethnocentric people to call him 'black' as it could said that they categorize all people who are not 99% white as blacks or whatever else.However, the entire Western liberal media has decided to continue in this vein, instead of seizing the chance to champion the ultimate result of the multicultural and multiracial ideals which they so zealously champion.Here it is, the moment they all should have been waiting for - the product of a white and a black, a mixed-race man on the verge of becoming POTUS, but they couldn't quite follow through with their fallacious doctrines!!He should have been hailed for being mixed-race, and truly a new beginning by the Western liberal MSM - however they weren't quite as utopian as they would have you believe. Whether subconsciously racist, or suffering from some perverse form of self-hate is not clear, but they have all but denied Obama's white heritage despite the fact that in fact he was brought up by his white mother's family.Of course he had to grow up as 'black' in the reality of the US, but this was a chance for the liberal elite in the MSM to break with the past, effect 'change', and truly heal the wounds of racial tensions. They missed their chance!! What does this say to all mixed-race kids in the US?? You must 'bat' for one side only(the black side) - thereby prolonging racial tensions.The constant assertions that liberals are 'progressive' has truly been disproved as far as I'm concerned.
I guess youve never read anything he's written. He considers himself black. [x] Fail
Got to love your use of the word anachronistic. I had to google it... You could say that about so many Christians as well. Quaintly anachronistic.
I agree with "many" and maybe even "so many", but not Christians as a group or Christian leadership. Islam is the only major religion (I dont include the Eastern philosophies as religion) who's practice has failed to evolve with the world.
Islam is the only major religion (I dont include the Eastern philosophies as religion) who's practice has failed to evolve with the world.
Hmmm... That's a good way of stating it. I don't know as much about Islam as I do about Christianity. I do however know that Christianity has indeed changed a lot over the years (various newer sects of Christianty and also the changes in Catholicism). Just not enough for ME :club: